Tek DHO?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Bought one too some months ago and tested it today.... it might be better to read this thread before cause I exactly got what you described, at least twice the amount I get with butane and it smells very bad after several hours to purge, I continue to purge but final product looks like a qwiso run... Idon't know if there is still terpènes into.... very disappointed to waste enough trim to produce 1,5g of nice tasty shatter!
Finally I needed to use a high heat purge to be sure to remove most of the solvent, although i destroyed terpènes and final product is very dark and doesn't taste like flowers at all but more like reclaim... I'm thinking to buy some terpènes and a Trinity tank since it's sslightly runny after to decarb in the oven...

PPN,

marcofreccia

Oh shit I only just saw myself tagged here now! Let me look into this a bit. I know dimethyl ether is regarded as a useful solvent with mj in the organic chem literature but this is in scenarios again where high purity lab solvents are being used.

I do not suggest that anybody play around with new solvents like this if they have not consulted an organic chemist about proper safety protocols.

I can tell you all unequivocally that some of the best solvents for advanced mmj work are known to contain seriously toxic impurities and some of these solvents are themselves toxic or choking hazards in very low concentrations (hundreds of ppm in some cases) when used in a room without a fumehood etc.

I will add that I know that Dimethyl ether has a number of storage related safety considerations. Like many things, it cannot be stored near sources of ignition or spark. However, oxidative reactions after a vessel containing dimethyl ether has been opened and then left for a long period can lead to peroxide forming inside the storage vessel. This makes the storage vessel filled with dimethyl ether a potential explosion hazard from any subsequent excess heat, impact or friction.

I can see this being a problem in cases where the hobbyist tries to use this as a solvent, doesn't revisit again and leaves the excess solvent sitting about in the vessel long term.

Also, dimethyl ether has short term exposure limits worldwide set at ~500ppm (average exposure limits tend to be lower still of course so regular dabbing really should be involving lower exposure, at ~400ppm). This means that any concentrate created with this solvent will need to be well purged. If there are tiny trace amounts of residual dimethyl ether (.04% or greater for longer term use, or .05% or greater for one off/short term use), you are inhaling more of that chemical than international safety standards deem safe.

I am gonna venture that none of us present have access to regular analyses of each of our batches of material to ensure that we've purged to this extent or greater.

Let's leave this one to more qualified chemists, if at all :)
HI . How do I analyze my extract? who should I contact , perhaps a laboratory ?

marcofreccia,

GoldenBud

Thanks . Be patient , what exactly do they need to determine? Do I have to specify that I have to determine the purity of the THC?
they will test for you, and usually they give some graph which shows how much THCA, THC Delta 9, you have, also terpenes, but probably it explain in % how much organic stuff you have , read more here:

Top Bottom