DHGATE - Aaaaaackkkkk! :) Good/Bad Seller List

lazylathe

Almost there...
Just added another order to the DHGate madness... a Diffusion Pump sidecar from Stevenlmz.

Now 12 pipes incoming, with 1 received - a most excellent bent neck turbine can. One pipe/seller so far appears to be a scam, but with DHGate, the surprises are frequent and exciting... so who knows! :D

More updates to follow! :)

I foresee many months of testing and comparisons to follow....

xTR2rDG.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I bought the medium...fairly even coarse grind, nothing like a Kannastor though and found it a touch cramped for my large hands, so I bought the large, and that was way too massive! @ataxian I highly suggest you look into Kannastor grinders like @lazylathe mentioned the Vape Gr8tr. It's the best 3 piece FINE grind out there, and if you get the solid or jar body style 4 piece, you can use it like a 3 piece but get both coarse and fine grind plates. I just bought two of them!

Dude, thanks for sharing but i'm with @Abysmal Vapor on this one. I understand your frustration but there is a better way than calling the CS rep a "daft bitch"! :rofl:You fucking made my day though!!! :lol:

IMO, and in my experiences, 99% of the time I just have to EXPECT it..... I don't know how some people live with themselves, and are able to function in life, get jobs, etc. It really does amaze me.

I've only ordered from stevenlmz and have always had an excellent experience! Now I have DHGate Anxiety Syndrome DAS?

I just placed an order from "Glassartist" because there is a piece I really want...ended up ordering a bunch and then requested an order cancel because I found out about shipping delays due to Chinese Holiday, and i'm moving very soon and knew it would be a shit show. Holy shit what a hassle! Communication was slow, but there, and what should have been maybe 2-3 exchanges turned into a protracted shit show and Dhgate finally refunded me because it didn't get shipped out on time. I nearly contacted mastercard because I was getting fucked around too much for my liking.

I'll be placing some more orders shortly and sharing my experience. DHGate is a necessity for me as I break glass far too often (not far off from @ataxian believe it or not!) and can't afford to pay more than $50-70 per piece when there is a good chance i'll wreck it.

Actually now with my non glass vaporizer (flowerpot) i've been thinking if I could get a stainless steel bong with a "window" i'd be all set! :rofl:
I was going to get a FP?
However stu and baron made me feel I couldn't handle it?

So like the no income sack that I am!

I use what I have and it work's?

My SC 3.5" 2x grinder is not bad.

However I might get another grinder out of want and not for need.

VAS
GAS
GRH = grinder her (COLAS)

Razshiro

Razshiro,
Reactions: ataxian

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Wow!
That site outage was something! :o

Update:

Another 2 pipes arrived yesterday, with a third due tomorrow. Both pipes intact and perfect! Oh yeah... 3 down, 9 to go! So far, so good.

It's looking like 2 confirmed scams at this point... one guy's store is closed, and the other sent me a nice "FU" note when I asked for a refund after waiting almost 2 weeks for the tracking number to never "go live" and start working. I'm out about $60 at this point, if DHGate won't refund my money... as I'm pretty certain those 2 sellers never will! ;). Whatever... the 3 pipes I have received already have saved me FAR more than $60 if I were to source something similar in the U.S., so all's well!

I'll post updates tomorrow, with DHGate seller names for those that kill it, as well as those who fail it horribly! :D

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow!
That site outage was something! :o

Update:

Another 2 pipes arrived yesterday, with a third due tomorrow. Both pipes intact and perfect! Oh yeah... 3 down, 9 to go! So far, so good.

It's looking like 2 confirmed scams at this point... one guy's store is closed, and the other sent me a nice "FU" note when I asked for a refund after waiting almost 2 weeks for the tracking number to never "go live" and start working. I'm out about $60 at this point, if DHGate won't refund my money... as I'm pretty certain those 2 sellers never will! ;). Whatever... the 3 pipes I have received already have saved me FAR more than $60 if I were to source something similar in the U.S., so all's well!

I'll post updates tomorrow, with seller names for those that kill it, as well those who fail it horribly! :D
I ordered more glass because of you?

Good on you!

Chicken #420

Update:

Two more pipes received, though one is sitting in the Post Office until Tuesday unfortunately. Latest arrival is the little teal hand bubbler shown on post 1, with the yellow flower marble. It is perfect! :)

Let's get this DhGate seller good/bad list going! I am including my own experiences, as well as those sellers posted about in this thread by other forum members. I'll keep it alphabetical.

Great Sellers (Fast shipping, item as described)

cleanclearglass
glassdesigner
goesky
hfy_glass
rtglassfactory
stevenlmz79
sunshinestore

Problem Sellers (Currently having problems, may or may not get fixed)

glassmr
golden2017
smokingdogo

Bad Sellers (Uncorrectable problem - scam, wrong, or no item shipped)

dkglobe
glass_artwork

Let's keep adding to this list, and help it grow! Please post about your DhGate experience, and I'll keep this list updated! :)

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Update:

Two more pipes received, though one is sitting in the Post Office until Tuesday unfortunately. Latest arrival is the little teal hand bubbler shown on post 1, with the yellow flower marble. It is perfect! :)

Let's get this DhGate seller good/bad list going! I am including my own experiences, as well as those sellers posted about in this thread by other forum members. I'll keep it alphabetical.

cleanclearglass
glassdesigner
goesky
hfy_glass
rtglassfactory
stevenlmz79
sunshinestore

glassmr
golden2017
smokingdogo

dkglobe
glass_artwork

Let's keep adding to this list, and help it grow! Please post about your DhGate experience, and I'll keep this list updated! :)

I had a small issue with some adapters I ordered from smokingdogo - they wouldn't create a seal and wobbled.
Took a while and a few messages back and forth but they eventually sent replacements.

Chicken #420

Pyr0,
I think at the end of this, even if seller "smokingdogo" eventually "makes right" and delivers to me the pipe I ordered, that seller will probably stay in a "Problem Seller" category.

Bait and switch tactics. Lying about the pipe being made again. Refusal to remove a fraudulent pipe listing. Silence and days of total non-communication, only to be broken by threatening more forum posts about the issue. DHGate seller "smokingdogo" has proven, at least to me, that they are not a amooth functioning trouble-free seller. At the very least, they have not particularly excited me to want to play these games with them again in the future! :D

I might eventually create a fourth category: "Problem Seller - Satisfaction eventually achieved, but with much difficulty" heading for this type of seller.

Last edited:

D32320

Noob Saibot
I went through Kathy0577 about a year ago because they used to be known for quality pieces and customer service, but I have read a lot about them bait and switching and just overall poor customer service recently. I remember seeing the store disappear for a while so I’m not entirely certain if the one around now is even the same, so I would put these on a order with extreme caution list.

Steven was my second order on the Gate, really nice pieces and pretty great customer service. I’ve ordered two of his FC-186’s, the second was a few months later and you can tell he improved on the design. Also he’s had the fastest shipping, personally. Highly recommended.

Ive ordered flower bowls from beyond, they’re known for their glass accessories: bowls, bangers, adapters. Had a slight problem with a bowl I received and they agreed to replace it. Shipping was average. Pretty good experience overall.

Hyman Quartz aka HQP Smoking was known for their bangers I believe, and they also carry other accessories. I enjoyed the banger I had the few times I used it before I broke it haha. Pretty nice customer service, and fairly prompt shipping.

CCG was my latest buy and I must say I’m extremely impressed with the quality. Shipping took about 18 days but I did ask for a different joint size which took about three extra days to complete. Their customer service works with you to get your piece and if you have a request they’ll try to fulfill it. I believe they go out of their way to try and satisfy their customers, and their quality is outstanding. Definitely some of the best glass for the price you’re gonna find.

Baron23

I was going to get a FP?
However stu and baron made me feel I couldn't handle it?

Slightly different point of view of that conversation. I believe I clearly indicated that you were a big boy and if you wanted one, that's completely your decision. I did point out, however, that it is an exposed coil device that's hot as hell, that this provides challenges for some med patients especially ones with a movement disorder, and that in my opinion you would not be getting much added benefit over your EVO in return for a fairly sharp increase in risk.

I do not ever patronize you and do not let anything I posted stop you from ordering a FP if you want one, my friend.

Last edited:

Armerad

Dabbin'
Just added another order to the DHGate madness... a Diffusion Pump sidecar from Stevenlmz79.

Now 12 pipes incoming, with 1 received - a most excellent bent neck turbine can. One pipe/seller so far appears to be a scam, but with DHGate, the surprises are frequent and exciting... so who knows! :D

More updates to follow! :)
Could you link me to that Diffusion pump sidecar, please?

Armerad,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Slightly different point of view of that conversation. I believe I clearly indicated that you were a big boy and if you wanted one, that's completely your decision. I did point out, however, that it is an exposed coil device that's hot as hell, that this provides challenges for some med patients especially ones with a movement disorder, and that in my opinion you would not be getting much added benefit over your EVO in return for a fairly sharp increase in risk.

I do not ever patronize you and do not let anything I posted stop you from ordering a FP if you want one, my friend.
@Baron23 I use the EVO the most right now.
I use a SOLO in the GARDEN.

I'm sorry to be such a jerk.

I need to play it safe.

More GonG'S I need for a device I love.

I smoked joints mostly. (Big gaping holes I could not suck?)
So a EVO NANO SOLO taste amazing to me?
A FP taste even better?
I use a MOD for ROSIN??

Sorry @Baron23 REC vs MED maybe?

Chicken #420

List Update!

This is the DHGate good/bad seller list... updated 2017-10-31.

I am including my own experiences, as well as those sellers posted about in this thread by other forum members. I'll keep it alphabetical.

beyond
cleanclearglass
glassdesigner
goesky
hfy_glass
hqp smoking
hymanquartz
rtglassfactory
stevenlmz79
sunshinestore

golden2017

Problem Sellers (Sellers with extra drama, delays, and possibly returns)

kathy0577
glassmr
smokingdogo

dkglobe
glass_artwork

Could you link me to that Diffusion pump sidecar, please?

Diffusion Pump Sidecar from stevenlmz79, 21CM height. Here you go:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-new-18-5cm-height-glass-s-bongs-glass/371413550.html

Last edited:
Chicken #420,
Reactions: Alexis

Baron23

More GonG'S I need for a device I love.

Gong's for your Nano? You out of them again....didn't you recently find one around the house or something?

Re:FP....bit off topic so very quickly, some guys are running it at low temps for flavor, but to me this is a cloud machine intended, as with the EVO, for quick and hard hitting delivery of meds. I doesn't taste bad at all, but flavor is secondary to me when medicating at night for pain.

Cheers and you are never a jerk, in my book.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Gong's for your Nano? You out of them again....didn't you recently find one around the house or something?

Re:FP....bit off topic so very quickly, some guys are running it at low temps for flavor, but to me this is a cloud machine intended, as with the EVO, for quick and hard hitting delivery of meds. I doesn't taste bad at all, but flavor is secondary to me when medicating at night for pain.

Cheers and you are never a jerk, in my book.
@Baron23 your a nice rational person!

I broke my last NANO GonG like really lame of me!
I have some EVO basket's to get me through the day.
More glass on the way.
Tried some other vaporizer's I have however don't give me what I want.

My MOD and ROSIN and KIEF in my nicotine free E-JUICE is not bad really!

Whatever float's your pool toy!

Lot's of bud's in jar's.

ROSIN madness at the movement.

Armerad

Dabbin'

Ah, I see. I actually already have this piece (listed in my forum signature). I wouldn't consider it a sidecar piece, as the mouthpiece is inline with the GonG joint fitting. In my experience, a sidecar piece has the mouthpiece coming out on the left or right side of the can when looking at the piece from the business end, with a 90 degree bend to orient the mouthpiece towards you while looking at the bowl.

On a cheerier note, I think you'll really enjoy the Rattlecan!

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I'm not usually a fan of Reddit, but you can cross reference r/chinaglass sidebar for seller and piece recommendations.

bizwaxzion,
Top Bottom