Distilled Glass, a quality recyceler at a very reasonable price

blankrider

I would like to officially announce a blower that I found on Instagram. His name is Mike and you can find him on Instagram under the name @distilledglass. If you like what you see and want to make an order you can contact him at his email address mike@distilledartglass.com

I was lucky enough to stumble across a Klein that he was trying to sell for a very good price and looked back through his post and found a cool showerhead recycler that had a pretty good vortex and decided to contact him about a custom vapecycler. There have been a lot of people searching for a good quality recycler WITH VORTEX for a while now.

He got back to me pretty quickly and I described what I was looking for. I said I wanted it to be larger with a wide base. Upward inline perc with ten points of diffusion, reinforced. Reinforced joint that wasn't to high up. Bent neck with mouthpiece that flares out. 18mm female and of course vortex was important.

This is what he made me. Beer can and 187 are for size reference.
6M7kigq.jpg

This thing is a BEAST and the most amazing vape piece. I cannot express how much I love this besides saying that just retired everything else that I own. The base is about 3 1/2 inches wide and also has foot under vortex chamber for added stability. When filled with water it is pretty freaking hard to tip over and can support my E-nano with ease and no fear. He added those cool fins on the stem all on his own and I really like how they look and they add a lot of grip. When I put my hand around the can my thumb fits between the can and the return and then my fingers grasp the fins. It works out really well. The mouthpiece hugs my lips wonderfully and just look at the joint support. The inline does work! Such a smooth but flavorful hit. Truly the best of both worlds. The recycling action is amazing and impossible to get any splash. I filled it until water was right above the joint support, like way too high, just to see what would happen and still no splash. I have been using it with the water level right below the joint support.

I don't post videos yet but believe me when I say this bad boy can vortex. It takes just a moment to form and will vortex the entire time you hit it and also on the clear. Then the water drains back in like slow motion as the vortex slowly dies. It is quite a beautiful show.

I do not think I have a locked in FC price though that would be nice but I will tell you guys that I paid only $135 total for this beauty. He said that he would do $125 anywhere in the US and I offered him $10 extra to ship bombproof. I gave him bombproofing directions and he flowed them to the letter. I was very pleased with my transaction. It took 10 days total from first contact until I had my piece in my hands. At least a day of that time is cause UPS is freaking slow and not even Mike's fault.

I want to add that Mike had reasonable communication. He listened to my request. He did not leave me hanging for days or weeks with no response. He informed me when he was starting me piece and sent me a couple progress picture even though I never asked. It was a very cool bonus. He even sent me a picture of the shipping label as it was going out from UPS so I could see the tracking number and also know that it was going to the right address. It was a very smooth transaction and now I am the proud owner of this amazingly smooth recycler at a very reasonable price.

Last edited:

blankrider

I promise that I will get a video of it posted in the next week or so.

It does indeed milk hard. But it is so smooth that you can hit it like endlessly. I can fill the entire volume of my lungs and it feels like almost nothing. It is like a 15 second hit maybe so when you see the video you are going to see a lot of vortex. I don't think that I have ever experienced this kind of cooling from anything else

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Happy Birthday, Mushu. Closest I'm getting to that recycler today is printing out a pic and dumping my abv on it.

@FlyingLow I agree. Add a $100 in worked features, and I'm in.

Just a heads up, but when I contacted Distilled Glass on Friday, I inquired about adding a worked base. He told me for another $100 ($225 total, shipped) he could add a base similar to this:

10431788_569231906530327_146394211_n.jpg

He asked for color preferences. I told him to just go with it, whatever he's feeling at the moment. I just want some type of cool geometric pattern in the base.

This all happened Friday evening, he said he should be able to work on it this week. Excited to get an update!

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Just a heads up, but when I contacted Distilled Glass on Friday, I inquired about adding a worked base. He told me for another $100 ($225 total, shipped) he could add a base similar to this:

10431788_569231906530327_146394211_n.jpg

He asked for color preferences. I told him to just go with it, whatever he's feeling at the moment. I just want some type of cool geometric pattern in the base.

This all happened Friday evening, he said he should be able to work on it this week. Excited to get an update!

I'm loving that base. Reminds me of tile/glass mosaic. Black/gold/slyme, please!

blankrider

My first video!!!

Sorry it is all choppy. At least the sound turned out ok. Please join me in the DANGER ZONE

I spent like $30 on a logitech c525 webcam just so I could make videos for you guys but I cant figure out how to make it work good. If anyone can help please PM me.

Anyways to all the people wondering if this thing only vortex while it drains, I think you can clearly see in the video that it vortex through out the entire hit.

Edit: I just realized that the video is "mirrored" so everything you are seeing is actually a reversed image

Last edited:

BoogerMan

Just landed today-so far I'm loving it! Just incredible!

That looks amazing! I'm giving that a shot once I get back to the states! (Give a phunnel bowl a try if you haven't already. More flavor because juice doesn't drip through the bowl holes and the bowl lasts longer too!)

@blankrider you found the perfect water level!!!! :clap: That vortex is sexy as hell! Congrats on the new piece.

blankrider

I am really glad that you guys are making orders and being taken care of instead of waiting around for Cory to MAYBE respond to half of one of your many messages.

It is like nobody believed that there was any other way to get a recycler for $150 with vortex unless you subjected yourself to that.

I am sure that Mike is just one of many talented artist who can figure out how to make a good recycler AND respond to his clients messages.

sasNW

Has anyone out in an order for one of the recyclers with some custom colors done? I'd really like one with a taller mouthpiece, and no cooling fins. Just curious on his prices for customizations.

Also @blankrider since you seem to be in contact with him about the forum and stuff, would it be possible for him to downsize the 2nd can a bit? Seems like a great vortex, just a bit overshadowed by the extra water in the can. :2c: Thanks in advance

Edit- @MuushuPork , very interested to see how you recycler turns out using CGD piece as the template

MuushuPork

Has anyone out in an order for one of the recyclers with some custom colors done? I'd really like one with a taller mouthpiece, and no cooling fins. Just curious on his prices for customizations.

Also @blankrider since you seem to be in contact with him about the forum and stuff, would it be possible for him to downsize the 2nd can a bit? Seems like a great vortex, just a bit overshadowed by the extra water in the can. :2c: Thanks in advance

Edit- @MuushuPork , very interested to see how you recycler turns out using CGD piece as the template

Absolutely will post pics and vid. $140 shipped and no payment until pic of finished piece is sent.

blankrider

@Roth said that he is getting one made with worked base for an extra hundred.

I think that some of the other people with orders in have requested small vortex chamber.

His email address is in the original post. I am sure that he could answer all your questions on a custom order

MuushuPork

I didnt specifically request the smaller vortex chamber but the picture reflected that style (obv. Its cgd). I also asked him to confirm he had seen the picture and was comfortable with that. He said he would be doing similar and was comfortable. I could get more detailed but i think he understands, i just worry about being "that guy" who gets a pic of the finished piece and has to turn it down.

Edit: FYI this is what i sent him.

p3otrLi.jpg

Last edited:

blankrider

I once was sort of friends with the blower Vince P and we were hanging out one day at this place in Yorkville that he used to blow glass. I was describing a hammer bubbler with triple donut that I wanted him to make for me. He was kind of busy and not really interested but a different blower there overheard me and made the piece I described. When I showed up later that week he wanted a very fair price but I turned it down like an idiot. I had never actually asked him but it was still kind of bogus on my part.

THAT BLOWER TURNED OUT TO BE ROBIN HOOD!

I could have been friends with the dude but instead I will always be some asshole who rejected his work. Huge mistake!

Edit: this was like 07

Top Bottom