Discloure and Data about CBD Oil

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Looking for better pain management has led me to try (with very good results) CBD Oil. Research on the web and local dispensaries has led me to question the quality of many of the products. I found Project CBD to be a very helpful resource. A quote from their CBD Misconceptions page:

“CBD is CBD—It doesn’t matter where it comes from.” Yes it does matter. The flower-tops and leaves of some industrial hemp strains may be a viable source of CBD (legal issues notwithstanding), but hemp is by no means an optimal source of cannabidiol. Industrial hemp typically contains far less cannabidiol than CBD-rich cannabis. Huge amounts of industrial hemp are required to extract a small amount of CBD, thereby raising the risk of toxic contaminants because hemp is a “bio-accumulator” that draws heavy metals from the soil. Single-molecule CBD synthesized in a lab or extracted and refined from industrial hemp lacks critical medicinal terpenes and secondary cannabinoids found in cannabis strains. These compounds interact with CBD and THC to enhance their therapeutic benefits.

What bothers me is many CBD products that are advertised as hemp-based are selling at prices similar to or even above cannabis-based CBD oil. My limited experience is the hemp-based products aren't near as potent and useful as cannabis-based oils. It's really no contest. I'm not sure why legal states are selling hemp oil when cannabis oil is available?

In the interest of comparison, I offer the following data from a product available at many dispensaries in this state. I'll call it Product X (not interested in advertising for companies, just the info on the label).

Product X Data:
Type: High CBD Oil
Derived from: Cannabis flowers (extraction)
Total Amount: 1000mg
Percentage CBD: 69.97%
Percentage THC: 3.71%
Percentage CBN: 0%.
Retal Price: $70

Note that the percentage of CBD is listed. Every product that doesn't list the actual percentage of CBD is questionable to me. Feel free to post what CBD oils you've found locally.

Last edited:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
It's really no contest. I'm not sure why legal states are selling hemp oil when cannabis oil is available?

Can't keep the cannabis based product in stock, have to keep up with demand.

Educated consumers care the source, but most don't so just keep something in stock and continue making sales.

sickmanfraud

Can't keep the cannabis based product in stock, have to keep up with demand.

Educated consumers care the source, but most don't so just keep something in stock and continue making sales.

Unfortunately for many , I think you are right.

@syrupy you did not mention (or I did not see) if you are in a legal state, a medical state or a primitive state?

sickmanfraud,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The CBD oil that I use is from hemp, Charlotte's web. 5000mg bottle contains roughly 7200mg total cannabanoids, 5000mg CBD. It's 50 state legal oil.

This is the nutritional label for my 100ml bottle -
product_ingredients_5000_Mint_3oz-05.png

Here's a reply I got from cwbotanicals trying to confirm the actual mg of CBD's in the product's dose. I asked if the 1/8tsp was roughly 32mg CBD based on the information on the label, here is the reply -

Good afternoon,

Hope all is well.

This is correct, as 1/8 of a tsp is about 0.6 ml. When taking a full ml you will be in taking about 50 milligrams of CBD. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best wishes,

I didn't have to wait days for an answer, I think I had a reply in 3 hours.

When looking at just CBD vs THC vs CBD+THC, I use this wheel to check for symptoms when I am testing one vs the other vs both together.

0kDQdUNqR0GCXCMdfgbs_leafly-cannabinoid-wheel-large.jpg

The beauty of the oil is that you can take a high THC strain like Space Cream which has very little CBD (if any), then supplement the CBD from the oil. As you can see, THC is beneficial to most of these symptoms.

I've purchased a variety of CBD products. This 100ml bottle with 5000mg of CBD is $275 shipped. I had bought some 100mg tinctures for $20 and 50mg caramel cbd chews for $9. This is by far the cheapest CBD meds I've found to date.

Last edited:

wkndwarrior

Folks should also check out copaiba oil - its said to work on the same receptors as CBD (not sure the half life) but I think its usually much cheaper. If it helps with your actual ailment as well is up in the air but worth a try. I tried orally for sleep with a ruptured disc and it seemed to help similar to CBD.

wkndwarrior,

little maggie

I think I should probably start a thread but someone just told me about vetiver oil. It sounds really interesting.

little maggie,
Reactions: C No Ego

StickyShisha2

A medical grower i know up here in Maine recently showed me his flower lab results for one of his Cannatonic (or maybe it was a cross). More than 20% CBD and next to no THC. His tinture works well for my nerve pain. Better than my AC/DC tinture I think.

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom