• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

dependable, reliable vape for sessions away from home

Status
Not open for further replies.

worst egg ever

I am excited to get a vaporizer, and I know that lots of my friends would love to try it and like the idea of avoiding combustion. Spliffs are popular here so avoiding the mixed in tobacco is also a big draw.

On the other hand, when we meet up and smoke we have up to 6ish people smoking one after another for up to 3-5 hours.

It has to be easy to bring from one place to another, and it has to be dependable.

worst egg ever,

worst egg ever

So, you are looking for a portable?

Yes.

Currently I am leaning towards the Solo which I could plug in for longer sessions, but I don't know if that would wind up being a lot of kit to cart around and make the whole thing a bit of a chore.

worst egg ever,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
You need to determine how much work you want to do sharing a vape with 6 people. Most portable vapes are good for one to two people. The solo might be good for 3, but I imagine there's going to be a lot of reloading going on to get 6 people ripped.

Some desktop vapes might be a better option because you can load once and get quite a few people ripped without reloading. The downside would be the larger package to carry around.

The solo is a great portable option, but I don't know if it's the best option if you plan on regularly sharing with so many people.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
For portable, reliable and strong hitting I recommend either the Lotus or Solo. The only problem with the Lotus is you will have to learn how to use it and then you will have to teach others during the sessions. With six people I would get exhausted teaching all night. But everyone I have taught it to gets it quickly and loves it.

As for the Solo, Vicki is right on, imo. I have the Solo, Ed's wooden stem and a regular JyARz that I hold together with a rubber band. If you pre-grind what you want into the JyARz (and it holds plenty) you can go for a long time with the Solo. With the wooden stem it is brainless and is not going to break. You just pack it and pass it. All you have to tell people is to suck on it and don't pull the stem out...good to go. I hear people all the time say the Solo is only good for one or two people, three at most. But I have consistently shown up at parties with the same group of people and effectively taken care of up to six users...two of us heavies. And they all love it and ask me to bring it.

My Solo has Centizen's after-market battery in it, which holds a lot of charge for a long time, but it is one of the older models that does not work while charging. If you get the newer model that you can use while charging, you should be good to go for as many and as long as you like (bring an extension cord for easy passing around). I consider this to be a portable desktop experience that has been a real hit with my friends. If you go to puffitup.com and use the code Solo160, you can get all this for $207 plus shipping from one place.

After I got this Solo set up and my Lotus I got rid of my other portables since they weren't getting any use.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Plenty is a great option. Hand held, long cord, long vape times, huge cart, hits like a Volcano (same company), tough as hell, a great party vape, with strong lung buster hits... you just need power.

For festivals and off the grid settings, I used an inverter off my car's battery with the Plenty:D
Aside from needing power, I think it is a helluva option for your situation. I travelled with mine for two years before going to more personal, smaller travel vapes.

worst egg ever

For portable, reliable and strong hitting I recommend either the Lotus or Solo. The only problem with the Lotus is you will have to learn how to use it and then you will have to teach others during the sessions. With six people I would get exhausted teaching all night. But everyone I have taught it to gets it quickly and loves it.

As for the Solo, Vicki is right on, imo. I have the Solo, Ed's wooden stem and a regular JyARz that I hold together with a rubber band. If you pre-grind what you want into the JyARz (and it holds plenty) you can go for a long time with the Solo. With the wooden stem it is brainless and is not going to break. You just pack it and pass it. All you have to tell people is to suck on it and don't pull the stem out...good to go. I hear people all the time say the Solo is only good for one or two people, three at most. But I have consistently shown up at parties with the same group of people and effectively taken care of up to six users...two of us heavies. And they all love it and ask me to bring it.

My Solo has Centizen's after-market battery in it, which holds a lot of charge for a long time, but it is one of the older models that does not work while charging. If you get the newer model that you can use while charging, you should be good to go for as many and as long as you like (bring an extension cord for easy passing around). I consider this to be a portable desktop experience that has been a real hit with my friends. If you go to puffitup.com and use the code Solo160, you can get all this for $207 plus shipping from one place.

After I got this Solo set up and my Lotus I got rid of my other portables since they weren't getting any use.
Wow, that's pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear. I've seen the Solo recommended tons but never by anyone specifically mentioning my goals, so its great to have confirmation, thanks. puffitup.com seems to be out of the batteries, though, and since I am not in the US I emailed them about international shipping, because that price is pretty fantastic, thanks for the tip!

I'm not sure if it's obvious, but to be able to charge the Solo while using it you have to buy the extra charging unit also? The charging cable it comes with won't actually let you vape plugged in?

Last edited by a moderator:
worst egg ever,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
you don't need to buy extra batts. You need to make sure that the unit you are buying is one of the newer versions that can be used while charging. A quick contact to puffitup ought to answer it for you.

Edit: I just checked the puffitup product page and it says it is the latest version you want. I'm not sure if it requires a different charger...that's worth looking into.

stickstones,
Reactions: 215z

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
There is no need for the Power Adapter with a new solo, you now can use it plugged in with the provided charger. The PA is an accessory for older models, most units for sale by vendors by now will be newer and work with just the charger.

Last edited:

hoptimum

I've used the Solo in group settings and it works pretty well. Occasionally, you might give it a rest between users to let it get back up to temp. I wouldn't count on the battery lasting more than a couple hours of use, though. I've also used the Iolite and Ascent in those settings and they perform pretty well, too.

hoptimum,
Reactions: Vicki
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom