• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Divine Castle Oil Cartridge- High Capacity Wax Tank & Herb Vaporizer Atty for Box Mods

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
OK Final thoughts on 'SQUIDGY HASH TEST RUN #1'.

I'd start at around 240'c (464'f) as I think the hash requires a higher heat than flower does. Still not sure if my Knight v2 was going above 250'c or not. Tha needs more testing.

The flavour is ok but not amazing although I'm using cheapo squidgy hash so it's never going to be all that amazing.

The effects are definitely noticeable, that small load I put in lasted me 90% of the evening.

I have no idea how I'm going to get the AVB'd hash unwelded from Dan's SS balls. Probably either an ISO soak or just torch it off. Open for suggestions here.

The atty is quite power hungry, mostly because you have to do a pre-heat and then long slow draws. I had under 1/4 of a battery left. Having said that, I was using a single 18650 so maybe a day's worth of vaping with 2x 18650's but YMMV.

The atomizer also gets really hot but the heatsink Dan has added seems to do a good job of dispersing the heat. Even in my side-by-side mod I never really noticed the mod getting anything more than warm. I even took the atomizer out to check.

At home my VapCap and induction heater still rules for both herb and hash as they are more convenient to use and produce more significant clouds. Out and about my GrassHopper (I got mine for $135 on pre-order but they are now $225) is amazing with flower and not bad at all with hash. However the GH's are over 4x the price of this and the batteries would need to be swapped more frequently.

I really need to get some rosin sorted out so I can see what this atomizer is really all about.

All in all I'm happy with the purchase, glad it fits my Knight V2.

Thanks @supershredderdan for the effort involved in producing this first run. :tup:

thanks for the feedback! sounds like a dual mod and some TCR tweaks are what you need to get good performance, I and a few other redditors were able to get thick and full hits off small amounts of shatter, not sure if that could be the hash but the flavor sounds like a tcr issue.

with a dual battery you can have a higher max voltage ( 40 watts needs around 6 volts) which helps keep up with faster draws past 450 or so. Really helps with the clouds

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
thanks for the feedback! sounds like a dual mod and some TCR tweaks are what you need to get good performance, I and a few other redditors were able to get thick and full hits off small amounts of shatter, not sure if that could be the hash but the flavor sounds like a tcr issue.

with a dual battery you can have a higher max voltage ( 40 watts needs around 6 volts) which helps keep up with faster draws past 450 or so. Really helps with the clouds

Cool, I've got an Alien 220 so I'll give it a go on there sometime next week. Only issue I could see is the TC on Alien mods is a little lacking but that won't stop me from trying :D

GreenHopper,
Reactions: Hogni

supershredderdan

Manufacturer
Cool, I've got an Alien 220 so I'll give it a go on there sometime next week. Only issue I could see is the TC on Alien mods is a little lacking but that won't stop me from trying :D

tcr with smok is less than optimal but ive had luck in default Ni if i dont get kicked out to wattage. the extra horsepower really helps, if nothing else gets a rig hit try a 50 watt hit with 10-15 sec preheat on the alien, whatever makes 50 watts 6.5-7 volts

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@GreenHopper, Thanks a lot for this interesting report! Report on a painful self experiment in the name of science - appreciate your sacrifice :tup:

@supershredderdan, Thanks for infos! But still waiting for recommended temp/watt settings for which purposes I've asked for some posts ago. Think any experiences could be worthfully as an orientation for new customers at least and could help to prevent disappointments while first experiments.

BTW what's about GreenHopper's open question about how to get the AVB'd hash unwelded from your SS balls?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
tcr with smok is less than optimal but ive had luck in default Ni if i dont get kicked out to wattage. the extra horsepower really helps, if nothing else gets a rig hit try a 50 watt hit with 10-15 sec preheat on the alien, whatever makes 50 watts 6.5-7 volts

Thanks for the details, I'll report back next week.

@GreenHopper, Thanks a lot for this interesting report! Report on a painful self experiment in the name of science - appreciate your sacrifice :tup:

My pleasure bud, wish I had my good camera for better shots.

BTW what's about GreenHopper's open question about how to get the AVB'd hash unwelded from your SS balls?

I was considering just taking a torch to Dan's balls, heat em up until they glow red. That should take care of any remaining crud.......:lmao:

GreenHopper,

supershredderdan

Manufacturer

@supershredderdan, Thanks for infos! But still waiting for recommended temp/watt settings for which purposes I've asked for some posts ago. Think any experiences could be worthfully as an orientation for new customers at least and could help to prevent disappointments while first experiments.

settings vary from mod to mod but for wax id say high 400s to start all the way up to 600 to kill a load.

for cleaning "dan's balls" (why not lol) of the hash abv see if it all comes off in an iso soak, run the oven in wattage to get the black to burn off as well.

also here is the instructions that I included with each Castle Cartridge

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bdk1WBA2sUOqPDPbMnhkEOnRkYSBfoGbfaa1c66Otb0/edit?usp=sharing

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Hey shredding dan, nice work with the "DC" oil cartridge. Gotta respect the craftyness and ingenuity to fill a niche in the portable vape market :tup:

Got pulled into "Box mods 101" lesson for a minute, but we'll pull through :D

Thanks for the pics and the review...but i think this contraption is intended more for concentrates, not flowers :doh: Sorry for your being dry on the oil derricks, don't mean to rub it in :p (hope you can re-up soon)....

But this atty is actually based on a pretty good, low-cost, conduction flower vape, the "DC Gen 2 Dry herb vape" and Dan modded it for you, for high-capacity concentrate vaping. (I know, you know this:D) If you want to do flower, you might as well just take out the mesh pad (the bottom one at least) and fill it straight up with flower, you'll have more space. If you want to load only a small BB of concentrate at a time, there are better options, like the DTV3.

DSC07120.jpg

Since Dan is buying Divine Tribe's DC Gen2 attys to make these, he might as well also include the stock mouthpiece for default flower-only vaping (is he? are they? :huh:) It should just slip over the ceramic base like the castle RDA top piece, then you can be shipping customers a quick-swappable, 2-in-1 flower/oil atomizer. :hmm:

Dan might have a pile of DC Gen2 mouthpieces collecting on his desk for this omission? :D

Hey guru...nice to see you having an interest in some higher performing atomizers that are much more well-built than those little combusting unregulated pen-vape tanks that you are used to. :(

Regardless of which higher-level atomizer you go with, a TC box mod is a must. The vtwo mini is a fine choice, but at 20 dollars, I'd suspect you're about to buy a counterfeit. Any old seller on ebay is not necessarily selling authentic vapes. Buy from a reputable seller. I'd expect to pay at least $30 for that mod.

I must ask, are you planning on feeding thin, runny distillate on Dan's Divine castle atty? I think a concentrate that runny might be the type that could actually leak through on this atty....there are holes at the bottom of the heater that can leak through to the metal base. With shatter that is not grossly overloaded, this should not be an issue, but with nice big loads of runny distillate on a mesh pad and bottom airflow, I'd expect leakage. :(

Sorry if it looks like I'm side-busting on Dan here :p (not my intent) but if you're planning on filling with distillate, I'd recommend going with a solid top-airflow tank, like the vaporesso VECO. I stumbled across this a few months ago, and although I found the performance to be mediocre with medium-thick co2 oil, my boy Steven has been loving this tank with runnier distillate oil

veco_tank_1.jpg

veco_tank_4.jpg

The veco tank is super easy to use, has porous silica ceramic coils that can operate in temp control modes, ample adjustable top airflow, and the tank is leak-proof. There are some other good options as of late also...a bunch of people here seem to be happy with W9's new trinity tank, a smaller 1ml sized tank with a 0.5 ohm Ti wire / ceramic wick coil that can also run in TC modes, and supposedly doesn't leak through the bottom air holes, if you favor the more slim, vape-pen profile with a more restrictive airflow.

Mmewwiw.jpg

Image grab thanks to @OF

Then we also have the donkey-modded cubis donut tanks, but no one seems to see those or have any interest...(seems too complex and intimidating?) and there's a few other new RTAs I'm waiting to get to me from the slow boat to china, I'm hoping they can be even more potent and user-friendly at the same time, but that might be beyond your comfort level?:shrug:

But anyways, if you're going to feed shatter on Dan's new atty, I think you'll be a happy vaper, but you might want to look into new tanks for your runny distillates too :2c:

Wowser!!! So much to chew on & now to digest it all.
Thx for the heads up on Evic two mini price , ordered it for
$33 fastech , all from them good so far.
Yes I believe your right as to what I really need.
Shatter supply is flakey hear in vegas & the co2
rosen extracted distillates on my Xvape Vista works
well & stretches the oil to the max , no waste or cleaning
on atty , just a little reclaim if I overload.

I have no need for a portable weed vape, I love my
Volcano for starting day off , but after that too much
work & too weak for the rest of day.
So I get exactly what you are saying.
When I go on the road to say tennis court,
my little cCell 1g cart , refilled 3 times now
does a nice job with 92% distillate if I take
3-5 sec hits, so if what you are trying out is
exactly what I am looking for "a better tank"
for this new mod.
Bad for the cCell carts is that they seem to stick
with oil climbing up chimney every refill or so.
Please let me know which tank you think will best
both stretch the oils & get nice smooth longer hits?

My power supply died the night of vegas shooting
so I just got back up, sorry for the delay.

tennisguru1,
Top Bottom