• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Demonoid Registrations are open!

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
damn, i used up one of my friends invites to get in :lol:
whats this site?

edit: ok i kno what it is! cool you can download ANYTHING you want...SIGN UP NOW.. dont miss out

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

WavyGravy

a bugger!!

if anyone wants to give me a birthday gift... :D (by birthdays in august btw :p)

WavyGravy,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
WTF, I posted 2 reg codes but now they are gone.... :/ If mods dont want us talking about this stuff, they should just say it.

SpiralArchitect,

bongoman

Hey Spiral, I saw your codes and was lucky enough to grab one before they disappeared. Many thanks!

bongoman,

youdontknowme

i guess they are both used now? i tried using ihl..... and 0t4.... but neither worked. pm? oh well.... i used to have an acct, rzrz i think, but cant recover the pass. :( now its just isohunt and tpb, etc.

youdontknowme,

mrshock486

man, i was wondering what you were writing. stupid me lol
cheers SA, that was real nice of you. Hope everyone's new year was sweet!

p.s. if anyone could bring some snow plows and salt to vancouver, that'd be real nice.
p.p.s. chargers!!

mrshock486,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yup, they are used up.

:lol: My bad about posting it in the wrong spot and accusing those ' damn mods' :p Blame it on the chronic.... :brow:

If I am able to, I can give out some more invite codes later this week. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Please use this link : http://www.Demonoid.com/register.php?with_invite=1

9gs3kngs2grf998bn4yu36d7q5jpgbtw8ycil29

feisp5is9lnhzzy71e9ubrwx18mmeckhu

i6mkjkz3qmhu41a2tao3gegpg4i52efmcax0q

d3h04ln39u15iscako5dzmi8v0upidaqtu1

Enjoy guys, i use UTorrent for all my downloading needs, filled up a 500 gig external hd with movies and music in no time.

Survivalism,

bongoman

stonemonkey, it's a torrent download site. You download a small torrent file from the site then open the torrent in something like uTorrent and it then downloads the complete file. It's a form of P2P file sharing, especially suited to large files.

bongoman,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Torrents when used and set up correctly can give you insanely fast download speeds, i typically download movies with 4000 seeders ( 4000 people are uploading this file to me ) in 10-20 minutes. Unfortunatly you may not have as much success as i have gotten using a torrent client, but i am confident in saying that the only place i will ever download anything again is through a torrent site, or rapidshare.

Survivalism,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Of course we don't condone piracy here at fuckcombustion. But I'm sure you're all downloading open source software and uncopyrighted material.

-asshole mod

:)

vtac,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Of coarse, any movies i download are movies that i myself have bought and uploaded so i could move them from one computer to another. Who wants to be bothered with carrying around a dvd, psh.:rolleyes:

Survivalism,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
2ztbwrb.gif

Affirmative, matey. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vtac said:
Of course we don't condone piracy here at fuckcombustion. But I'm sure you're all downloading open source software and uncopyrighted material.

-asshole mod

:)
another saved quote for my bag of quotes :lol:

Hennessy1414,

youdontknowme

Thanks Survivalism! d3h... is now used :)

Torrents at school tend to run pretty fast, I downloaded red alert 3 the day it came out in about 50 minutes, its a little over a 6 gig file. Boy do i love internet2 and my .edu peers! 7-10 mbps is more common however.

Have fun everybody!

youdontknowme,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Weird and lucky for you that your school is not throttoling you internet usage, my brother has access to t3 in his dorm but anyone that is caught using a torrent gets their internet access restricted ( he has been working in IT for 3 years now )

Survivalism,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:bowdown: school connections.

But please, no warez discussion.

vtac,

youdontknowme

Survivalism said:
Weird and lucky for you that your school is not throttoling you internet usage, my brother has access to t3 in his dorm but anyone that is caught using a torrent gets their internet access restricted ( he has been working in IT for 3 years now )
well, i dont think you could come close to pulling down 20mpbs off of a shared T3, but if your school has nice fiber (OC48+) then you are really talking.

our school's netops does ban you for many different violations of the TOS like running your network interface in promiscuous mode, or running a rogue DHCP server/NAT. but as far as torrents go they just block that particular protocol, just as they block gnutella. they also block any files served over http with the torrent MIME type, which prevents you from getting the .torrent files in the first place.

but using utorrent (or any decent torrent client) and either an independent ssh server or tor, you can setup firefox to use that proxy to grab your torrent files (demonoid can serve in plaintext, which is great) and then tunnel the tracker communication over SOCKS using your method of choice. enable/force protocol encryption so that you dont need to run p2p traffic through tor as that slows tor way down. then make sure you report your correct external ip to the tracker (not that of your ssh box or tor exit node) and use things like peer exchange to help counteract the tracker latency that you'll undoubtedly have. torrents run this way are slow to start but if you have a nice pipe courtesy of your school you can undoubtedly always get through the other side no matter what they tell you. if done correctly even dht should still work.

this being said, anyone who knows the right people at school (this can include the IT dept!) should be able to clue you in on any local DC hubs, which is way better. last time i checked our DC had 70 terabytes(!) shared by ~200 users.

youdontknowme,
Top Bottom