Dental hygiene dilemma: should I give up my VW 3G or VB hands free?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Dilemma. I offered to a friend of mine who is my best supplier that I'd pick him up a vaporizer, and to that I bought a used Vapor Brothers hands free in brand new condition for $80.
I told him we could just trade for vaporizables, figuring it's win win since he gets his wares wholesale and i would buy it anyway.
the problem is that I really like it. I also really like the Vapor Warez 3G, also hands free. I like them both.
Yes, they are very similar but there are subtle differences.
The Brothers is in new condition - well last week it was.
The Warez not so, but I like it just as much.
I know that I'll part with one of them but I don't know which.

So what should I do? How shall I proceed?

Sleeper%27sDilemma.jpg

jeffp,

stinkmeaner

No brainer for me. Just keep the Vapor Brothers, its newer, the dark coffee color kicks ass, and in my opinion it has a better heating element design.

stinkmeaner,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Mine is the lighter blonde color, not the dark coffee color.
I think you might be right though - I didn't expect to like the VB as much as I do.
And the heater in the VW has a bit of wobble, however I think the VW wand feels more durable than the VB.

jeffp,

stinkmeaner

The wands are brittle for sure, especially the point where they attach to the tubing. I have been thinking about getting the wand that they use on the Vaportower, the one that you load the herbs between the two screens, this way you will never have to worry about anything falling onto the heating element.

stinkmeaner,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Jeff IS flipping out.
Road fatigue.
We got to get him out of here before Zappa finds out and steals it, and makes him do it in the movie.

(I'm stealing the room!)

macbill,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It's that damn Nixon; ever since he was elected nothing's gone right.

RichardNixonFarewell.jpg

jeffp,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Jeff:

I was quoting verbatum from Frank Zappa's 200 Motels movie. In it, there is a cartoon sequence with a band member, Jeff, who is thinking of leaving the band while on tour, to "Quit the comedy group and get your own group together..Yeah! Heavy!! Like Grand Funk!! Or Black Sabbath!!".

The sequence was called "Dental Hygiene Delimma". The movie is burned into my brain from seeing it in an extreme chemically altered state (and, of course, listening to the soundtrack a kazillion times). Your subject line set off a garb-alanche of humorous memories. My weirdness.

Move along, move along. Nothing for you to see here. Move along....

macbill,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Try it on steaks

Sell it to your mother and tell her its a wristwatch.

What!

What can I.......

macbill,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
jeffp said:
Night after night, dinners with Herb Cohen....
does this kind of life look interesting to you? As a Rock R-rated player in a comedy group?

This talk of 200 Motels made me re-listen to parts of it: yeah, I still like it. Filmed in 7 days, I think. That orchestra tried to break their contract: they didn't know who Zappa was at first. Theodore Bikel was (apparently) at one time, a pretty big English star. He played the devil dressed up in the military outfit. And Ringo. Yeah, big role.

Take another quarter out
drop it in the meter box
and try me on for size.

(Oooo the way you squeeze me, honey,
Red balloons just pop behind my eyes......)

macbill,
Top Bottom