Did You Know.........

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Uh, nice try, Deja Vu, but I've seen that episode of "Night Gallery," and they totally lay eggs in your brain. :ko:

No they donnnnnnn't. It's all bullshit. They are also soft and silky and can't crawl over too much sawdust or abrasive material because of their squishiness. (although they LOOK like they have a tough shell, they are actually pretty slimy)

Radio,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

adamm

Pigs can't fly.. Oh wait I'm doing this wrong aren't I?

Iguanas, koalas and komodo dragons all have 2 penises.

Months that begin on a sunday will always have a Friday the 13th.

If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.

The queen can not be arrested, she can do whatever the fuck she wants!

lwien

Rather than starting a new thread of "What I Didn't Know", I thought I'd just post this up here.

It wasn't until I first got on the internet that I realized, to my total dismay, how many true idiots there are in this world and by that I mean, people who don't think like me, excluding my FC family of course. :brow:

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
... that Mark Wahlberg has three nipples?

Me too, I don't think is that uncommon, the third one is not fully developed tho.

Edit: let me rephrase that, I don't think is uncommon on males, because I haven't heard that condition happening on females.

Me too!! Lol, always thought it was a small deformed mole, but it's actually my little #3! You seriously wouldn't even realize it was a nipple unless I told you.

The technical term for it is a Supernumerary nipple, and yes, it does occur in females, though at a much lower rate than men - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernumerary_nipple

lwien

lvtHe9m.jpg

basement farmer

My face is melting...
There really is no real scientific explanasion (in a perfectly healthy male K9 population) as to why dogs lick their balls. So the theory that they do it because they can is as valid as any other.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Mother giraffes often return to the spot where they were born to have their own babies.

100 year old Madeline Scotto still teaches Math at St. Ephrams Elementary School in Brooklyn, NY. She said, "when you help others you are helping yourself." She got her teaching degree when she was 40.

Last edited:

arf777

No longer dogless
Me too!! Lol, always thought it was a small deformed mole, but it's actually my little #3! You seriously wouldn't even realize it was a nipple unless I told you.

The technical term for it is a Supernumerary nipple, and yes, it does occur in females, though at a much lower rate than men - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernumerary_nipple

Did you know as much as 1% of the human population may have a partially absorbed twin and not know it?

I'm posting this as a reply to the above, cuz if we're going with personal physical weirdness, this may be hard to top. I recently was informed by a doctor that it appears I may very well have a partially absorbed twin. My right eye and left eye inner structures apparently CANNOT come from the same DNA. I don't know shit about the structure of the inner eye, but even I could see from optometric (opthalmic?) imaging that the innards of my two eyes have zilch in common. Totally dissimilar nerve and blood vessel structures.

They are saying I either absorbed a partial twin and that one of my eyes is from that twin, or I have an even rarer form of genetic mosaicism, with completely different DNA being expressed in one eye than the other.

It apparently explains a lot. I've broken my nose and cracked my skull repeatedly from lack of depth perception - I have never had binocular depth perception. And it's why I cannot wear bifocals despite that they'd be helpful. Just happy I didn't know I was either a mutant or had an absorbed twin in my psychedelic days.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Bob Marley's song wasn't really titled "No Woman No Cry", it's actually "No, woman, nuh cry"

Nuh is Jamaican for "don't" - so the lyric actually means "No, Woman, Don't Cry" - he's leaving and reassuring her that the slum they live in won't get her down, and that everything will be alright.

CarolKing

Actual Advice Mallard - Capriciousbubakar
uQ8yujTh.jpg

I don't see anything about ivory piano keys. My 5 yr old wrote the alphabet with permanent marker on her grandmother's old antique (1915) piano. I used an eraser but it left scratches. This was 30 years ago. I was young and stupid. This was before we had internet too.

Last edited:

CarolKing

No wonder men act like babies when they get the sniffles. Estrogen gives women the edge at fighting infections. Estrogen confronts a certain enzyme that often hinders the body's first line of defense.

Women live 5 to 10 years longer than men.

Not sure why? Maybe because men are chained to their jobs and work longer? They don't have as many options as women. Or maybe because women take care of their bodies better? They go to the doctor more often than men when they are sick?

I read further it said that women get cardiovascular disease 5 to 10 yrs later than men.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
No wonder men act like babies when they get the sniffles.

Not sure why? Maybe because men are chained to their jobs and work longer? They don't have as many options as women. Or maybe because women take care of their bodies better? They go to the doctor more often than men when they are sick?

There isn't one guy on this site reacting to 'men act like babies when they get the sniffles' ? Allow me....I'm sure there must be a guy out there who acts like a mature, adult male when he has the sniffles. I haven't met one yet but I'm sure he exists.

And as far as why men die earlier than women...too easy...women are stronger....no, I'm not talking about muscle mass.... If men had to deal with the biology, let alone carrying a child and giving birth we'd be strong as hell too.

grokit

well-worn member
Stress arguably kills more than anything else, as it can contribute to so many different types of illnesses. In the traditional family archetype, being the protector/provider is more stressful than being the nurturer. It could be interesting to see if the mortality statistics change in families where these two roles are reversed.

Last edited:

arf777

No longer dogless
In India they drink soda made from cow urine

They get even weirder with urine in India. After studying Ayurvedic medicine and spending time in India, my little brother started drinking his OWN urine. At least once a day. According to my ex-wife (she;s from New Delhi) it is very common. Apparently Nehru did it.

arf777,
Reactions: grokit
Top Bottom