DHGATE - Aaaaaackkkkk! :) Good/Bad Seller List

Chicken #420

I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!
Just checked my DHGate messages.

Seller "sunshinestore" replied, and claims it was an honest mistake, supposedly the packager grabbed the wrong item off the shelf. Claims it will be fixed and a new pipe will ship soon.

I am hopeful... but I've had scammers promise many things and still not make it right in the end. I've learned with DHGate that until the pipe is in my hands, it's not real yet! ;)

I'll keep watching this one, and report the outcome.

MoltenTiger

FUNCTIONAL MATTER'S = CIVILIZED FRIDAY
It sure does, which is why I'd go for the SOL perc from CCG for an exosphere/egg piece.

I believe @MoltenTiger was referring to the listings with stock images for more high end glass, like Roor, Möbius. They use pictures from the actual glass makers, and almost always send out an inferior product, aka Bait and Switch.
It’s kind of known that there are a few American “glass artists” just buying wholesale and slapping a label on it, that’s the main reason we use DHGate
Yeah, that is what I was meaning. It was probably more common a year ago, but there used to be quite a few listings with a single picture ripped from jfriendly, so the actual product photo from an American retailer. I guess they'd have to bait and switch, but whatever the case it's a classic example of too good to be true and something to be aware of.

For sure some knock offs are great quality, just look at the CCG offerings. Still a far cry from the real deal, but closer than most. Hfy_glass has some decent copies, but the quality is very hit and miss.

@Chicken #420, @JCharles hope your sunshinestore ordeals sort themselves out soon enough!

Chicken #420

...@Chicken #420, @JCharles hope your sunshinestore ordeals sort themselves out soon enough!

Looks like mine might have... I received a message with a new tracking number.
Nothing to do now but wait... and wait... waiiit... waaaaiiiittttt.... and well.... wait some more. Isn't doing business with Chinese merchants fun? :D

I have no worries really... it's going to take a while, but I think "sunshinestore" will make it right. Their communication was fast and to the point, and action was taken quickly to fix the problem. Good for them! :)

D32320

Noob Saibot
Looks like mine might have... I received a message with a new tracking number.
Nothing to do now but wait... and wait... waiiit... waaaaiiiittttt.... and well.... wait some more. Isn't doing business with Chinese merchants fun? :D

I have no worries really... it's going to take a while, but I think "sunshinestore" will make it right. Their communication was fast and to the point, and action was taken quickly to fix the problem. Good for them! :)

Looks like you’re gonna come out of this with a free bong! Congrats!

D32320,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@Chicken #420 that's great news!

I had a new piece from CCG arrive last night. I ordered it Dec 24. I've also had two other orders from Dec 16th arrive.

Will be taking some function videos/photos to post.

Alas, my sunshinestore and a hfy_glass order from Dec 4th still haven't even made it to Canada.
n1JuoZC.jpg

Glass makes the medicine go down!

greenmonky1

The third delay is container port/customs clearance - where the package can languish in a container in port stacks for sometimes a month or more before making it to the postal system. This delay can be super quick, or agonizingly slow. If you see "ISC Los Angeles" in your tracking, be afraid... be very afraid. Only one out of every 3 or 4 packages seems to make it through there in any reasonable length of time... most packages seem to ride out of the place strapped to the backs of very stoned desert turtles, and that's only a slight exaggeration

Have you received your flower beast yet? I'm in the same boat with my straight neck flower beast. How long does it usually take for things to go through ISC Los Angeles in your experience? Mine has been inbound out of customs since October 19:doh:. Have you ever just straight up NOT received a package that went through LA customs? Sorry for all the questions but you're the first person I've seen with exactly the same issue as me.

Chicken #420

Have you received your flower beast yet? I'm in the same boat with my straight neck flower beast. How long does it usually take for things to go through ISC Los Angeles in your experience? Mine has been inbound out of customs since October 19:doh:. Have you ever just straight up NOT received a package that went through LA customs? Sorry for all the questions but you're the first person I've seen with exactly the same issue as me.

My Flower Beast arrived yesterday. I love everything about it... though I want a lower diffusion model with a single perc if they ever make one. My Flower Beast actually went back to China after being refused by ISC Los Angeles customs, and was re-shipped to me... so it's been across the Pacific 3 times! :)

With any pipe, after about 3 weeks I get very concerned... most packages seem to stay in Los Angeles ISC a week or two before moving (as opposed to San Francisco ISC, which seems to move in just a few days), but at the 3 or 4 week point it usually means that the package has been stopped and returned by Customs. The USPS tracking system is so unbelievably retarded that you will NOT receive ANY notice of any kind from them that there has been a customs seizure... which is just plain stupid beyond all comprehension! :(

The Chinese sellers will typically wait for YOU to contact them about it and ask if a package has been returned, as it delays the time until they need to do more work and buy more shipping. I've only had 2 sellers contact me to let me know... most wait for you to message them.

Customs seems to send back about 1 pipe in 12, from my experiences so far. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the seized pipes have been in ISC Los Angeles... I fucking HATE that place! Someone needs to explain to those unbelievably stupid gits that there's nothing illegal about a tubular piece of glass with no residue!
Wankers. :doh:

Hope this info helps... good luck on your Flower Beast, I'm sure you'll like it when it eventually arrives! :)

Last edited:

howie105

I had to replace a friends gas station bong that my K9 minion broke (NOT MY FAULT) so it was off to DHgate for a replacement. On Dec 17 the order went into Hfy glass an here we are Jan 9 with it setting on my desk. Execution was good with no obvious errors or flaws, function is what you would expect out of a 12" beaker (you got to check these things out) and it stacks well with an LSV as a dry piece. Its another thumbs up to Hfy and who knows after a little more pre presentation testing I may have to order one for myself.

greenmonky1

Thanks so much, @Chicken #420. I have only had this problem with pieces ordered from CCG, interestingly enough. My first 2 pieces were both returned from customs, re-shipped (supposedly), and returned to China a second time. Received no communication from them this time, though that might be because I bought it through their own website instead of DHGate. Hope I can get this figured out as they have a number of pieces I'd buy right away if I knew I was going to receive them.

Anyway, just ordered a peyote pillar from steven, and this piece from seller zdglass16 (https://www.dhgate.com/store/20487195#st-navigation-storehome), who I didn't see in your list. Will report back once it comes in (hopefully not through ISC Los Angeles!)

Phenix

@JCharles
can you please tell something about WHICH piece you like the most for which usage (like for vapes/...)?
No offense but seeing nice pieces is nice and all but the opinion on it is more worthwile to read.. atleast for me..

@schranz420

Im located in Germany. PM me if you would like me to order it and forward it - if thats worthwhile for you I might feel like ordering a exo as well.. :)

Chicken #420

This is the DHGate good/bad seller list... updated 2018-01-14

MEGA UPDATE - Sorry for the long delay since the last update, folks... I wanted to see a few purchases resolved before this update, and packages kept getting delayed! :)

I have gone through all your posts and private messages, and tried to add everyone's sellers, but if I missed one or two please repost and I'll make sure your seller is included on the next list.

One other thing... an "Exceptional Sellers" category has been created as of this update, in order to have a place for sellers who have received numerous glowing reports (at least 3, for now), and no reports of bad outcomes. Sellers, beware... you can be moved off this list if bad reports come in! :o

I am including my own experiences, as well as those sellers posted about in this thread and private messaged by other forum members. I'll keep it alphabetical.

Exceptional Sellers (High recommendations from at least 3 sources, no bad reports)

bong_shop
cleanclearglass
headshop420
headshopyx
hf_glass (hfy_glass - Same seller)
hfy_glass (hf_glass - Same seller)
glassmanufacturer
mlglass
reamic (reanices - Same Seller)
reanices (reamic - Same Seller)
stevenlmz79
sunshinestore
yingmin5

Great Sellers (Fast shipping, item as described)

adelaide168
alexglass
bestglass
beyond
bubbler
byxinhuoglass17
calvin_cheng
chinaglass_headshop
chinatrade2011
cleanglasssmoke
cosmicglasscompany
davidglass
driptip
drunk_smoke
enjoyshoping
fengmama
glass_bong
glass888
glassdesigner
goesky
goodsstore
growhighglass
handpipe
hqp smoking
hymanquartz01
kivisdream
ladystar
lamin
lilixia711
majesty9
no1bigship
pengxiaoju
relaxhome
rtglassfactory
seller2019
volcanee
zdglass16

Mixed Reports Sellers (Some great reports, some problematic reports)

dkglobe (kathy0577 - Same seller)
glassartist
kathy0577 (dkglobe - Same Seller)

Problem Sellers (Currently having problems, may or may not get fixed)

yushi888

Problem Sellers (Sellers with extra drama, delays, and possibly returns)

alza
daimoon
justdoit66
qsb13064987222
smokingdogo

Bad Sellers (Uncorrectable problem - scam, wrong, or no item shipped)

amanda1217
glass_artwork
glassmr
golden2017
rundow_glassbong (maizhonggood, maizhongglass - Same sellers)
maizhongglass (maizhonggood, rundow_glassbong - Same sellers)
maizhonggood (rundow_glassbong, maizhongglass - Same sellers)

Seller "yushi888", after seemingly endless delays, finally sent me a beautiful double chambered drinking glass. No, not a pipe... but something sealed off at each end, with no possibility of ever drawing breath (or anything else) through the core. One of the internal diffusers was welded onto the supporting glass inlet pipe, with no hole punched between the two. No conceivable way to ever open it up without tearing the whole pipe apart, so I guess it's an expensive double-mouthed flower vase at this point! :o HOWEVER... this seller continues to impress me with their willingness to continue communicating and correct the problem, and may yet earn a place on the "Good Sellers" list if they follow through on their corrective actions!

One such seller who has recently done exactly that is seller "sunshinestore". I received not only the wrong pipe, but it was broken as well... adding to the fiasco. They responded to my complaint almost immediately, and rush-shipped me the correct pipe. A little over a week, and all is well! Great seller... all DHGate sellers should respond like that, as I now feel like giving "sunshinestore" more business for some reason! :D

Let's keep adding to this list, and help it grow! Please post about your DhGate experience, and I'll keep this list updated! :)

Last edited:

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Wanted to let everyone know you can get a coupon for $20 off any purchase of $21 starting on the 20th.

The coupon is DHGATE18CES

Make sure it's all caps - I'm not sure if you need to add the coupon before the 20th - I added my coupon and will order in a few days.

This is an awesome opp to get a pipe you've been eyeing at a reduced price and or to make your first purchase.

There are a number of items available around the 15-50 range.

*thanks to reddit for this find!!

Last edited:

serialtoker

Still here Still
s1al7hL.jpg

Reanice 30cm tall as photo and flower bowl, shipped to Uk in 7 days £28.99. Well packaged arrived intact. Smooth no chugging, decent quality glass for the price. Amazon

biohacker

Wanted to let everyone know you can get a coupon for $20 off any purchase of $21 starting on the 20th.

The coupon is DHGATE18CES

Make sure it's all caps - I'm not sure if you need to add the coupon before the 20th - I added my coupon and will order in a few days.

Yeah, I think this deal is now dead? Coupon didn't work for me anyways, and many others on Reddit. I snooze I lose!

JCharles

Yeah, I think this deal is now dead? Coupon didn't work for me anyways, and many others on Reddit. I snooze I lose!

Check again on the 20th when the coupon goes live.

There was a bunch of people on Reddit making multiple accounts to take advantage of the deal that shouldn't have even been active yet. Hopefully their greed didn't fuck the rest of usnoutof a discount.

I can't use my coupon but it is sitting in my inventory for use on the 20th.

JCharles

It seems so- I just tried said they are out of coupons.

That's too bad. I might try again tomorrow- it's a huge coupon and easy enough to try.

I guess the guys who tool advantage of the system may have cost us all. I know many of the glass companies check FC and reddit - they may have seen what was happening and complained to the HO?

I do have 1 coupon I'm feeling obliged to use now. I have all ready ordered 4 pieces this month, so what's another.

Sorry for getting your hopes up if the code is bust.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hey a new DHGate thread.
Well my 2 cents are....... sunshine store has been great to me. I've ordered numerous pieces and had quick shipping and no problems every time.

Another store i've had good luck with is Alina0086.

I believe Sunshine Store is a real manufacturer.

See my posts on the cheap bubbler thread here and other spots in the that thread, for pics and links!

Great to see another dhgate thread --- but havin' too many kinda spreads everything out and makes it harder to follow a theme.

Good luck and happy vaping !

Last edited:

RalphsBlend

Just to add some more positive experiences, so far I've only purchased from cleanclearglass and stevenlmz79, been very satisfied with both. Quick shipping for what you pay, very careful packing from both (huge deal for me having occasionally tried to purchase collectibles from China/HK before, one was a model kit the retail box for which showed 3 months later up in nothing but brown paper wrapped around it a couple times, I was shocked it wasn't more broken :uhoh:), and most importantly, both pipes were exactly as pictured. :D

Top Bottom