• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Distillate and sauce

maxymods

has anyone tried distillate mixed with sauce in carts? I have distillate and a very saucy concentrate, but am wondering if I can mix them for a cartridge as I have read some company’s do that to make very potent carts without terpenes diluting. Thanks! N

maxymods,

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Yes you certainly can! This has been one of my latest experiments in filling some ceramic donut / ceramic rod RTAs I make. Adding htfse at a ratio of 2:1, heavy on thick, raw distillate will make the thick distillate flow more like a runny co2 at room temps when mixed and can give you amazing flavor potential!

You can even go 3:1 or more, distillate-heavy ratio, but probably only with a properly wicking sub-ohm type e-cig tank, maybe not all small tanks? (not all of them handle raw distillate or thick oils well) An even 1:1 ratio I have not tried, but should probably be fine if splashing isn't an issue with whatever type of tank you use?

You can even vape htfse, straight-up, on the right tank set up for it, but it's a finicky concentrate; it tends to turn dark and thicken in the tank before all of it is vaped up, even with TC. Straight terps on a tank (alumina ceramic temp controlled coils?) can taste outrageously good though.(even the darker reclaim!) Perhaps a bit too rich for some people, if sauce/hte is even available to you, but it can be done. Mixing htfse with the distillate does seem to make the mix hold up better against the light, heat, air & time that the oil is necessarily exposed to in a tank, however.

You'll need some re-usable small glass syringes with a leur lock tip and blunt tip needle dispensers. Get skinnier tips (higher # gauge) if your tank has really small filling slots.

Watch out for big thca rocks or chunks in your sauce if you try to mix with distillate, just try to suck up the light, terpy pour-off from the top. I used straight pour-off, but too much thca rock might jam your wicking slots or make your mix more viscous than you want? If what you have is more like a blended, chunky sauce or homogeneous-texture live resin, and not with much pour-off terps sitting on top, I wouldn't attempt it.

I took my raw distillate and hte and mixed it, very mildly warmed, in a small glass jar of the type that sauce comes in, and stirred it with a needle to ensure it mixed well and had a consistent texture and viscosity, and this worked for that purpose, at the slight cost of some leftover oil stuck on the jar. It would have probably worked well if I just filled the 2 parts separately into my smok x-baby RBA and it might have ended up self-mixing in the tank, maybe with some funny behavior during that process? But if part of the purpose for you to try this is to ensure your mixed oil flows and wicks better, you should pre-mix and stir it in a separate container before you syringe-fill it into your tank.

I hate how there's some tiny bit of oil left stuck inside the needle dispenser and inside the syringe too, but the cost of pouring straight from your jar to your tank and spilling, or missing your target is too costly for me to try :D

Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom