• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Distilled Glass, a quality recyceler at a very reasonable price

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Lol, yup, I have GAS too...still have one from Trey that will be made down the line, a couple drop downs from Joda as well. I need me a Cloud, lol...it will happen! I use a really nice black box that came with my OPPO dvd/bluray player...it's cardboard but rally stiff and a really smooth hard surface, I'm willing to bet that it's at least in one of the pics I've posted about Mike's, Trey's, or some of my oil pics.

BoogerMan

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard from Mike lately? It seems like he has been off the grid since he finished @CrazyDiamond's double recycler.

I have an order for a double recycler and another single recycler and I haven't heard anything lately. Maybe he is on vacation?

Should I email him and ask if my single and double are still in the works? I don't want to bother the guy, but it has been almost 2 weeks since I last heard from him.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I thought I saw him do a rare instagram post of a different double recycler...somebody commented on that and said when are you doing a quad, mike replied with email him.
http://instagram.com/p/tRhXDmuDor/?modal=true
Also, remember I was telling you before how I heard nothing then all of a sudden, shipping info out of nowhere...he is definitely a man of few words that's for sure, but he makes some damn nice pieces.

BoogerMan

Thanks @CrazyDiamond.

I think I will send him an email and just make sure he didn't forget about me lol.

I want to give this man my money so I can get some awesome pieces!

I also just sold the single recycler I got made, so now I have plenty of funds for my new single and double recycler :D

BoogerMan

Haha yep it definitely is!

Waiting on the single and double recycler from Mike.

Waiting on the single and triple klein from Trey.

I also need to come up with a 14mm female piece and decide who I want to make it. Anyone got any ideas or pics of some awesome 14mm female glass?

So much GAS I'm stinking up the whole house! Lol :tup:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Holy crap bro....back away from the glass threads!. I'm kinda in a holding pattern...I think my "flagship" from Trey is in the works...I was told by PM that he bought the glass for it and that's the last I heard. I did tell him, on many occasions, that I have no time frame on it...I just want it to reflect the best that Trey, PM, Mrs PM, and I can come up with.

BoogerMan

Haha I will back away as soon as I get 2 18mm males, 2 18mm females, and 1 14mm female made. I need to finish my damn collection and then it is finally time to start treating my VAS :)

Can't wait to see your Flagship piece. If it turns out as awesome as I think it is I may have to get one made myself ;)

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I hope it does....wait, I know it will...I have confidence...and after seeing @Deadhead101's piece, man, the color work was awesome on it. I have no idea what it will look like other than it will have the appearance (shape wise) of a mobius 60t or 65t...the colors/swirls/marbles/whatever I'm leaving to PM, Mrs PM, and Trey.

BoogerMan

I love some nice heady worked pieces! Getting really excited to see it especially after seeing how awesome @Deadhead101's piece turned out :)

I just heard back form Mike. He asked if I got the single recycler so he must not have got my last email explaining what was going on with the single recycler I received lol.

I explained how I loved it but it didn't pair well with the restrictive airflow vapes I was using with it so I had to sell it and I sent him these new specs. I also apologized for being a picky ass since I know most glass blowers like just doing what style they like. I explained how I am trying to build "my" perfect glass collection so I hope he understands why I am being so picky lol. Hopefully I get some nice pics/vids in a week or two :D

Single Recycler:
1) 18mm FEMALE joint
2) 10-12 inches tall

3) perc position 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up the can
4) flame polished gridded perc (20+ holes if possible)
- 3 and 4 should allow me to keep high water levels to get a good vortex while still being able to use my restrictive airflow vaporizers

5) 4 rings around the joint
6) 1 ring around the mouthpiece tube that connects to the recycling chamber
7) 1 ring right before the mouthpiece (if possible)
8) flared mouthpiece 1-1.5 inch diameter
9) bent neck mouthpiece tube (like you normally do)
10) 10mm thick disc base about 5 inches in diameter
- 5mm thick is okay, but I am prone to breaking things so 10mm would be great if possible

Double Recycler:
1) 18mm MALE joint
2) 8-10 inches tall

3) perc position 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up the can
4) gridded perc (20+ holes if possible)
- 3 and 4 should allow me to keep high water levels to get a good vortex while still being able to use my restrictive airflow vaporizers

5) 2 rings around the joint
6) 2 rings around the mouthpiece tube that connects to the recycling chamber
7) 2 rings right before the mouthpiece (if possible)
- I am going with the 2 ring style to match the double chamber

8) flared mouthpiece 1-1.5 inch diameter
9) straight mouthpiece tube that comes off at about a 45 degree angle
10) hollow base with a little "foot" under each return tube for added stability (like you did on the other double recycler you made for @CrazyDiamond)

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Damn that is an impressive list bro...I couldn't even begin to get that detailed. Oh, and I will tell you, my piece from him holds almost a whole little water bottle worth of h2o (the 500mL/16.9 fl oz bottles) and it is extremely stable with all the weight of the h2o and the feet...it hardly moves around at all tipping wise, of course it can slide on a smooth surface as would any piece of glass, lol.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
iagree.gif
YES!!!!
rasta.gif
rockwoot.gif

BoogerMan

Single pic I got yesterday from Mike. He said he was running out of the shop when he took it so he will send more and a video today or tomorrow. The double should be done soon too :)

It looks like the mouthpiece is like the GB-187 and like @blankrider's first Distilled recycler. I'm actually happy he did it like this and not a round flare like I asked because the double he is making me will have the round flare so now this single and double definitely won't look similar and I'm very happy about that.

More pics and vids to come!

3ACBF0BC-DD29-469A-ABFF-B9527C75917B_zps1ok3vwt6.jpg

BoogerMan

Yes sir :D

Just got a teaser pic of the double. I'm loving the twisting going on with the uptake tubes and the mouthpiece connection tubes.

Mike said "Just finishing up double...pics, videos of both pieces definitely tomorrow."

Looks like I should have more to share tomorrow night :)

IMG_20141006_175353_747-1-1_zps1a446977.jpg

BoogerMan

Sorry for the back to back posts, but damn, it makes a customer feel good when the glassblower has you're requests printed out...AND follows them perfectly and makes it even better than what I requested. I will definitely be a returning customer.

Thanks Mike :tup::rockon::clap:

And Thanks @blankrider for finding this awesome artist!

FB6089A7-F6ED-4B5E-9FBF-8703A350A79E_zpsljactixu.png

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Just being on the extra cautious side, but can I trust this guy? Interested in getting a purple/blue worked can soon! his stuff looks nice and reliable

Just being on the extra cautious side, but can I trust this guy? Interested in getting a purple/blue worked can soon! his stuff looks nice and reliable
I have no personal experience but I've followed this thread since the beginning and I've seem nothing but good business and A1 work. Id have gotten something by now I'm just with another blower at the moment.

blankrider

Read the thread dude. Look at how many people he has hooked up with amazing custom work in a short amount of time. He does not even take payment until he finishes your order and sends you pictures and a function video. Not sure how it could be more legit

edit: he is like the opposite of Cory and you already trusted him with your money and did not seem displeased even though you got some of your request ignored. I guarantee mike will take far better care of you

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

I don't see why not. Plenty of people in this thread have had custom work done. Like @blankrider said, he doesn't take payment until he sends you a pic/function video. And his turnaround seems to be somewhere in the 1-2 week range, obviously longer if you're getting some intricate work done.

I'm still very pleased with my fillacello recycler, even sold my Mobius!

Plus, it's not shipped in a padded envelope! :lol:

BoogerMan

I trusted him with 3 pieces and they have all been great :) I should have these 2 by Friday or Saturday.

HD pics and vids to come but here are a few that Mike sent me :D

The single has 10 slits on each side of the perc :)
The double has dual inline percs with 10 slits each. Can't wait!

Single vid:

Double vid:

57A96921-3C03-42FF-A26E-384E5CA51070_zpssievb2i7.jpg

B17E883A-6F9B-4C64-8C9D-AD58B10A3FE6_zpsgdjasg7x.jpg

Top Bottom