• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Designing my Vape - next steps?

ac1dg

Hi guys, sorry for leaving you waiting like that! I was very busy the last months and finally finished my degree. So more time for progress on the vape :)

As mentioned before, I went open source on GitHub. Rebuilding it is very difficult right now, since the whole project is in a messy state and I tried some new stuff like welding the heater coils or power saving techniques.

I also tried Bluetooth LE using a very tiny and cheap board. It works astonishing well... So there will be some updates on that soon.

First however, I will try to clean up the mess and add instructions so you guys can see how the device is built and maybe built one yourself - CNC milling or etching PCBs is not mandatory. My first prototype was all made by hand...

ChaiLifeOR

Hi guys, sorry for leaving you waiting like that! I was very busy the last months and finally finished my degree. So more time for progress on the vape :)

As mentioned before, I went open source on GitHub. Rebuilding it is very difficult right now, since the whole project is in a messy state and I tried some new stuff like welding the heater coils or power saving techniques.

I also tried Bluetooth LE using a very tiny and cheap board. It works astonishing well... So there will be some updates on that soon.

First however, I will try to clean up the mess and add instructions so you guys can see how the device is built and maybe built one yourself - CNC milling or etching PCBs is not mandatory. My first prototype was all made by hand...
I really wish I weren’t a broke ho on SSI so I could actually contribute financially to making this happen.

It’s looking like a perfect cross between the MFLB and the Firefly(no not the 2 even though I have one,) the 2 most effective vapes I’ve found on the market. For me.

ChaiLifeOR,

ac1dg

Hi everyone,
I was busy since the last post :)
I wrote parts of the wiki for the old version of my vaporizer. It should be easier to build, if you are interested.
Also, I was experimenting with a nRF51822 module to get Bluetooth for the vaporizer. However, I am quite new to the whole ARM stuff so I'm struggling a bit with PWM and BLE.

Does someone of you have experience in programming on ARM Cortex M0 with mBed? Or even better the nRF51 series?

ac1dg

To connect the vape with an app :)
I already have an app for the old prototype which shows battery state, temperature and PID settings. You can also see a graph for temperature and heating power in real-time. This is what makes the vaporizer quite unique and is what people find most interesting. See here:
fatty.jpg

The old prototype uses an HC-05 module, which is too big for the next prototype with integrated battery. I found some nRF51822 modules (WT51822-S4AT) which are tiny and can be programmed. So it's an all in one solution. I got the code sort of working but sometimes it freezes and keeps the heat at 100%...

Top Bottom