Different vape heating styles?.. Good Portable Vape for $300

DopeFight

I'm pretty knew to the world of vaporization and have only got to try out a couple of different models so far. Hopefully I will be able to add a couple of more to the list here soon!!

Can someone tell me and give a brief overview of how the different heating styles work and compare to each other.

I know this on a complete opinion basics but just looking for any feed back I can get. I'm wanting to get myself a new portable unit and I got about $300 to put toward it. After a month or three of reading threads and watching video reviews, I don't think I'm any closer to making a decision on which one to purchase. LoL Right now my main portable is a Vapir NO2, I like it a lot... but like I said I haven't tried many other units to compare it to. Other than the Magic Flight Launch Box and the Pax. I was thinking of getting a Pax, but there are a few things holding me back. I've been reading about the Indica model a good bit latley and it sounds pretty good. I definitely would like to get an Indica but I kinda wanna wait a little while and let the company get their last few couple kinks ironed out. The FireFly model is also on my watch list and have heard lot's of good things on it... But If you got an opinion on a good portable unit for around the 250/300 bucks mark, lay it on me.

DopeFight,

al bundy

Vaporist
I have the no2 I say get a Solo they can be had for $130.
Not very stealthy but very durable. Hits thicker than the No2 and about twice the battery life ,and heats up way quicker than the No2
And with $170 left over you can snag another vape.or maybe a water bubbler..

al bundy,
Reactions: DopeFight

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
There are really 2 different heating types. Though most vapes use both heating methods to some degree, they are usually grouped into one or the other of these categories:

Conduction and Convection

Conduction heat - heat is transferred through direct contact. This is a slower heating method, and is typically less preferable among many vaporists.

Convection heat - cool air is pre-heated and hot air is blasted over your herbs. This hot air more evenly vapes the herb, throughout the load.

I'll leave suggestions to others, but of course don't rule out the Solo - it's one of the most popular portable vapes on the market right now

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm not sure conduction is any slower, in fact as it tends to cook the load at all times, extraction might be faster overall... I don't know.

Also whatever the advertisements say, nearly all (battery-powered) portables have more radiant heat than conduction/convection after a few minutes of continuous use (unless you can remove the load/stem), and in all cases they exhibit a combination of the 3 heat sources.

Ratchett might disagree but I'd recommend you to also consider the Ascent as a possibility.

KeroZen,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
In terms of quality and durability, I'm not sure there's a better option than the Arizer Solo. My Pax and MFLB win in terms of stealth. My Solo is super reliable and produces great-tasting vapor, 7 levels of heat, and gets more use in my home than the other two combined.

syrupy,
Reactions: scot

Curiousone

I owned the No2, the solo and still own a pax.

the No2 worked, but not as well as the solo.

The solo was very reliable and tastes great, but carrying the stems annoyed me. I hated the glass so I bought a wood stem from Ed's tnt. used it with few problems for a year. made a warranty claim toward the end of the year with no problems. They replaced the broken unit, but i had to pay for shipping. I did not like the newer unit as much as my older one and sold it in favor of my pax. Keep in mind the solo is almost $100 cheaper than the pax, which is a pro to consider.

Imo, the pax is the best portable out of the three when you factor in stealth. it hits hard, easy to pocket, hard to distinguish from any other electronic device. Nice size oven for more than one person. You can fold a screen to act as spacer when using smaller loads. Cleaning can be tedious at first, but it can easily be completed in 5-10 minutes once you are used to doing it. needs to clean about once a week or more or less depending on use. 10 year warranty is very nice. Odor can be a concern if used indoors with this unit. Odor is not a problem with the solo.

Indica looks good, but the finish and size take away from the stealthiness. It is the main contender for the pax. Cleaning isn't an issue with this unit. I also like the Inh 05, but I can't suggest it as I know very little about it in terms of real life functionality and reliability of the company.

Curiousone,
Top Bottom