Divine Tribe atty's

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Sufficient? To run the dry herb? At a minimum, yes, its a 510 mod that can do 30w, so you can fire it up and make vape with it. Its also a very poor choice, IMO, for a mod purchase if youre considering that one right now. That is a 2013-era non-temp-control mod, and most everyone prefers to run their donuts and herb carts on TC mode for better clouds, flavor, and to avoid combusting. The price for that mod at that site is a rip off, too. You can buy two modern, 2016/2017 tc mods from better stores at that price.

So if you already have that istick 30w in your possession, you can use that, you dont absolutely need to go buy a new TC mod to use the dc 2nd gen cart, but it would be highly recommended. :|

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Sure, glad to help. :) Personally, I wouldnt even spend 5 bucks on that mod, new or used, since it lacks temp control. This e-cig / vape gear moves really fast.

Considering you can get better temp control mods for about 30 bucks or so, add $8-10 if you need to add an 18650 battery, i see little reason to cut corners and hamper performance with older gear just to save a few bucks.

There are many good mods out there that i havent used, but the joyetech evic vtc / vtwo, evic basic, cuboid mini, eleaf pico, and many mods from those 2 brands are good choices for low-cost high performing mods.

OF

Would this box mod be sufficient to run the dry herb atomizer?
https://vapevine.ca/buy/eleaf-istick-30w-canada-kit/

As VD said, it'll get it hot enough to make vapor (you'll need something a bit over 20 Watts), but it's not going to have the automatic temperature control we all enjoy, dare I say 'crave'?

Meaning you'll probably want something like 24 Watts and be ready to back off the button when it gets hot and switch to 'pulsing' it to hold temperature. You can learn, but it takes constant attention to work well. This is also harder since it's going to take 20 seconds or so to start making vapor.

For $30 or so you may want to consider many of the mods we discuss here (Mini, Pico, Nano, Basic, etc), they really are a big step up for about what a Gen 2 cart costs?

Anyway, welcome to the Forum and all the fun. Good people around as you see, trying to push the technology along in fits and jerks.

BTW the Principal, Matt, is around. First rate fellow with lots of irons in the fire, but he genuinely appreciates and supports us........and likewise.

OF

CheeseSandwich

I actually reached out to Matt earlier today and he basically had about the same to say. He responded to an email in a shockingly timely manner too. Thanks for the input guys. Going to look for a good price on a Pico I think here in Canada. :tup:

OF

Going to look for a good price on a Pico I think here in Canada. :tup:

Cool. Shouldn't be too hard to find. The Power Nano is a smaller version of the same beast with an internal battery, very compact, worth considering.

However (isn't there always one?), going with eVic mods rather than Eleaf ones lets you load some very neat custom software ("myEvic"). Their displays have more information (bigger with more lines and graphics) to start with but this gives you all sorts of more stuff to play with. For free. There the Mini is like the Pico (single 18650) and the Basic is like the Power Nano (internal battery about 1/2 the size (still plenty for several sessions)). You can also get the two 18650 version with Cuboid or a 'Mini Dual' that comes with two backs as a convertible from one to two 18650s. More useful to the e-cig guys I think.

I'm a big fan of Pico, own several, but use the Basics more I think (although they have sharp corners so the Power Nano 'rides in your pocket better').

Lots of good stuff, pull up a chair and read a bit?

Here's the Pico and Mini next to a very similar mod to the one you first asked about (it has TC, but doesn't work all that well):
Me7SB43.jpg

And here's Pico and Nano with Eleaf Aster (another contender, very 'hand friendly' IMO but doesn't work well in your pocket.
WUXoDZR.jpg

Welcome to a whole new world.

OF

CheeseSandwich

Ya, definitely going to so some reading before I settle on anything. Kinda kicking myself a bit as I had seen a wood grain power nano just like your's for sale locally recently but missed out on it.:doh: It was before I had done any reading into the subject at all. I admit I thought it looked too small to me, looks can be deceiving.

OF

Holy crap @OF, how many mods do you own now?! :rofl:

Enough. Probably. Maybe. You never know, you know. Sometimes I go on a bender and charge them all up (to about 85%) and clean the ones that need it. Otherwise, they're loaded and ready to go. When the time comes I have lots of choices.

I've got a few of my favorites, and one each of several more that didn't work out all that well.

And don't even get me started on 18650s, I've got maybe a dozen of different types/brands there from the ThermoVape Cera adventures alone.

It's a sickness, but I can handle it......really I can.

OF

OF

Gentle Friends,

I think I've just lucked out and stumbled onto a 'breakthrough' of sort in the quest for the idea syringe. I bought some standard 'one use' 1cc units used for Insulin and TB and similar vaccines but these are Dynarex brand, a common enough brand in Medical supplies, I use their tongue depressors to scoop out the cats food twice a day. Notice, please, two very useful differences:
zSPmRgX.jpg

You can't see all that well but the bore of the 'exhaust end' is much bigger than the other two brands I've been using. They measure .058 inches dia, these are a whopping .093. It might not sound like much, but in area that's .0105 square inches against .0272.....nearly three times the size? 1/3 the resistance? I like that.

But the part I like more is the piston. Check it out. Not only is it 3 seals not 'just two', but check out the nose that fills up that big bore on the output.....'no waste'...... This is cool. Too bad I loaded up two of the now obsolete ones a couple days back. I gotta vape up a bunch of little balls of wax so I can try these guys out I guess. The sacrifices I make for the cause....not that I want to burden my friends with it, I mean somebody's got to do it, right?

I hope I'll be forgiven for the (hopefully minor) sin of consecutive posts but I think this is entirely different (it might even be useful) and is part of an entirely different discussion going on......dispensing the goods by syringe.

Excuse me please, I've got to get to it.

Regards to all and best wishes for a splendid weekend. Spring is here!!!

OF

Steven

Very little is wasted. Depending on the syringe, some have silicon that are pointy so it pushes everything out of the syringe.

This is what I meant when I said pointy silicon tip. Not even sure if it's silicon but yea. Thanx for your shared research. I'm glad to know that there are other syringes with larger openings. I shouldve just gone with the dispensible syringes. I think I'm spending more on glass ones that may not even work. Still waiting for my glass ones to come in. I have a feeling the opening is too small as well. I'll report final details once they arrive

Last edited:

OF

Not even sure if it's silicon but yea.

I shouldve just gone with the dispensible syringes. I think I'm spending more on glass ones that may not even work. Still waiting for my glass ones to come in. I have a feeling the opening is too small as well. I'll report final details once they arrive

FWIW I think it's Neoprene, something like a shoe heel or and o-ring. Hard stuff, so it can do a good job 'wiping' the walls, I think Si rubbers would be too soft?

This is a cheap, mass produced thing. O-ring material will work, no need to spend more?

I hear you, I think I paid more for the four glass ones than the 100 I just bought for under $15. At that price (fifteen cents each) I'm fine with discarding them after use and filling another new one.

My little tin is still half full, I need to make more room.......

Please keep us posted on your e

OF

Steven

All this syringe talk just reminded me of something I considered when I first got the dt v1. This was when I first got into waxes and was still getting my feet wet with different waxes. Something I wrote off for many reasons. https://www.vapetech.ca/collections/patron-dispenser/dispenser
APOLLO_dabber_2ml_NXY_nozzle_Patron_dispenser_7cf9ff52-13e7-4d5f-8d2b-78129eb3e349_large.png

This is an engineered syringe meant for dabbing. It's quite elegant. It uses a screw plunger and every twist dispenses 0.01 ml. The outer housing is stainless steel and the actual cartridge that holds the wax is food grade plastic. The only reason why I haven't flossed this thing is because I don't own it.

This thing is a bit pricey. Back when I found it, it was only available to ship out of Europe, where it's made, for $108 plus whopping shipping costs. The link I provided is the cheapest I have found it. Depending on model, can be from $55-75 without shipping. Besides the price, I think it will be a bit cumbersome for more solid waxes. However, for another whopping $89 you can pair the patron dispenser with a heater used to make any wax usable. So without the heater, I would have to remove the plastic cartridge, warm it up in my hands and then put it back into the metal housing.... No thanx, that can get old immediately. I've been waiting for the price to drop, but I don't see that happening. I mean the applicator and heater combo would cost more than my entire vaping set up. I don't mind taking a gamble on the price of a few syringes, but this thing is too pricey for that risk. For the ballers or loose wax users, enjoy.

Last edited:

OF

So without the heater, I would have to remove the plastic cartridge, warm it up in my hands and then put it back into the metal housing.... No thanx, that can get old immediately.

Interesting device.

I don't think you'd have to buy their heater (or manually warm the cartridge in your hands) since I understand they have just released the suppository carry package? There it's not only carried very privately, but it's naturally heated to 98.6F, ready for instant use.

Casual usage (or even access) in crowded social circumstances could be awkward I guess........

OF

Steven

No, sorry, lame joke? Think about where suppositories go........ Not likely a popular product outside some 'special interest groups'?

Sorry for the confusion, some late night fun no doubt.

OF
No confusion. Was making a poor attempt to add to your joke. I know what a suppository is haha. Seems like screwing us with our pockets weren't enough. They had to physically do it with their "suppository"

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
This is what I meant when I said pointy silicon tip. Not even sure if it's silicon but yea. Thanx for your shared research. I'm glad to know that there are other syringes with larger openings. I shouldve just gone with the dispensible syringes. I think I'm spending more on glass ones that may not even work. Still waiting for my glass ones to come in. I have a feeling the opening is too small as well. I'll report final details once they arrive

I've been having this conversation with my friend from the dispensary... have been seeing folks tooling up for Prop64 compliance, and some of the packaging is irritating. The nice seal, with a broad end to not waste anything... yes, please! Have seen and used some small silicone nipples shipping with smaller diameter syringes, they seem to work ok (just don't push too fast or it's a bloody mess!). I played with one that was short stubby plastic, and (I forget who was working the extrusion approach to pre-make loads) the size of the output hole made you use more pressure, which built up in the internals and kept the stupid thing leaking :(
I still want to be able to load a tank cleanly and easily from whatever syringe substitute (in name?) they come up with, hell, I still paint my donuts with the short metal syringe tip (also used that silicone nipple, worked nice).

Been down with a possible cracked rib... 1st time back on in awhile, still movin' slow.

OF

All this syringe talk just reminded me of something I considered when I first got the dt v1. This was when I first got into waxes and was still getting my feet wet with different waxes. Something I wrote off for many reasons. https://www.vapetech.ca/collections/patron-dispenser/dispenser
APOLLO_dabber_2ml_NXY_nozzle_Patron_dispenser_7cf9ff52-13e7-4d5f-8d2b-78129eb3e349_large.png

This thing is a bit pricey. Back when I found it, it was only available to ship out of Europe, where it's made, for $108 plus whopping shipping costs. The link I provided is the cheapest I have found it. Depending on model, can be from $55-75 without shipping.

OK, so you planted the seed and I had to check this out. So, under the excuse of a 4/20 gift to the best guy I know, I ordered one.......if this doesn't work out, I'm coming after you.......maybe.

I discovered what is shown in the photo above is a fancy cover (SS I think) over the actual syringe and plunger. And it has a fancy Titanium nose (over the plastic.....) on the business end. Take that part off and you can do the same thing in plastic (without the cover) for five bucks. The inserts (with caps and plungers) are like $15 for ten. The killer is, as you say, $20 shipping. But it's Canadian money, currently $1.28 to the US Dollar. So on my order of the fancy one, a couple of plastic versions and ten spare inserts and caps I 'broke even'. That is the $100 Canadian products plus $20 shipping came out about $100 USD.

It would have been free shipping in Canada (and where in Canada is more than 100 miles from the US?), but then I'd have been using those more expensive dollars......

The 'clincher' for me was the following video.....fun in it's own way. The fellow 'invented' it for his sick mother you know:

OF

Steven

OK, so you planted the seed and I had to check this out. So, under the excuse of a 4/20 gift to the best guy I know, I ordered one.......if this doesn't work out, I'm coming after you.......maybe.

I discovered what is shown in the photo above is a fancy cover (SS I think) over the actual syringe and plunger. And it has a fancy Titanium nose (over the plastic.....) on the business end. Take that part off and you can do the same thing in plastic (without the cover) for five bucks. The inserts (with caps and plungers) are like $15 for ten. The killer is, as you say, $20 shipping. But it's Canadian money, currently $1.28 to the US Dollar. So on my order of the fancy one, a couple of plastic versions and ten spare inserts and caps I 'broke even'. That is the $100 Canadian products plus $20 shipping came out about $100 USD.

It would have been free shipping in Canada (and where in Canada is more than 100 miles from the US?), but then I'd have been using those more expensive dollars......

The 'clincher' for me was the following video.....fun in it's own way. The fellow 'invented' it for his sick mother you know:

OF
Oh no did you already finalized the order. There's a code at top of page saying orders over $100 is free shipping. Might as well spend that $20 on extra plastic inner syringes for the ss piece instead of shipping. I was looking at the plastic ones as well but don't know how they will hold up after usage. Very interested in what you have to say about that

In a way I'm glad you pulled the trigger. Look forward to your experiences with it. It looks so convenient I may just get one if it really works. I saw the video of the creator mentioning he is making it for his sick mother but it also seems like every new company or inventor wants to attach a personal story to their endeavors. Not saying its bad or he is or isn't lying but it does seem some will attach a personal story to push their products so him saying he made for his sick mother doesn't affect me much.

Last edited:

OF

There's a code at top of page saying orders over $100 is free shipping. I was looking at the plastic ones as well but don't know how they will hold up after usage. Very interested in what you have to say about that

Yep, that's what it says all right. In fact I noticed it early on and tried buying a couple of the $5 kits to try.....only to find the $10 order would cost $20 more to ship.......

So I researched a bit more, and carefully put together an order for something like $105 as you suggest. Used the code and got "Your shipping information does not meet the requirements for the LOVEFREE discount code".

It then put 'international shipping' (the only option offered) back in every time I 'unclicked' it. This is what's behind the 'everything in Canada is really on the border with the US' crack. If you live in British Columbia you're sure a lot closer to the US than (most) other Cannuks? Even Prince George BC, 500 miles North of the border, 300 miles inland on the Fraiser River (historic logging area) has only one real road out of town.....due South into Washington state. I don't really consider it international but they make $20 by claiming it is.

I sent them an email to confirm that, if it's a genuine error I'll angle for a refund or maybe free shipping on a follow up order for more bits? I intentionally used a CC through Pay Pal as a backup. Meanwhile, the game is on.

I get the 'I did it for Mom' bit, in fact I met just such a guy and believe him. One of the Principals at ThermoVape, a doctor himself in fact. It does seem all the rage, and I guess it beats 'I'm in this marginal industry for the filthy lucre'? You meet Pro Ball players who insist it's not the millions of dollars but love of the sport. And then there's the 'I'm not suing for a ludicrous amount of money because I'm greedy (of course), I just don't want to have this terrible thing happen to anyone else. Oh, BTW, my lawyers in it on principal too'.

Part of our fun world.

Anyway, I won't be shy about how this works out.......'somebody's got to check it out'?

Regards and best Easter wishes to one and all.

OF

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Some months ago, when I ordered my V3, I ordered a V2.5 I never used until now....

I try to use it with the small mod I got with the Dabstorm 2.0 but some things are confusing about the TC mode, first they call it "Joules mode", you can choose between 316SS, Nichrome and Titanium, I choosed Nichrome, after they ask you to choose the temp, I set it at 360 and after that the only thing I can set is the Joules (in my case it was initially on 8 and I lowered it at 7)... I'm sorry but can I get some explanations? it looks like nobody here never mentionned this famous Joule mode" if I remenber well...

Joule are they similar to Watt in some way, more joule equal faster to hit the target....?

It's a shame you need to re-set everything to change the temperature.

OF

Joule are they similar to Watt in some way, more joule equal faster to hit the target....?

Same idea, different systems. A one Joule (really a rate of sorts) delivers one Watt (a total amount of power) in one second. 2 will do it in half a second, 10 in a fifth and so on. Think of it as 'gallons and gallons per minute'? The missing link is time.

A Joule is a force of one Newton (don't even go there.....) working over one meter (work has to be force times distance). SI units. HP, OTOH, is 'lifting' a pound 550 feet (or 550 one foot...) in a second. That's what Newton calculated that average English work horse did all day long. More fun than 'force needed to accelerate one kilogram one meter per second squared' if you asked me. No horseys in that one at all.

Folks in Europe think mostly in Joules (metric on the brain, you know.....), here we're big on Watts and Horsepower (which is just 746 Watts, same sort of idea?).

So where they might say 'Joules mode, set at 5' we'd say 'VW (Variable Watts) set at 5'?

I really like the 2.5 but be careful to keep the Watts or Joules under about 12, you can heat these guys up too fast.

OF

Last edited:

Steven

4rKGANr.jpg

So those unique looking glass 1cc syringes came in. I guess I'll start with the good. This unit uses a pretty nifty metal plunger with and indent on the tip to fit a rubber o ring. I have ran 1/2 gram through this already and this is a newly reloaded piece in the picture. The 1cc glass syringe transfers heat much better so just holding the syringe in my hands for 10 seconds is enough to loosen the wax for ease of dispensing. This unit is working beautifully in 75 degree weather. Pretty easy to push out a ball to load. After the 1/2 gram, very close to nothing is wasted.

Here's the bad. I got these for its end shape. Most, almost all, glass syringes I saw on the net has a pointed tip where a pin sized hole is elongated, creating a horrible bottleneck, which results in difficulty pushing the wax out. If you wanna go syringe, I'd go with what @OF went with. Apparently, the seller broke the tips off these, took sly pictures, advertised as new, and I bit. In addition, I brought this to the driving range last weekend and felt pretty self conscious whipping this bad boy out to load the vape. It works beautifully in the car, but I always take extra effort to leave it out of site. The broken tips really bothers me, even though they actually work better without the elongated tip. These will work for now, but my fingers are crossed for an incoming "solution". Those interested can find it here http://www.patrondispenser.com/shop. I previously posted a site that I thought was the cheapest this can be found but I was wrong. This is the site to go to. It goes for like $60 and ships for $12. Mines will be coming in in a few days so I'll share more details about it later.

Top Bottom