Divine Tribe atty's

OF

How is the vapor quality between the V2 and the Solo @OF ?

I assume you meant 'Gen 2' not 'V2' here, two entirely different products......

As to vapor quality both in general and in this case I think it's far too subjective an opinion to be basing your decisions on. You have to decide for yourself. I own, like, use and recommend both. That is I've no major objections to either.

Besides, I wouldn't want to deprive you of the adventure of finding out for yourself......

OF

Morty

Guess who just ordered an iStick Pico & black Sai and DT V3. That's right, this fuckin' guy! :bowdown: :clap:

Been interested in the DT V3 for a short while now, in part to some of @invertedisdead 's posts about how much he likes his, which made me look into it more (Thanks bro! Don't hate me if I PM you down the line w/ a few quick questions :D). Also heard a lot of good things about Matt (& Vic at HVT), which helped sway my decision as well. Good CS is a huge purchasing factor for me.

So stoked guys. Been wanting a box mod for awhile (my 1st) for "blending in" stealth (& at home use). This should compliment my pens nicely, which I use for :ninja: stealth. Got a lot of reading & homework to do now :). Gonna be fun. So fucking excited! I think I see a DC Gen2 510 in my future. :leaf:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Guess who just ordered an iStick Pico & black Sai and DT V3. That's right, this fuckin' guy! :bowdown: :clap:

Been interested in the DT V3 for a short while now, in part to some of @invertedisdead 's posts about how much he likes his, which made me look into it more (Thanks bro! Don't hate me if I PM you down the line w/ a few quick questions :D). Also heard a lot of good things about Matt (& Vic at HVT), which helped sway my decision as well. Good CS is a huge purchasing factor for me.

So stoked guys. Been wanting a box mod for awhile (my 1st) for "blending in" stealth (& at home use). This should compliment my pens nicely, which I use for :ninja: stealth. Got a lot of reading & homework to do now :). Gonna be fun. So fucking excited! I think I see a DC Gen2 510 in my future. :leaf:

Congrats!

I've been hitting mine all morning and am already pretty blasted, but seeing this post I think I'll go in on another :D

For an entire rebuildable atomizer that costs as much as some other companies replacement coils... it's legit. You should look into downloading Arctic Fox firmware, check out the last few pages there is some good info on it. I'm getting more consistent hits at even lower temps which is really giving enjoyable flavor.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Ive even read the entire 119page thread....

Ive been smoking a divine tribe 2.7 deep bowl for 6 months, absolutely love the flavor and massive airflow.

Im powering it with a eLeaf iStick TC100W on firmware 1.13. Set on TC mode, 12.0 watts, Ni, 250-290F. Higher temps for super stable crumbles, lower for shatter. Shits very smooth. I've also used several Kangertech mods with VW 12.5W, and noticed they produced a lot less vapor (maybe the difference between 1x18650 and 2x18650). And of course, more burnt flavor since there is no TC on the Kangertech's)

Anyway, wanted to report the great experience with the ceramic coils after several years of shitty Ti vape pens.

Matt's the best, and I fully support this dude! (Ps. Congrats Dad!)

Last edited:
I've also got a question. Is there any solution to hot car leakage? Im a globber, i leave my hardware in the car while i work, and i know i'm supposed to "load small, load frequently" , but im also wanting to cram a pipe full of wax/shatter/crumble and puff all day (be damned if it gets a bit burnt).

My problem is in 80+ F weather, the threaded center leaks wax into the 510 threads, and over the top and down the sides of my mod (and into my car). I have started using shatter at home on my enail, and saving all my crumble for the car, since it is much more heat tolerant (until you melt it). Im cleaning the pipe every 2-3 days.

Im wondering if the DT3.0 helps at all to resolve this issue, or if there is a solution that applies to the 2.7 and 3.0?

Ive ordered some silicon washers, 1mm thick, 15mm O.D. and 5mm I.D. the threaded center is closer to 7mm, but im hoping it'll stretch. This may be too thick to allow the 510 port to connect, but im hoping to compress it a bit, making a nice tight seal.

Ive also considered just plugging the hole that goes through the 510 thread. Maybe use a 2mil silicon rod and wedge it in there.

Ive even been thinking about freezing a thermos, but not sure it's really feasible to keep freezing and refreezing every day to cover my commute home.

Any thoughts, or suggestions? Im willing to try just about anything, except smoking less ;)

~Love this community~

Your420Highness

Steven

I've also got a question. Is there any solution to hot car leakage? Im a globber, i leave my hardware in the car while i work, and i know i'm supposed to "load small, load frequently" , but im also wanting to cram a pipe full of wax/shatter/crumble and puff all day (be damned if it gets a bit burnt).

My problem is in 80+ F weather, the threaded center leaks wax into the 510 threads, and over the top and down the sides of my mod (and into my car). I have started using shatter at home on my enail, and saving all my crumble for the car, since it is much more heat tolerant (until you melt it). Im cleaning the pipe every 2-3 days.

Im wondering if the DT3.0 helps at all to resolve this issue, or if there is a solution that applies to the 2.7 and 3.0?

Ive ordered some silicon washers, 1mm thick, 15mm O.D. and 5mm I.D. the threaded center is closer to 7mm, but im hoping it'll stretch. This may be too thick to allow the 510 port to connect, but im hoping to compress it a bit, making a nice tight seal.

Ive also considered just plugging the hole that goes through the 510 thread. Maybe use a 2mil silicon rod and wedge it in there.

Ive even been thinking about freezing a thermos, but not sure it's really feasible to keep freezing and refreezing every day to cover my commute home.

Any thoughts, or suggestions? Im willing to try just about anything, except smoking less ;)

~Love this community~

Your420Highness

I think we have all suffered your issues one time or another. The dt attys were designed for small loads, so loading a large amount will definitely lead to leakage. I suggest you load single hit loads.

So your probably still asking how do you keep your wax from melting in 80F weather whether if it's in a container or the atty?
http://www.patrondispenser.com/shop/i_140_stainless-steel-dispenser-2ml
images
it's basically a press syringe. Its not ideal for crumble, but it works beautifully with shatter in ur conditions u are asking about. I have been using this thing to contain and dose out my shatter for abiut 2 months maybe and love every bit of it. It's a bit pricey with shipping though

Morty

I think I see a DC Gen2 510 in my future.

Well...that was quick. Just ordered the DC Gen2 510 dry herb atty. :lol:

Ordered 4 vapes in the last two weeks. Been fighting off the VAS for a good while now, but the dam has finally been broken. Can't complain though, all 4 have been great values.

OMG...I'm gonna be soooo fuuuuucked up w/ all the testing. :bowdown:

I guess it's just the price I'll have to pay.

:science:

:bigleaf:

Last edited:

chimpybits

Just posting in order to rant! Received my Evic Basic after waiting 2 months (slow boat from China). Have used it a couple of times and of course the charging doesn't work. If I fiddle with the USB and get it just so, then I get the charge meter for an instant. I've spent nearly 2 hours and have given up.

I'll be tossing this in the garbage - just like my PNP, Haze Dual, and MF. Since beginning my vaping journey 6 years ago, finding a portable has been a complete failure. (International shipping costs prevent me considering the return process). This is why I advise my smoking friends not to switch to portable vaping unless they are interested in frustration and wasted $. :cuss::bang: Fuck portable vaping!

I was just starting to enjoy the DT3 after trying both the stock and the myevic firmware. It looks like I'm spending another summer tied to my plugin DD SSV.

Last edited:

chimpybits

I paid less than $30 for my basic(myfreedomsmokes.com)and love it for portable. Don't give up...
Too late I've nearly given up. I've posted in the Classifieds as a last ditch attempt.

p.s. I'm not in the mood to hear how wonderful your Basic is. I bought from the same place and mine is garbage. Just like my Haze, PNP, MF.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Where did you get it from China? Sure it's not a fake?

On fasttech for instance you have to be careful to select products with "authentic" in the title otherwise it's a clone (sometimes they use the word "styled" to denote clones but the only sure way to know is the absence of "authentic")

If you say you got intermittent contact, then open the device and resolder the jack or USB port (whichever it's using) It should be an easy job with a fine tip iron. If it's beyond your skills I'm sure someone in your surroundings would be happy to do it for you.

Last edited:

chimpybits

Where did you get it from China? Sure it's not a fake?

On fasttech for instance you have to be careful to select products with "authentic" in the title otherwise it's a clone (sometimes they use the word "styled" to denote clones but the only sure way to know is the absence of "authentic")

If you say you got intermittent contact, then open the device and resolder the jack or USB port (whichever it's using) It should be an easy job with a fine tip iron. If it's beyond your skills I'm sure someone in your surroundings would be happy to to it for you.
I got it from Fastech (as recommended here). No idea if it's authentic and at this point don't care as it's too late anyway. My order did state: "Authentic Joyetech eVic Basic 60W 1500mAh TC VW APV Mod 1-60W / 100-315'C(200-600'F) / aluminum"

Don't have soldering skills or tools. Nor should I need them to vape in a portable way. Easy for someone to do it for me?? Oh sure. Do you want to come over to my place and do it? No. Didn't think so. Sorry KeroZen to vent, but I'm still pissed.

After spending several hundreds of dollars on useless gear, I have to declare that smoking is for me waaaaaaay cheaper than vaping. Not that I'm going back to smoking after 6+ years of vaping. But I am fed up of being tied to the outlet.

EDIT. Yes, the product did state "authentic" in title. Just discovered that the Fastech emails included a link to the original page which states "Authentic Joyetech eVic Basic 60W 1500mAh TC VW APV Mod"

Last edited:

Steven

I got it from Fastech (as recommended here). No idea if it's authentic and at this point don't care as it's too late anyway. My order did state: "Authentic Joyetech eVic Basic 60W 1500mAh TC VW APV Mod 1-60W / 100-315'C(200-600'F) / aluminum"

Don't have soldering skills or tools. Nor should I need them to vape in a portable way. Easy for someone to do it for me?? Oh sure. Do you want to come over to my place and do it? No. Didn't think so. Sorry KeroZen to vent, but I'm still pissed.

After spending several hundreds of dollars on useless gear, I have to declare that smoking is for me waaaaaaay cheaper than vaping. Not that I'm going back to smoking after 6+ years of vaping. But I am fed up of being tied to the outlet.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I think we were all tired of being wired in at one point or another brother. Don't give up, mods are only getting better and cheaper. Perhaps you should try buying locally. Not trying to push divinetribe gear on you but Matt sells a number of mods that you would probably like. This way, if anything goes wrong with the mod initially, Matt will work with you on the order. Plus shipping is lightning fast with him. I actually just ordered an evic primo mini off fastech. I hope I won't encounter any problems.

I've had my evic basic since it first came out (10 months maybe not sure) and it is showing signs of failure. It's the damn internal battery. This is my first internal battery mod and it is also the mod with the shortest lifespan. In its defense, sometimes I leave it plugged in the charger over night. I loved its form. And function, but it was too short lived. So im going back to the trusted tried and true external battery mods. Hope my evic primo mini pans out.

Good luck in your vaping endeavors

Last edited:

chimpybits

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I think we were all tired of being wired in at one point or another brother. Don't give up, mods are only getting better and cheaper. Perhaps you should try buying locally. Not trying to push divinetribe gear on you but Matt sells a number of mods that you would probably like. This way, if anything goes wrong with the mod initially, Matt will work with you on the order. Plus shipping is lightning fast with him. I actually just ordered an evic primo mini off fastech. I hope I won't encounter any problems.

I've had my evic basic since it first came out (10 months maybe not sure) and it is showing signs of failure. It's the damn internal battery. This is my first internal battery mod and it is also the mod with the shortest lifespan. In its defense, sometimes I leave it plugged in the charger over night. I loved its form. And function, but it was too short lived. So im going back to the trusted tried and true external battery mods. Hope my evic primo mini pans out.

Good luck in vaping endeavors
Yes, I really enjoyed the Basic's form and function the two times I used it.

I'd rather not order mods from Matt or anywhere else not in Canada. I prefer your idea of buying locally. Considerably more expensive for same product, but local (i.e. free) returns or exchanges.

Whereas, international product invariably results in defunct product either in drawer collecting dust or in the landfill - due to my inability to stomach round(s) of international shipping. EDIT. Based on my vape acquisition Hx, once it's broken, it's broken. And typically it's broken immediately or within a few uses. That's it. No second chance. (Sorry Haze - I really wanted you).

Next round of herb vape purchase will be Canuck-ed. Perhaps one of D. Morrison's or Pipes creations or something else through planetvape.ca.

I'm actually considering returning to smoking when out-and-about! Sooo :puke: but on the other hand, gets the job done :spliff:

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I have 3 eVic vTwin Mini's, all have worked out of the box no problem.
I still haven't upgraded to ArticFox firmware, but the standard stuff is working fine.
I've never tried to charge them with the miniUSB cable, I just pull the 18650 and slap
it in a standalone charger and swap a fresh one in.
As for the question of keeping your portable vape in your car... I don't know if interior
temps in a closed car take the batteries out of their safe operating range, but we've seen a number
of cars on fire from vapes igniting inside the cabin (most of these were supposedly reported as e-cig, but who knows?).
If I was to travel with one of these units and a DT v3, I'd keep the v3 in a well sealed container and consider finding a suitable insulating sleeve to make carrying the 18650 safe (bad things happen if they happen to contact something conductive in your pocket!!!). Anyone feel the eVic units don't stand up in heat? Would be good to know in this context.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Our lithium cells can operate up to 80°C and usually survive up to 100°C, that is, the boiling point of water. Car interiors can get hot but thankfully not that much! :p

On the other hand it's true that these chemistries don't like heat, it reduces their service life. They don't like too cold either but that's another story. The worst would be leaving them in a hot car then using the device in the car right away...

IIRC most accidents I've heard of involved charging batteries in the car, as that's when thing can really go wrong. But spontaneous thermal runaway out of the blue while the cell is unused, I think it's pretty rare. Might be wrong though, if you have any links to share...

Steven

I have 3 eVic vTwin Mini's, all have worked out of the box no problem.
I still haven't upgraded to ArticFox firmware, but the standard stuff is working fine.
I've never tried to charge them with the miniUSB cable, I just pull the 18650 and slap
it in a standalone charger and swap a fresh one in.
As for the question of keeping your portable vape in your car... I don't know if interior
temps in a closed car take the batteries out of their safe operating range, but we've seen a number
of cars on fire from vapes igniting inside the cabin (most of these were supposedly reported as e-cig, but who knows?).
If I was to travel with one of these units and a DT v3, I'd keep the v3 in a well sealed container and consider finding a suitable insulating sleeve to make carrying the 18650 safe (bad things happen if they happen to contact something conductive in your pocket!!!). Anyone feel the eVic units don't stand up in heat? Would be good to know in this context.
I exclusively store and use my evic basic in the car. I actually charge it in my car as well. @KeroZen's post worries me a bit now. My evic basic worked beautifully but as mentioned, it's showing signs of failure. For example, it shows 100% charges, but after 3 hits, I get a weak battery error. However, the battery percentage would raise after a minute or so but it's still being drained much quicker than normal. This largely might be due to me leaving it in the charger overnight though

OF

I've also got a question. Is there any solution to hot car leakage?

For sure it's going to be trouble if you load enough to flood the floor to the level of the air vents and gravity is in play (it's standing upright). Once concentrate gets past the vents in the floor there's no way back and the only way is to flood the base. Unless you can keep it from flowing (cold).

A technique I use sometimes is one of those 'permanent ice packs', which I keep frozen in the freezer against such needs. Or maybe lunch with mayo or potato salad? I have 2 (or maybe 3?) 'lunch bag' size bags, one inside the other, to put it it (great insulation for reasonable times, cheap and inconspicuous). Much better than the small ice chest in the trunk I used to use.

V3 is probably not a useful option here, as it too works best with modest loads and will flood if you get carried away.

For example, it shows 100% charges, but after 3 hits, I get a weak battery error. However, the battery percentage would raise after a minute or so but it's still being drained much quicker than normal. This largely might be due to me leaving it in the charger overnight though

I'm with KZ (once again....), sounds to me like long term damage from heat? One of the problems that can crop up is rises in internal resistance. This means that the voltage reads fine normally, but drops with load (heating). The battery still is chemically charged, but it has trouble providing full voltage under load. Like car headlights and a 'dead' battery where they shine just fine until you try to start the engine (huge current needed) when they 'wink out' as their ability to deliver 12 Volts is taxed.

Heat really is the enemy here. Over time it alone can kill the cell regardless of charge/use. I hope your Basic gave good service as I fear it's on it's last legs. Perhaps a Mini or Pico (removable 18650s) is a better option for your use?

Regards to all.

OF

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Those of you looking to keep your concentrates stable during the day might want to look and perhaps contribute to this thread I started earlier this year...http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/concentrate-coolers-keeping-things-stable.24062/#post-1117735

I still have not found a solution I like. I dont like the Patron dispenser idea either. I had a similar setup for distillates when they were actually available and it worked but still was not a good solution considering I dont want my trates sitting in a hot car all day losing terps and what not.

As of late, I have been using a safety case from Black Rock to store just my concentrates and 18650 battery and bringing them in my office everyday. When I need the material to be more stable for loading I put the individual concentrate container I intend to use on my car AC vent for a few minutes. It works but still is not idea.

Steven

Heat really is the enemy here. Over time it alone can kill the cell regardless of charge/use. I hope your Basic gave good service as I fear it's on it's last legs. Perhaps a Mini or Pico (removable 18650s) is a better option for your use?
@KeroZen and @OF may be correct about the heat. But as reference, I didn't get issues until I started leaving it in the charger a few times over night. I was always diligent to not do this, but ever since I did it once, my defenses were breached and ended up doing it several times a week. Didn't think anything of it until it started acting up. It very much could be the heat as well because it's been a scorcher in California past few days

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
I expect a few new atomizers to be released in the next few months ,, two are crucible designs.. thanks @Steven for the vandy pulse RDA air intake idea. I ran with that bigtime. Anyone who wants to see some cads of these new designs please email matt@ineedhemp.com
here is a video of me using the v3, I have been using this same donut for 9 months now. I clean regularly.
Black Gen 2 DC will be here this week.. If anyone has questions please direct them to my email.
thanks
matt

Last edited:

Steven

I expect a few new atomizers to be released in the next few months ,, two are crucible designs.. thanks @Steven for the vandy pulse RDA air intake idea. I ran with that bigtime. Anyone who wants to see some cads of these new designs please email matt@ineedhemp.com
here is a video of me using the v3, I have been using this same donut for 9 months now. I clean regularly.
Black Gen 2 DC will be here this week.. If anyone has questions please direct them to my email.
thanks
matt

This is some exciting news to hear. As always, I'm always impressed with every new advancement in the series. Please include magnet or orings replacements for the screws to hold the outer housing

Top Bottom