Desktop vaporizer comparison

jarr92

Hopefully this thread is posted in the right area.
I have a pax 3 and Vapcap M for portables, and am looking for a desktop plug-in unit to hookup to my bong for $100-$150

Some options I've seen:
V tower
Vapolution 2.0
Homegrown Logs

Does anyone have experience with all 3 that could compare? Or would there be a better option for the price? Thanks for the info!

jarr92,

rosedale

I agree with @Squiby

A log-style vaporizer is the way to go. Look at Underdog and Ed's TnT. If you are in the US, you can look at the nano too but you might need some sort of step-down coverter if you are in Europe or somewhere else.

jarr92

Thanks for the information! I guess I will lean towards going with a log style vape. Can you tell me why though, that a log vape would be better then something like the v-tower or vapolution 2.0? Is it just build quality? Efficiency? Again, I will look into getting a log.. just trying to understand why :tup:

jarr92,
Reactions: Squiby

little maggie

First I would definitely not recommend the vapolution 2. I found the stem way too fragile and it's in my discard pile. Also I think there are a lot of log fans here. I also have several logs which I really like- they are beautiful and simple so virtually unbreakable. If you live outside the US, homegrown logs would be a great option. But I would also recommend the Arizer EQ which gives you both balloon and whip use (with Ddave mods). Having dual use is what I like about the EQ over the tower. I also got a used vabor brothers box which I really like. If you don't find the hand made style of a log don't buy one but get something else. I've found that I really like whips which is why I sometimes use the eq or vb instead of one of my logs. (And yes I could use a whip with the log but I haven't.)

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have used all three and all have their merits.
It all depends on what you are after.
A log vape can be left on 24/7 so it is always ready to hit.
The V Tower/EQ takes a few minutes to heat up but you have many options here:
Direct draw, whips, attach to bong, bags
See @DDave for some serious mods to improve performance!
Vapolution 2 is a great little vape. Think of it as full manual! If you are not concentrating you can easily burn a load. When done right it is awesome! Lots of glass so fragile...

It's a tough choice but i would go with a log vape again!
I have 2 EQ's here, you can have one if you want!
And i gave my Vapolution 2 away many years ago.
I miss the log the most though! very versatile vapes!

Check out the:
E-Nano
UnderDog
Home grown Logs
WoodScents

All top vapes that will last you a lifetime!

rosedale

Thanks for the information! I guess I will lean towards going with a log style vape. Can you tell me why though, that a log vape would be better then something like the v-tower or vapolution 2.0? Is it just build quality? Efficiency? Again, I will look into getting a log.. just trying to understand why :tup:

Personally, I like logs because they are simple but can do a lot, they are extremely efficient, and they can be left on 24/7. I run mine both dry and through water. With a small load they are the most efficient style of vaporizers bar none but you can pack a little more and still get huge clouds. It is a very simple mechanism so there is a much smaller chance for failure. I don't have personal experience with the other two that you mentioned so I can't speak to them specifically but I have several logs and they will do everything that I need.

rosedale,

jarr92

When looking for E Nano's in my price range I bargained with someone to give me a barely used plently for $120.. All the attachments. Any reason I shouldn't pick it up for that price? Thanks

Edit: Epicvapes is having a 420 sale so an E-Nano + bong attachment would be $170 with shipping. Not really sure if it's worth an extra $50 over the plenty.... Too many choices haha

Last edited:
jarr92,

jarr92

Also just want to mention I tried inquiring with Rastavape about ordering a Home Grown Log, but haven't heard back in awhile so figured the wait time would probably be awhile (understandably).

jarr92,

Baron23

I agree with much of the above....for a desktop in that price range, get a log vape and don't look back.

Enano, HI, Ed's Woodscent, whatever kind of log.

They hit hard, are VERY efficient with small load sizes, and are rugged and durable.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Another log lover. They are near indestructable, they can be left on, they can give a good high with small amounts of cannabis, and they can also do aromatherapy, which means my girlfriend likes them, too. You can use a whip with a log. The draw stems and a dry bubbler are my preference. All of the log vapes are different...I personally am a huge fan of Underdog vapes and Heat Island/Toasty Top as they both can use the same stems, both glass and stainless steel tipped stems. There is a wait depending on what you order from heat island. My favorite is definitely the ss tipped stems for one really thick and milky almost smoke like hit. I have respect for the enano and the woodscents and I would LOVE to try them, I just haven't yet.

I have found that bags are great for parties, but I don't have those experiences anymore. lol Once and a while I use a whip with one of my logs, but just for giggles. I don't really prefer tubing. I don't like cleaning it, I don't like how it smells when it's old. I can't really see the vapor. For those reasons, the fancy systems just don't really work for me. I just give my mom a stem of her choice and some weed and a bag to blow out the stem when done and I grab a stem and we just pass the log back and forth. If I had a bunch of people over it would make sense to have a bag of vapor. But....I would experiment with a vapor lung first. lol

The Plenty is a handheld that isn't designed to be set down while running. You can get a stand for it, or be creative yourself. It's also electronic, so there are many things that can go wrong with it, compared to the very few parts in a log vape. The Plenty has a HUGE bowl and I don't know about you, but I do not like the taste of a bowl that has only been partially vaped. I gotta use it all up in one session or it's just AVB to me. Sometimes I don't want a huge amount of weed. Log vapes have much smaller bowls...some bigger than others, but all tiny when compared to the Plenty. Instead of one giant bowl I pack a couple tiny bowls for myself. One is a session vape, and one is not. You would never dream of loading a new Plenty bowl for every guest. But Everyone gets their own bowl with a log vape. Look up videos of people using both vapes and then imagine you being one of those people. At one point I really really wanted a Plenty...but my tastes have changed and I would no longer want that black and orange thing sitting around my living room. My gf would laugh every time I pulled it out and I would never hear the end of it. lol

There is no right answer. I don't know you or your needs and desires very well, but I hope I made it easier to figure out what model you desire.

Last edited:

jarr92

Ah okay thank you for all the information! It definitely helps refine exactly what I'm looking for, much appreciated. One question though, do you have any experience using the Plenty liquid pad with 1/2 packed herb bowl? I've read that's the best option for having a smaller bowl. Wondering if anyone has experience with that, as that is my primary concern with the Plenty. Thanks!

jarr92,

Esoteric

Pot Head formerly Septon Sefton
When looking for E Nano's in my price range I bargained with someone to give me a barely used plently for $120.. All the attachments. Any reason I shouldn't pick it up for that price? Thanks

Edit: Epicvapes is having a 420 sale so an E-Nano + bong attachment would be $170 with shipping. Not really sure if it's worth an extra $50 over the plenty.... Too many choices haha

$120 is a bargain.

I went from spending £200 a week on weed to less than £200 a month, so my nano was a bargain at any price.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Ah okay thank you for all the information! It definitely helps refine exactly what I'm looking for, much appreciated. One question though, do you have any experience using the Plenty liquid pad with 1/2 packed herb bowl? I've read that's the best option for having a smaller bowl. Wondering if anyone has experience with that, as that is my primary concern with the Plenty. Thanks!
The liquid pad can lower the amount you have to stuff in it, but it's still a very, very wide bowl. It's meant to give you plenty of vapor. They dosing capsules which I believe work with the plenty as well as volcano, but I haven't used those. Personally I would probably prefer them over the to the liquid pad, but it's just speculation.

There is a further thought to consider, too. The community behind the products as well as the company that here's the vape. I can't speak of the companies I haven't used, but they do have a reputation. Enano customer service has long been praised here, and the same is true for underdog... But having used UD, they are on another level. It feels more like a family than it does a company. S&B will most certainly not be putting the same level of care in their packages as small little tiny mom and pop companies like underdog and vapcap and enano.
@underdogette will hook you up and work with her if you contact her directly. They got the sweet deal going on right now, too.

Whatever you do, have fun with it. And yes, vaping will save you lots of money in potential. As long as you don't use even more, that's why I need a vape that can do tiny to medium sized bowls. When I had a bag vape I was burning through weed like it was

ginolicious

I really enjoyed the Vapir Rise 2.0 as a desktop. Very efficient and easy to use and clean. I would take a look at that to broaden your selection.

ginolicious,

Doktor Dub

A Log and the Plenty are like the total Opposites of the Desktop Vape World... if you try to decide between this two it could very well mean that you should do mmore Reading in the Threads and that you don t know yet what you want in a Vape.

Don tget this wrong, not meant to sound rude but to help you doing a good Decision. :2c:

Doktor Dub,

jarr92

Not taken as rude at all. I've done quite a bit of reading, been a lurker here for awhile. I'm just super indecisive and there are too many good choices, haha. My plan was to get a log to run through water, but after seeing the Plenty for $120 it made me hesitate. At that price I could probably use it, see if I like it, then resell it and get a log of my choosing if I wasn't satisfied. I'm probably making this more complicated then it has to be, lol.

TeeJay1952

@jarr92 top thinking in terms of one time purchase. you don't know the questions much less the answers till you experience them. You are on you way to becoming a Vaporologist. It is a lifetime pursuit. There are so many branches within the major. Convection, Conduction, Whip, Stem Bowl, Dab, Portable (with a minor in Batteries care and feeding), Plugin, Butane, Microdosing and Munchies.
Have Fun
Tee Jay 1952:rockon::myday:

vbeazy

Don't be persuaded, everyone has opinions. It's important to seek out what you like most, but I understand it can be a costly experience. For me a log vaporizer didn't cut it, my CRZ didn't produce clouds like my whip vaporizers. I never fell in love. That said the E Nano tempts even myself, and would compliment the heavy hitters nicely.

Given the choices I'd buy the Extreme Q.. & what a generous offer from lazy!

Also consider the Vapor Brothers, DBV, & SSV.

little maggie

I agree about the EQ and vaporbrothers. But if you decide to get a log you are still going to be dealing with personal opinions. I think there are more enano owners around than other logs so they get quite a bit of support. I think I have all the US made logs: enano, hi, underdog, woodscent. If you can afford the woodscent it's great to use in combo with the vapcap and comes with some good stems. For less money I would get the underdog. They are also having a sale and although it's only 10% it also comes with a mini dog. The reason I like the underdog is that it includes a choice of 4 stems and there are quite a few options. If you look at the page you can also choose warmer or cooler heat level and choice of temp control.
(But for $120 I'd get the enano.)

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: Squiby

bigbossgrayfox03

I would highly reccomend the Vapolution 2.0. Converted my friends and family (5 people total) to the upside down/sideways vape-bong method and they all love it. I had a volcano and it never got me to the level a crisp VBH (Vapolution Bong Hit) got me.

For the price it can't be beat. There is definitely a learning curve to using this, but in my opinion it's absolutely worth learning -- the all glass pathway is something to rave about. The taste is phenomenal. Very easy to clean also. Did I mention the huge clouds? And the price allowed me to buy another unit for car use.

Broke an All in Wonder bowl when I first started out but after that I changed my methods of cleaning and never had a problem (no more holding it under hot water with my hand lol). I still use the all in wonder bowl but it but the water (especially warm water, super thumbs up!) is my go-to since vapor from any vape will dry your throat out.

My brother is a stubborn guy and even he got into it and hits more bowls then I do now haha. Very efficient on the greens, and the cool thing is literally everybody who I know that has the 2.0 has their own style/setup of using either the AIWB (all in wonder bowl) or the VB so it's very customizable. Over time you will slowly develop your own preferences and also the range of heat on the knob.

I sold my volcano btw. And I have a Davinci Ascent which is great for portable, but nothing gets me as medicated or has better taste than the Vapolution 2.0. I look forward to coming home to hit this -- each strain tastes so unique.

I love this vape and I'm sad it didn't get more recognition, but I'm glad I converted so many people from smoking to this, all using the vape bong method -- that's how strong of a hit you can get with a tall ass bong!

The biggest flaw for me is the portability aspect, but since you have a portable I would very much recommend the 2.0

Cheers and good luck in your decision

edit: oh shoot I also owned an extreme q! It was my very first vape (brother looked it up on ebay and I copied him) I didn't quite like the way it smelled or tasted... the setup of the heater combined with the metallic screens didn't taste good to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom