Divine Tribe atty's

OF

Just looking for something discreet and fast, keep in mind I have a very low tolerance so one or two quick tokes and I'm golden

The Gen 2 cart and a small mod to drive it should fit that bill nicely. Say a Evic Basic or iStick Power Nano with the settings commonly discussed here (m=245, P=24 Watts, T=400F).

Also worth considering IMO are the CFC and Summit (I like the original over the new 'improved' version, but either will do well). They are about the same size, also have useful TC, and give vapor very quickly. Summit is, I think, optimized for this sort of use, it uses vibration to notify you when it's hot (keep it in your pocket.....) and powers down in like 90 seconds to save battery.

Very hard to go wrong with the Gen 2 and a suitable mod.

OF

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Dang, My last V2.7 lasted over 6 months, this one lasted not even 3 weeks. Very unusual for my DT atty's for sure. I wasn't even cleaning it when it started the "No Atomizer" deal. I was hitting it at 12.5w on my eleaf since my Joytech got stolen.

So I moved back to the only DT I have left, the 3.0 with huge donut. I definitely need to pick up some med. donuts for this one and perhaps a replacement 2.7 base.
What are you guys hitting the large donut on the V3 at right now? I am using a 40w eleaf TC mod but the TC mode works at 40w so I use wattage mode on it currently unlike my Joytech mini.

So how many watts on the large 3.0?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I hit the big donut @ 30 watts 320-420F in TC, you might try like 20 in watts mode

Isn't "No Atomizer" a mod problem though? For me the atomizer is only messed up if the resistance changes. My buddies v3 was doing the no atomizer thing and we determined it was the mods 510 connection.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
For what it's worth, I've gotten the "no atomizer" issue on my Pico and vtwo mini. I originally thought it was due to the positive connector on the atomizer not extending far enough and extended it a bit more. This seemed to work for a short time, but when it happened again, further investigation indicated that the spring loaded pin on the mod was bottoming out and screwing the atomizer side screw in deeper fixed the problem. It's now been a 3 or 4 weeks since I've seen that message and the resistance reading has been rock solid even without locking it on the mod.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
2qa5jjm.jpg

Winner = Evic Basic! Love throwing it in my pocket when I walk the dog. It's so convenient to use anywhere. I still need to try this through water!

clearlight

What are you guys hitting the large donut on the V3 at right now? I am using a 40w eleaf TC mod but the TC mode works at 40w so I use wattage mode on it currently unlike my Joytech mini.

So how many watts on the large 3.0?

if all i had was a large donut and an istick 40w, i would just hit it in tc. it's totally safe for the donut and in all likelihood would get you better battery life than running at a set wattage.

when the v3 first came out i tried on my istick 40w a few times and it was totally fine, within acceptable limits. i've gone back to it occasionally since then when in a pinch. and wouldn't even consider running it in watts. just start low and titrate up to the temp that tastes right to you.

OF

Winner = Evic Basic! Love throwing it in my pocket when I walk the dog. It's so convenient to use anywhere. I still need to try this through water!

I love it.....and the Basic for the same reasons. I notice yours has taken a lot of hard knocks trying to keep up with you. As a suggestion, check out the other version of the Basic, the 60 Watt version. Same basic cost, same package, runs the myevic software as well, but it comes with a seriously hard wrinkle paint finish rather than the flat one on the 40 Watt that gets damaged easily.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/evic-basic-60w-with-cubis-pro-mini/?age-verified=75cf9799cc

FWIW I kind of like the Power Nano as well with the V3, not so the Gen 2. I think it rides a bit better in the pocket (no sharp corners) and has plenty of information on the factory software for concentrates, IMO not so the Gen 2. Strange part is, no black? The white is nice (it's what I use with the white 2.5 and V3 carts, as is the wood grain, but no black???

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
As a suggestion, check out the other version of the Basic, ...comes with a seriously hard wrinkle paint finish

My original Basic, in flat black, looks like it's been through a war (but still works great, and the battery still has most of its original capacity). My Red wrinkle Basic still looks brand new. Both are identical once you update the firmware on the old ones.

Good advice OF! :tup:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I love it.....and the Basic for the same reasons. I notice yours has taken a lot of hard knocks trying to keep up with you. As a suggestion, check out the other version of the Basic, the 60 Watt version. Same basic cost, same package, runs the myevic software as well, but it comes with a seriously hard wrinkle paint finish rather than the flat one on the 40 Watt that gets damaged easily.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/evic-basic-60w-with-cubis-pro-mini/?age-verified=75cf9799cc

FWIW I kind of like the Power Nano as well with the V3, not so the Gen 2. I think it rides a bit better in the pocket (no sharp corners) and has plenty of information on the factory software for concentrates, IMO not so the Gen 2. Strange part is, no black? The white is nice (it's what I use with the white 2.5 and V3 carts, as is the wood grain, but no black???

OF

Ha, yeah the finish is coming off quickly on the edges. The body looks brand new, just the top and bottom edges are losing its finish. I actually still have the screen cover on, so the display should look brand new. I might have to check out the wrinkle finish if this one bites the dust. I'd definitely need another Basic. I love that I can enjoy tasty concentrates on my balcony and not get treated like a criminal with a bunch of paraphernalia. I hit this thing anywhere, the all black looks so much like an ecig, I love it. It's my daily driver right now. I want an e nail but I really don't want all the gear. I just want a SiC dish, or ceramic crucible for my v3 :D

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
We all love the TC mods that we use with our donuts, and the crowd over here can be almost an echo chamber...evics, picos all day! (I like that mod too!)

For good reason, they are some great, low-cost mods. I still let myself get lots of vape spam from some of my favorite online vendors so I can stay up on the newest and most popular mods from other brands. I wonder why some apparently popular brands like SMOK don't get any mention on the DT thread? They seem like nifty, competitive mods that I would assume has good TC perfermance? And a few DNA people here and there, tesla, etc. Is anyone else using other brands of mods that we aren't talking about all the time with DT donuts or similar attys?

Eleaf and JT are coming out with new stuff every few weeks...check out the new facelift for the picos!

pico psychedelic resin version
! :o

iStick-Pico-RESIN-battery_01.jpg

My old plain-black and pink picos only feel more inadequate now :cry: :shrug:(if box mods can emote)

Also, I'm happy that I found out about the arcticfox firmware, since myevic has left the pico and other eleaf mods out.

I finally have top-quality, stable, non-spikey temp control on my picos, and it's not much more difficult to set up than my evic. The screen is still a limitation for info addicts, but at least you can choose what it displays now :luv:

jCAeZcK.jpg

My steel pico with a V3 and pink pico with a donut cubis tank...it looks like I'm making them hump haha :lol: :brow:

zgzHtQY.jpg

On the left-top I have live-resistance; as long as the screen is on, that figure is constantly displaying the real-time coil resistance, when you're pressing the button or not!

Below that on the left is "last watts" which shows the last wattage put out before you let go of the button on the last puff. So although I have my steel pico's V3 set @ 28w, it only put out 11.1w at the end of the last puff. (last watts also refreshes in real time during a puff) You can set any of the 3 areas of the screen to display other things, if you wish.

This is much better than any of the stock eleaf firmwares, not just in display options, but performance as well. I could make a long post about the arcticfox firmware but I'll save that for later. ;)

Last edited:

OF

Gentle Friends,

I've a concentrate loading suggestion for your weekend consideration. A while back one of our clever fellows posted his technique for rolling shatter into a snake and chopping off parts to make into balls. Great idea, IMO, but not that easy when I tried it. It took some heating to get it to roll out, but it was lots easier loading.

I modified his technique some and find I can make piles of little balls any size I want with very little effort. I started by loading half a gram or so of was into a 1cc 'Insulin syringe'. This version is a little bit stiff when cold, but if I put the syringe in my shirt pocket (under the outer shirt) it warms up about 20F and makes a nice clean ribbon on one of those 'no stick pads' that's easy to cut into pieces with a toothpick and rolled into round balls with a fingertip against the pad.

njLOnS7.jpg

I made an assortment of sized (the big ones are for freshly cleaned carts, the smaller ones for 'top up loads'. Ideal for feeding a V2.5/2.7. A similar syringe filled to the same level made all the balls in the photo, the 'mint tin' lined with a cut piece of the pad also has four other strains I chop bits off to load the V3 with using the tool diagonal in the lid held by magnets. Under it is the pointed version for loading balls (and dripping drops off a heated tool when loading that way (heating with a lighter), although a wood toothpick works better for the balls I'm thinking.

I suspect you can fiddle the temperature to adjust the viscosity of your goods (put it in the refrigerator if it's too thin or sticky).

Near as I can tell the balls I made run 20 to 40 to the gram, depending on size.

So there you go. Now you have to excuse me, I've got some testing to do you know.

Regards and best weekend wishes to all.

OF

Steven

@OF has a great set up. Everything is set, ready to go. I normally pick up pretty stable shatter, like the one in the syringe OF has. I actually find it very easy to roll these into snakes just from the wax paper the wax comes in. I simply put the shatter in the wax paper between my hands for 30 seconds or so to warm it up and a rolled wax snake is done within a minute. I basically fold the shatter in half the long way once and then once another time the long way. Sometimes another warm up between the hands is needed here. Then, like a joint rolling machine, I use the wax paper to roll the wax into a snake. To me, it's a breeze. Just thought I'd elaborate on my method for those who don't have syringes or are on the go.

The syringe method @OF uses is nice cuz you can actually dispense a shatter ball at will basically. Just have to maybe warm up the syringe a bit. Funny though, I don't have a syringe but if I were to load one up, I'd probably use my method to roll a long, thin snake to feed into the syringe.

For hydratube owners: if you are not storing your hydratube in the fridge, you are missing out. Well not everyone, some actually use luke warm water in water pipes. However, I think most like their hits cool and a cold, fridge stored hydratube offers the best cooled hit. Happy vaping

OF

Funny though, I don't have a syringe but if I were to load one up, I'd probably use my method to roll a long, thin snake to feed into the syringe.

For hydratube owners: if you are not storing your hydratube in the fridge, you are missing out.

Yep, I loaded the first that way in fact. Works fine, the snake doesn't have to fit well as the plunger will press it out against the walls automatically as the trapped air vents out. The next time I tried balls, that didn't work as well, I ended up with a couple of air bubbles trapped, not a big deal but it makes pressing the plunger down to dispense 'springy' (harder to control, not as solid). Finally I tried just putting lumps in being careful to not completely block the tube (and trap an air bubble) like the balls did when I started to compress the stack. A loose pack of chunks poked in with a bamboo skewer was fast, easy and effective. I'm happy with loading this way (chunks) with this wax, the next batch might be different?

The cold water in the HT is a great tip, for sure guys should try it. I do it from time to time, in fact, having two HTs (one PNWT and one F-Bomb) I sometimes keep one in the fridge while using the other. Good way to get into trouble........

However, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE FREEZER. Sorry to shout, but it's important the guys way back in the cheap seats pay attention to this one. Space it out or otherwise leave it too long and the water freezes and breaks your glass. Don't ask how I know this.......

OF

Steven

[QUOTE="

However, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE FREEZER. Sorry to shout, but it's important the guys way back in the cheap seats pay attention to this one. Space it out or otherwise leave it too long and the water freezes and breaks your glass. Don't ask how I know this.......

OF[/QUOTE]

That is a very good distinction to make clear. However, to be more clear, it's ok to put Hydratubes in the fridge whether the tube has water or not, but with water is recommended. Hydratubes should only be stored in the freezer WITHOUT WATER in it. A hydratube should never be stored in the freezer with water unless you are 100% certain you will remember to pull it out in time. Basically not recommended. I actually must correct myself, because storing Hydratubes in the freezer without water is actually my best experiences with chilled vapes. I actually mainly store my tube with water in the fridge and not the freezer because I use a small fridge in my room to store my goodies and the freezers in those units are garbage and mines is too small. I only do the freezer thing from time to time. Like a nicely chilled glass in the freezer you pour a beer or shot into

I need to get a syringe tho. Do you reuse the syringes and just clean them in between strains? I've always like the co2 wax I used to get in syringes long ago. The application using the syringe was so handy, especially in the summer time. I didn't use the snake method until a bit later and when I did, I never picked up any syringes anymore. Found a reliable connect for shatter.

I just ordered some syringes off amazon. Looks like I will have a new wax container for out and about use. I'll probably stick with the snake and chop method at home to save on labor of loading syringes and just load the syringes with sativa strains to grab on the go. Thanx @OF you got my mind bubbling, I'll probably just gonna load the syringes for the week for day usage in the fridge. Sorry ramble ramble ramble

Last edited:

OF

Do you reuse the syringes and just clean them in between strains?

Thanx @OF you got my mind bubbling, I'll probably just gonna load the syringes for the week for day usage in the fridge.

I've been reloading a pair of the disposable kind with the same wax up to now. In the past i've done a fair bit of CO2 oils, too thin to make balls with, using several cc syringes. But the thicker wax needs a smaller bore (or stronger hands.....) to get the PSI up high enough to extrude a bead. 1cc seems best, easily holding half a gram. They seem to hold up OK, but eventually the stem pulls out of the head and once it does it comes out easier and easier making reloading impractical. Moreover, since they're 'single use' there's a lip molded into the top of the tube so the piston wants to 'hang up' right at the end when you'd rather it pops free. I just bought a couple of 'real' glass ones, I'll be trying them next. They might suit me better?

For travel, consider the cases made for Diabetic Patients like these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BI7WXO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are purpose built for just that syringe, safely holding a loaded one by trapping the head of the stem in the molded in slots.

As to the 'mind bubbling' thing, right on!!! IMO that's exactly why we come here to play. The idea is to exchange ideas and opinions on this topic of common interest, right?

That, and teasing @ataxian about breaking glass, of course.

OF

Steven

Just order a 2cc glass syringe online. My thoughts are that the plunger would not be sticking out as much as compared to the 1cc syringe. Plus I go through a half gram too fast so the 2cc will just be less labor loading. Also the ease of loading a wider diameter syringes sounds nice too. @OF I'm suprised you didn't get any comments about touching your wax. Last time I said something like this, people were reaching down my throat.

OF

Just order a 2cc glass syringe online.

@OF I'm suprised you didn't get any comments about touching your wax. Last time I said something like this, people were reaching down my throat.

That will work, of course, but the bigger piston (more square inches) means you have to push that much harder to get enough PSI to move the wax I'm currently using. CO2 oils I've used in the past did just fine with the 3cc syringes I used with them (still have a part of a big box of those suckers, they're cheap 100 at a time).

As to why folks don't get excited warning me off, I guess they just like you more than me?

Good luck with it. Don't repeat my experiment/blunder. I was enjoying the loss of friction (a big plus I was trying for and put my finger over the hole and pulled the plunger back and got gratifying pull back so I let go of the plunger and it shot through the bottom of the tube...... You can only do this once with each syringe it seems, I suggest you don't repeat my mistake? I don't intend to do it again. Glad I bought two......then again I've been watching myself in action for some time........

OF

Steven

@OF thanx for the tips and warnings with the syringe. I got some gorilla hands so hopefully the 2 cc syringe won't be too hard to use. Especially because I'm mainly using it for daily use when I'm out and about. I'm in the Westcoast and the spring sun is enough to melt down my stable shatter in my silicon containers these past few days. I store the container in my car. The California sun is mainly why I opted for the syringe. I need a better container/dispensing solution for warmer days. I don't really want to prep a cooler everyday. I'm having high hopes for this new method and can't hope to put it to the test.

Top Bottom