Divine Tribe atty's

OF

Wsh me luck.

Without a net? Sounds mighty brave to me......

Welcome to the fun, give you odds you sort it out easily enough and 'get right into it'. You might start with m values of 245 for the Gen 2 and small doughnut and 170 for the large. That's what I'm using with considerable success as have others foolish enough to follow my advice. I set to 390F usually, and get proper response from raising and lowering that after power and m values are fixed.

For power I recommend 12 Watts for the small doughnut, 18 for the large and 24 for the Gen 2. Those are probably good power numbers to start with in 'VW mode', just be ready to back off the power some when you make temperature (pulse the button). TCR does that automatically for you of course.

Enjoy your new vapes, you picked a couple of winners.

OF

Bad Ocelot

I've been using the RX200 with the Gen2, plenty of battery there. Also a crude melee weapon in a pinch. The RX mini is great for the V2.x & 3 as well. I've used it with the Gen 2, but that does kill the 2100mAh internal battery fairly quickly. TCR function on these wismec mods seems just as good as the joyetech & eleaf (quite probably the same chipset). Got myself the psychedelic looking RX mini resin & a new V3 for 420. Nice looking setup there :brow:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is a .85 resistance high on the 10mm donut? I switched to a new one last night and that was the cold reading. My fairly new (week or two) 13mm went up another 4 points in resistance so out with that one.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: OF

Bad Ocelot

They vary quite a bit, some of mine have been >0.7ohm. I wouldn't worry to much about the initial cold resistance as long as it's functioning properly. I've had some of my 2.x's go up considerably in resistance & still function just fine. Was the now retired donut still working properly?

OF

Eureka! "I found it". Not only my state motto (from the Gold Rush you know....) but how I feel after one of those after the fact obvious solutions to a tough problem.

Recall I'm playing with the fancy syringes @Steven found. He and I ended up independently ordering about the same assortment to play with. He struck instant success (easy to hate a guy like that, isn't it?). I was able to feed oil but not the wax I wanted. Just too stiff.

So, today I tried again. This time heating the whole thing in a cup of hot tap water. 15 minutes with 3 changes left it warm, but not uncomfortable. And only slightly easier to force it up. I made a dozen or so balls by cranking about as hard as possible with fingertips alone and waiting. And waiting. Then waiting some more. 30 seconds or so and a snake just long enough for a smallish ball came out. It'd wipe it off, roll it with my fingers and stick it in the box and go back to waiting.

Then, after it was over and I was looking at the still filled nozzle it hit me......why have the nozzle? I took it off and all sins were instantly forgiven. The hole in the body is easily twice as large, no problem at all running a suitable ribbon now. And the loading cap seals it much better than the slip on cover can. And it's shorter by half an inch or so.

I think it was Einstein who said, 'sometimes the answer to months of research presents itself over a cup of coffee'. Somebody did, let's blame him?

Now here's the tough part: Nobody tell Steven?. Let's see how long it takes him to think of it?

BTW the Ti nozzle should be OK I think, the hole is much bigger......but why bother and spend the money if you don't need it to directly dab?

OK, remember it's our little secret......mum's the word as they say.

OF

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
They vary quite a bit, some of mine have been >0.7ohm. I wouldn't worry to much about the initial cold resistance as long as it's functioning properly. I've had some of my 2.x's go up considerably in resistance & still function just fine. Was the now retired donut still working properly?

I got it soaking for a deep clean, I'll check it in a day or two. It seemed like it was starting to demand higher temps to work, but I may have just had a stoned hissy fit and demanded a fresh donut! I have one sitting in the drawer where the leads broke off trying to get the donut out of the cup, not sure what I'm saving that one for lol.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Bad Ocelot

Bad Ocelot

if they get particularly crusty that can necessitate a higher temp value. I soak mine in iso then burn clean then rinse with warm water. Usually does the trick. Scraping makes me a bit nervous as ceramic dust is not something you really wanna inhale. Don't think I've blown any 13mm or 10mm donuts yet. Gone through a few 2.x's, but aside from the one I accidentally cleaned at 17w they've all lasted months.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
My experience with these donuts has been that rising resistance means oil has entered into the cinch screw cavity where the donut attaches. a good ISO soak and some careful cleaning of the holes for the wire leads should help.

This is something I've thought about a bit here and there... Matt, Vape Donkey, etc... can we change the way the leads are connected? A screw terminal applies a bit much focused pressure on the lead (the most common point of failure in my experience), and I know in the past I've seen screw terminals that have a stiff 2 piece copper insert that distributes the pressure across more of the lead (which should also help prevent oil entering that contact space)... any electronics geeks remember what I'm talkin' about? :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was thinking that's another possibility @looney2nz
I only swapped the donut last night, I didn't do a full cleaning so if that's the case it could be giving me a higher reading on this 10mm donut too. I need to pull a Vape Donkey and get another v3 so I can swap parts while others are cleaning.

Interesting thought looney on the mounting, as I mentioned above I have a donut in my drawer where the leads broke off too short and caused early retirement too.

Steven

I remember some savy fellows on here were using extra metal wires/cords in the lead posts to ease the pressure on the donut leads as well as cover a cavity for leakage.

As for the patron apollo dispenser (fancy syringe), @OF I'm calling all troops and hunting you down for holding out on me. We'll I guess the troops can chill. I discovered the cartridge hole to be a bit larger as well. I really wanted to apply directly using the TI tip but that was a mess. The tip is good if you want to directly dab with it but other than that, it just holds wax that's tedious to remove, had to do it last night. But as @OF says, using this thing straight from the cartridge nozzle is the ticket. Whatever I was using to hold my wax and make balls, this is clearly the better mouse trap. Even stable room temperature wax can be cranked out of this beast. I can actually apply a few twists and see a nub come out. As it approaches my desired dose I back off the screw and a small bit will come out and I break out a perfect dose to load into the dtv3, effortless ball made. Obviously this will still be hard in colder climates. But it's in the low 70's high 60's where I'm at and it's working just fine. For me, I'm claiming this a win. If you are tired of dealing with wax, definitely look into the patron apollo chrome dispenser.

Bad Ocelot

I think you guys have sold me on the patron dispenser. I've got some rosin right now that's fucking nightmare fuel to deal with. Probably tossed a quarter gram in the rubbish via residual stuck to toothpicks. I usually try to get stable shatters, but that doesn't always work out. How difficult is it to get the wax in the dispenser initially?

Steven

I think you guys have sold me on the patron dispenser. I've got some rosin right now that's fucking nightmare fuel to deal with. Probably tossed a quarter gram in the rubbish via residual stuck to toothpicks. I usually try to get stable shatters, but that doesn't always work out. How difficult is it to get the wax in the dispenser initially?
I think rosin will be a bit harder than shatter but that's only a solid guess on my part. I've only handled rosin 3 or so times but I'm quite proficient with shatter. It's pretty easy to load. Patron has a YouTube channel that shows tutorials. The way I intend to load this is to just add more wax, no matter the strain, after the cartridge goes empty. If you really insist on cleaning out all the wax to load a fresh strain everytime it goes empty then I'm not certain about loss there. I haven't thought about it but if need be, almost full extraction of wax from the cartridge is probable but there might be some loss. However for me, that minimal loss is worth the convenience.

Maybe @OF can elaborate on your questions, sorry don't deal with rosin too much

Last edited:

OF

Whatever I was using to hold my wax and make balls, this is clearly the better mouse trap. Even stable room temperature wax can be cranked out of this beast. I can actually apply a few twists and see a nub come out. As it approaches my desired dose I back off the screw and a small bit will come out and I break out a perfect dose to load into the dtv3, effortless ball made. Obviously this will still be hard in colder climates.

Funny, I was playing with just that technique. After a bit you develop a 'feel' for how it's going and can get easy, precise balls the size you want. Or you can use the same 'back off just before it gets there' technique to squeeze out a single dose.

And I really like the dome shaped cap as opposed to the nozzle and slip on cover. You can gronk that sucker down gut und tight.

For colder weather, I'm thinking a pants pocket might be the perfect handy heater? Or my favorite for such things, an inside shirt pocket........

Hey, don't write me into this, it's Steven's fault. He sucked me into this not so long ago, right? You just held out longer.......

The wax I'm using is a bit lumpy coming out of the jar at room temperature. You can roll it into a ball easily (none sticks to my fingers) that holds it's shape (doesn't collapse over several days). The body is very wide and not too deep (2cc model), I just shoveled it in with a spatula and poked it more or less flat for a maximum fill. Then you use a bread tie (or in my case out of the box of Baggies) from the surface and fold it over the lip so it runs down the side and lets the air out as you put the plunger in and press it down. The body is capped solidly where the nozzle will go. Then you slide the wire tie out, strange but it works very well, no damage to the seals.

The $5 plastic back is OK but no doubt not up to lots of heavy use, be sure you have a backup handy.

OTOH the SS version will outlast you. Seriously well made, brutishly strong. I suspect you could burst the body out the windows if you put your mind to it without damage to the SS parts (3 of them). And then a new $2 body would get you going again. That's a neat feature, you can have preloaded bodies kicking around like I have now (only two strains so far, but I got a small box of bodies here......). Steven has even had success with a secret process for getting the piston out so you can reuse the two dollar body......that's getting cheap enough to get my attention, although I'm OK scrapping them if need be, cheap compared to what's inside them.

OF

chimpybits

Does anyone know any sites that sell the Evic Basic and ship to Canada?

Ideally, it would offer PayPal as well, but that might be a tall order.
myfreedomsmokes.com I don't think will work as it seems to require a US govt ID!?!

OF

Does anyone know any sites that sell the Evic Basic and ship to Canada?

Ideally, it would offer PayPal as well, but that might be a tall order.
myfreedomsmokes.com I don't think will work as it seems to require a US govt ID!?!

Contact them, I'd think they're looking to prove you're over 18, not a Yank? I bet they'd be happy to take your money. Or Paypal if they do otherwise?

Good choice, BTW, but you knew that?

OF

chimpybits

Contact them, I'd think they're looking to prove you're over 18, not a Yank? I bet they'd be happy to take your money. Or Paypal if they do otherwise?

OF
Email sent.

chimpybits,

Steven

Here the video. And it's confirmed that the plastic cartridges that holds the wax can be reused many times over, the exact number remains to be discovered. I do expect my bag of 10 and the 2 that came with the unit will last at least a year, or so I hope. Hope this eases any cost issues.

For shatter I fold my wax into a flat cube with parchment paper. Then I roll the wax to a smaller circumference than the syringe and in it goes. Easy peasy

Edit
I'm pulling you down with me on this one @OF. This has been a floater in the back of my head for a while. Had it not been from your verification, I wouldn't have actually sealed the deal. I'm very thankful for it though. This has easily become my new prized toy for a while.

Last edited:

chimpybits

OF
No luck. "sorry, but PayPal USA does not allow for eCig transactions.."

I don't think I can purchase any ecig stuff via PayPal.

Unless there is another suggestion (Classifieds?), I'll just have to make a local purchase.

Which means it'll be a Pico or V2 Mini or whatever it's called. The Evic Basic isn't available. I have no idea which I'll choose...

chimpybits,

Bad Ocelot

Those are both solid mods. The V2 has the advantage of being able to use myevic software if you're interested in that.

If shipping time isn't an issue you should be able to use paypal to order from Fast Tech, but it ships on the slow boat from China, literally.

chimpybits

Those are both solid mods. The V2 has the advantage of being able to use myevic software if you're interested in that.

If shipping time isn't an issue you should be able to use paypal to order from Fast Tech, but it ships on the slow boat from China, literally.
So shipping is months?

chimpybits,

OF

No luck. "sorry, but PayPal USA does not allow for eCig transactions.."

What did they say about using your Canadian ID instead? You originally asked two questions, with this being the key and payment method allowing Paypal as a bonus?

Bummer about PayPal forcing their values on otherwise legal commerce, but it's an old story. Visa doesn't seem to have this issue.

So shipping is months?

Not really months, I'd say 3 weeks on average? Sometimes four. Avoid Singapore, they seem to be rejecting lots of stuff with Li-ion batteries. They give you a tracking number to watch, but that only makes it take longer......

OF

chimpybits

What did they say about using your Canadian ID instead? You originally asked two questions, with this being the key and payment method allowing Paypal as a bonus?

Bummer about PayPal forcing their values on otherwise legal commerce, but it's an old story. Visa doesn't seem to have this issue.

Not really months, I'd say 3 weeks on average? Sometimes four. Avoid Singapore, they seem to be rejecting lots of stuff with Li-ion batteries. They give you a tracking number to watch, but that only makes it take longer......

OF
Yes I think they can workaround the US ID business. However I don't have a cc so paypal is necessary.

Less than a month shipping is ok. I'll try Fast Tech tonight.

Top Bottom