DHGATE - Aaaaaackkkkk! :) Good/Bad Seller List

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I ordered a piece from yingmin5 after hearing some positive feedback but I have to report the experience was not positive. The piece did arrive quickly, but the 14mm joint is not round and the included bowl rocks back and forth about 1/8th inch. This fitment allows air to leak past. I messaged the seller and got some song and dance about how it would not effect function and I should be happy with it, eventually offering a 5 dollar coupon (which would be worthless because I won't buy his crap anymore).

Anyone know if I can somehow 'adjust' the 14mm joint with some ultra-fine (600-1000 grit) wet sanding?

Alexis

I ordered a piece from yingmin5 after hearing some positive feedback but I have to report the experience was not positive. The piece did arrive quickly, but the 14mm joint is not round and the included bowl rocks back and forth about 1/8th inch. This fitment allows air to leak past. I messaged the seller and got some song and dance about how it would not effect function and I should be happy with it, eventually offering a 5 dollar coupon (which would be worthless because I won't buy his crap anymore).

Anyone know if I can somehow 'adjust' the 14mm joint with some ultra-fine (600-1000 grit) wet sanding?
I would suggest that you try to be more insistent with the seller for a more fair resolution which they owe you and nothing less. If I was in your shoes I would perhaps use the same approach I use myself, and tactfully make the seller aware of the existence of this thread using the specific x good and bad seller lists, and blag that this is some great collaborative internet Enterprise where us vaporists all converge and share our experiences with the masses.

I would tell them that they have up until now held a place in the good sellers list but if this problem is not resolved the moderators have agreed to move the seller into the unresolved problems list until the problem has been resolved.

Equivocate as best you can being as truthful as possible because the more truth in your slightly bent story the stronger it will hold generally and the more conviction you will have telling it.

Just be blunt and insistent but polite and kind of formal in how you do this and see what you get and please come back and reports if you try this I think you need to because this just is not acceptable them sending you an inferior piece and trying to cop out of it.

And make the point specifically to them that they should realise they have established a good reputation for themselves and this forum is serving them well in that respect encouraging confidence in many people who visit these pages. Try and Express it like that and then ask them why would they like to jeopardize this over below par item?

Good luck bro I hope you try it. Failing that I would open a dispute via DHgate I am confident the seller would agree to a much better compromise if not a full refund or replacement.

Try this and do let us know please. Enjoy your weekend buddy. :tup:

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses

I have in the past had to complain about a badly formed joint on a drop down. I sent pictures of the joint together, along with the end of a paperclip inserted to show how there was a large enough gap and explained to them that it was not sealing properly.

Alexis

I dislike long drawn out issues with sellers. I will, however, tell each person I discuss DHgate glass with about the poor experience and won't be sending any more of my business to yingmin5.
I respect that, but it doesnt need to be drawn out. If it qhauickly gets you a new bong for no cost (the ONLY right and fair solution), then it may be worth sendong a short message insisting on the fair resolution.

Just be blunt and to point:- Im not happy with this. You have established a good reputation in the good sellers list on the busy internet forums I frequent however the moderators have agreed that should this situation not be resolved fairly and properly that you will be placed into the problems to be resolved list until further notice which will surely harm your business as many people are strongly influenced through this forum thread to know which sellers to trust and which to avoid.
I would like a full refund or a replacement piece which is functional and a satisfactory please or else I will have to report my honest experience with you which will lead to the result I describe above.

Something along those lines anyway just keep it brief I mean it will only take a few minutes and it could save you what $30 at least? Whatever you decide though bro is cool of course. I just think we need to stand up to the sellers as a community if we all demand and expect this standard and get them to up their game without having to go out of our way at all....

Well it makes sense to me to try anyway nothing to lose except a few minutes.:)

LabPong

Typically....if you have an issue with a glass product from the sellers on dhgate.....I found that you have to be ready for them to not accept what you want with their first replay to your bringing the issue to their attention after you receive the piece.

Even if you show pics and stuff at first...they will just try to defuse the issue with the least costly or timely to them. So...on your second replay back....be firm and hold your ground. Send pics that are clear to the issue and give as much detailed info as possible to describe or show the issue.

I have always found that if you back it up with good pics....and do not accept their $5 off typical response...you will get what you want. Many times I have got full refund or resend if not too expensive piece.

Good luck.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I prefer to purchase from sellers who care about their work. I requested that the seller send a replacement, they refused twice - apparently not concerned about what they send out. No problem - each time I look at it, I'll remember why I don't buy glass from yingmin5.

Credit where credit is due - I purchased a piece from stevenlmz79 months ago which finally arrived successfully. There were some issues but the seller communicated promptly and took responsibility were appropriate resulting in a happy customer. Each time I look at it I'll be tempted to load up dhgate and browse stevenlmz79's store.

biohacker

I didn't have the best experience with stevenlmz79 after my last issues with glass that arrived chipped, and then a mold change on a mobius clone. In the end I was out money due to having to re-sell.... all he did was dangle a carrot and I bit, and regretted it. Just my experience...he tried, but it took over 3 weeks, and still I was left unhappy....having to spend even more money just to be let down in the end.

It's all about Clean and Clear Glass for me! And my sunshine store experience was awesome too. I just feel both are better quality than what i've received from popular glass.... no scuffs, etc. Your miles may vary of course!

LabPong

I will say.....sunshinestore is a super solid choice. I always get exactly what is pictured and it comes fast....always! I was lucky to purchase from them on my maiden voyage with dhgate.....and continue to use them as my go to if they have what I want.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
, it's like aladdin's cave:o
Yes, lots of pretty sparkly stuff at great prices, I think I may have a bit of a glass collecting problem picked up from DHGate, you have been warned!
Stick to the best sellers to start with before going for the real cheap stuff off sellers with short pasts, that way you will at least have one good piece to keep you going.

Nina

Thanks for the advice @LesPlenty;)
The difference in price between pieces on there and items in the online head shops is astounding!
I have quite a thing for glass ornaments as it is so I am mesmerized by all this glassware:love:

Last edited:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Since using the DHGate app on my iphone i encountered 2x credit card frauds and i am pretty sure it has something to so with the app...just wanted to warn or ask if anybody else encountered something like that...?

Last edited:

D32320

Noob Saibot
rBVaSVs66JWAdcplAAHj69iqahI545.jpg
Hey everyone, recently ordered this rig from Stevenlmz79, and it arrived leaking from the bottom. I sent pictures and a message and am currently waiting a reply.
https://m.dhgate.com/product/19cm-t...l-rigs-good/402189116.html?invitorid=EjU7jy4a

On a more positive note, I received this as well from yingmin5.
rBVaSluHoIiACKO6AAJxEG663gA905.jpg

This piece is pretty nice for the price, about $21.37.

https://dhgate.com/product/new-small-portable-glass-bong-glass-smoking/415629248.html

One thing to note is that the sizes on both of the rigs are slightly different than described. They are both 14mm, however the YingMin piece is closer to 7.5” or 20cm, not 8”. The Steven piece is closer to 21 cm, not 19cm.

D32320

Noob Saibot
Great customer service by Stevenlmz, or Popularglass. I’ve ordered from them in the past but this is the first time I’ve ever had an issue. I let them know my problem and they asked for a video instead of pictures which is absolutely reasonable. They said they would replace it once they see the leak.

Top Bottom