Deciding on a vape: Arizer Air, Pax 2, Davinci IQ, MFLB. Info, opinions, suggestions welcomed.

MFLB, AA, PAX 2, or Davinci IQ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Masacr

How we doin' FC? Let me first say I have read through quite a few threads on a wide variety of vapes over the past few months and have learned a lot from everyone here. I've seen a few members from FC on Vape Critic's forum as well. Glad to be here, glad to have you all here, and thank you to all involved!

I have always been a smoker, but have been using a loaner vape for a few months now. It is beginning to break down and I plan buying my friend a replacement. Once I do this, I will not have a vape to use anymore. That ain't good, so I started my research a few months back and I would just go off and buy a volcano, which I will do in the future, but that is not the best option for me right now. I need a more portable vape that gives me the best experience possible for price essentially.

I narrowed it down to the Arizer Air, the Pax 2, the MFLB, and the Davinci IQ. Although, I would be open to any other vape suggestions. These just seem to be the best options that suite what I need/want and the most reliable, best quality vapes according to most reviews I have read here, on Vape Critic, and elsewhere.

I am looking for maximum flavor, good/smooth/potent vapor production, reliability, good battery life, and portability.

My concerns with the Davinci IQ:
  • I have seen some people complain about the ceramic zirconia oven and vapor path and its possibility of cracking.
  • Oven discoloration/staining occurring faster than normal? Any effects?
  • Poor CS?
  • Oven size a bit large, but they have spacers. (Out of Stock now)
  • Price about $300 with 3 extra 18650 batteries ($310 bout with spacers)
  • Overall seems like a great vape, but do have those few concerns.
MFLB: $230 about with an extra glass stem, power adapter, car charger, couple extra batteries, and shipping
  • limited portability when using PA. Stuck to car or wall.
  • Batteries don't last long, 1 trench max bout, lose temp control
  • Constant stirring
Pax 2: $220 about with half pack lid and extra screens
  • Seems like a better option than the PAX 3.
  • Not worried about concentrates or apps (no smart phone)
  • Concerned about taste and quality of vapor
  • Any plastic or mechanical stuff in vapor path or by heater?
  • Complaint of weird smells/tastes from some people, most seem to be from lack of cleaning...or...?
  • Overall, seems like a great vape.
Arizer Air: $200 about with 2 extra 18650 batteries
  • Warrantee isn't 10 years, but heard its pretty reliable
  • Draw resistance, but can be fixed by pulling stem out a hair or using a screen?
  • Heard good things about the Air. The solo too, but Air a bit more portable and I dig the removable battery.

There really aren't many complaints about all 4 of these vapes, but I am trying to pick them apart a bit, see what the people of FC have to say, and try to figure out which one would be best for what I am looking for. (maximum flavor, good/smooth/potent vapor production, reliability, good battery life, and portability.) I also mostly vape alone.

If anyone has any suggestions, information, opinions, concerns, or wisdom on any of these vapes, I would greatly appreciate it. I have heard that you can easily spend a G note finding a vape you like and I am just trying to avoid spending more money than needed! Thanks again to all involved!

little maggie

From your list I'd go with the Arizer. There are some stems that resolve the draw resistance issue that someone can point you to if you decide on that. I would eliminate the MFLB- I don't think it's worth it's current cost.
I am not suggesting any of my current favorites because it does look like you've checked things out and aren't as interested in the on-demand vapes which are the main ones I use. I've given away the others on your list that I've had. But I think it would be worth checking out Haze v3 if you haven't. I just gave mine away but it was several years old, worked great, and came with a 10 year warranty and outstanding customer service.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Having just received a Mighty in the mail yesterday, I'd suggest Mighty (from @PuffItUp). The only vape I've used/owned from your list is the Air, but so far I feel like the Mighty blows it away. I feel like the Mighty will become my most regularly used vape (even though I have a Volcano and an Herbalizer, which are both incredible). Mighty seems to be fantastic both as a portable and for use at home; especially considering my disability.

As nice as it can be to fill a bag and relax on the couch with it, it's a little nicer to just skip the bag-filling part and go straight to the "relax on the couch with it" part.

The Mighty would definitely cut trial-and-error spending, too. If I could go back a couple years (when I was just about to fuck combustion), knowing what I know now I think I'd start out with a Mighty. Which would likely have kept me from spending so much money on an Aromed, Air, Silver Surfer, and possibly even the Volcano and/or Herbalizer; hopefully Herbalizer, because the Volcano is much more useful to me than the Herbalizer.

Bouldorado

I vote pax. I've tried everything in your list except the IQ.

The Pax will give you the ability to produce clouds, is easy to use, and has good taste for the first few hits (provided you keep it cleanish, but that goes for any vape). IIRC it will stop heating when it's set down so you don't roast your herb unintentionally. Also it's incredibly portable- you barely notice it in your pocket. You can preload a bowl so you don't have to carry around a separate container.

Fuck the mflb. That was my first vape and I hated it- it's the worst vape I've owned aside from some Chinese whip vape.

Arizer Air/Solo is nice, but personally I think they're better for home use. The glass mouthpiece, while easy to load at home, is clunky outside and you're screwed if you break it.

Bouldorado,

CalyxSmokr

If you want to use it with other people I might lean pax but overall I think the Air is a good choice.

CalyxSmokr,

Masacr

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to help a brother out. I appreciate the suggestions.

For the Haze, I recognize this one from back in the day. Must have been the old version. Does the heating of the first bowl take away from the quality of the next bowl? Don't want to feel inclined to vape two bowls in one sesh ya know? I did notice you turn the top one way for one bowl and the other for the second bowl but still wonder if the heat from the first may impact the second? Seems like another quality vape.

The Mighty is tempting. I had read into it a bit but am worried about its defect rate. I hear volcanos are tanks and can easily exceed the 3 year warranty, but not craftys or mightys. I know its a two year warranty, but use it once and your done right? I wouldn't think the two years renews with each vape? I guess you could say the same about a ten year warranty. I certainly don't doubt its capabilities given that its from Storz and Bickel, its a great vape for sure. Dig the long battery life and convection.

Appreciate the info on the Pax 2 as well. Do the stems to the air get hot by any chance?

The MFLB was my original choice, but couldn't bring myself to buy it, so this helps solidify that decision. Good vape though.

I am interested in both the Mighty and the Haze now, along with the Air and the Pax 2. I would still consider the IQ, but I'd bet the Mighty would be better, for not much more $. IQ has a 10 year warranty too though.

I need a vape ASAP but am not one to impulse buy haha. I don't think I could go wrong with any of these vapes to be honest. If I had the money I would buy 2 or 3 of em haha. Guess Ill have to do some more research and weigh the pros and cons, price points.

Always open to more suggestions and info if anyone feels inclined.

Thx again yall, Ill keep posted.

CalyxSmokr

If the price is not a turnoff then the Mighty is the right choice. It is more reliable than the Crafty. At a lower price point I would go Air

MinnBobber

The Mighty is tempting. I had read into it a bit but am worried about its defect rate.
.................................................................................
Mighty is very reliable and works with any technique. If you can handle the size of the Mighty, it would be best IMO. Haze is somewhat smaller and first bowl does not hinder the quality of the second bowl.
Mighty does not fit easily in a pants pocket but fits fine in a jacket pocket or backpack etc. With its special cooling unit the vapor is extra cool and smooth. Battery life is very good. Well built unit.
Are you in US or where?

almost there

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to help a brother out. I appreciate the suggestions.

For the Haze, I recognize this one from back in the day. Must have been the old version. Does the heating of the first bowl take away from the quality of the next bowl? Don't want to feel inclined to vape two bowls in one sesh ya know? I did notice you turn the top one way for one bowl and the other for the second bowl but still wonder if the heat from the first may impact the second? Seems like another quality vape.

The Mighty is tempting. I had read into it a bit but am worried about its defect rate. I hear volcanos are tanks and can easily exceed the 3 year warranty, but not craftys or mightys. I know its a two year warranty, but use it once and your done right? I wouldn't think the two years renews with each vape? I guess you could say the same about a ten year warranty. I certainly don't doubt its capabilities given that its from Storz and Bickel, its a great vape for sure. Dig the long battery life and convection.

Appreciate the info on the Pax 2 as well. Do the stems to the air get hot by any chance?

The MFLB was my original choice, but couldn't bring myself to buy it, so this helps solidify that decision. Good vape though.

I am interested in both the Mighty and the Haze now, along with the Air and the Pax 2. I would still consider the IQ, but I'd bet the Mighty would be better, for not much more $. IQ has a 10 year warranty too though.

I need a vape ASAP but am not one to impulse buy haha. I don't think I could go wrong with any of these vapes to be honest. If I had the money I would buy 2 or 3 of em haha. Guess Ill have to do some more research and weigh the pros and cons, price points.

Always open to more suggestions and info if anyone feels inclined.

Thx again yall, Ill keep posted.
The IQ is a very slick vape and is a hard working unit, definitely worth it if it was priced $180-$200. I have a lawless unit for a little over 3 months and I love I never have to think about it, it does exactly as it's suppose to, nevertheless I don't feel it's worth what it retails for

almost there,

Masacr

I am in Northern Maine US. Love it up here in New England. Great place to live.

It looks like you guys support the Mighty and that holds weight with me. Its good to hear people vouch for its reliability too. Overall, I think its between the Mighty, the AA, and the Pax 2. Although, I always try to keep an open mind.

I always prefer quality over quantity as well, so the price is not a huge factor, you get what you pay for. Although the Mighty is maybe $100 or $150 more than I was hoping to spend (Could get the AA and Pax 2 for around $200-$220), I believe the extra cost for the Mighty would be fair given that is an all around better unit. If it had a 10 year warranty, there wouldn't be any question haha.

Thanks for the info on the HAZE and IQ too, glad you point out the IQ would be worth it if it was about $200. Since it is priced $275-$310, I think the Mighty may be worth the extra bit of coin again.

Does the one minute auto shut off bother anyone much? It is a big vape too, but that's not one of my major concerns.

The Crafty even worth considering? I am sure it is an upper echelon vape like the Mighty, but do the shorter battery life, increased defect rate, and only slightly lower cost than the Mighty make it a no go for most people? The Mighty support showed up quick and most suggest the Mighty over the Crafty it seems. Could be wrong, but just wondering. Best thing it has going for it is the size.

Thanks for the comments and information yall. Truly appreciate it. Wish I could vape everyone up for the feedback and information to show my gratitude. I'll keep posted again, thanks again yall.

MinnBobber

The Crafty even worth considering?
.................................................................................................
Only if the lesser size of the Crafty vs Mighty is a must have for you. The Mighty reliability is much better and the bigger battery is nice to have.

MinnBobber,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I feel like the Air is best for someone with low tolerance who only vapes in the evening after work or something. I wouldn't recommend it for someone with a decent tolerance or who vapes more frequently. I've had one since they came out and it's a quality unit that is super reliable, but I honestly find it somewhat frustrating with my usage, which means charging often or swapping batteries. I'd check out the new Solo 2 instead if you are considering the Mighty as it has a few nice features the Air lacks and would compare better to a Mighty.

I would still probably go with the Mighty but if Grasshopper has made any improvements in their reliability (it does come with a lifetime warranty) that could be a good option for something cheaper than a Mighty. You mentioned the Volcano - my Volcano is from 2006 so I've been using one for a while. Great unit but it doesn't really match my vaping style anymore. If I was buying today I'd rather have the Mighty. Ive filled thousands of vape bags and I'd rather just puff directly from the vaporizer, I see the bags as kind of a waste of time and with the volcano that means a whole vape station setup with the bag, and the valve, and the mouthpiece, and the filling chamber, and the screens, and broken down herbs, etc. Creates kind of a mess when you can just stuff the Mighty in your nightstand.

invertedisdead,

Masacr

Thought so, but worth asking. The size of the Crafty is nice, but not a must have. Appreciate the info and replies Minnbobber.

Invertedisdead, thanks for the reply and info as well. I vape daily and my tolerance is average I'd say, I'm good for maybe a few hours after one .25 bowl. Although, I have lowered my tolerance and use now that I have vaped about 90% of the time over the past 3 months.

I am all set on the Grasshopper and have looked into the Solo 2. Seems like yet another quality vape though. Think I'd go with the AA over the Solo 2 but could know more about the Solo 2. And I agree that the AA or even the Solo could be a bit cumbersome to use. Good insight with the Volcano too. I plan on using the vape - which ever one I buy - at home, in the car when able, or walking around on occasion; mostly by myself.

For now I think it'd be a Mighty > Pax 2 > AA > other

Havent ruled the any of my top 3 out though. Each have their pros and cons and I still need some loot to be able to purchase the Mighty.

Thanks again for the responses yall, I really do, truly, appreciate it.

Masacr,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You mentioned a loaner vape, perhaps I missed it, but what device have you been using?

The solo 2 has a lot more temperature control and longer battery life than the Air which is quite nice. Also the battery life indicator on the solo 2 is quite a useful feature that the Air lacks. Now the advantage to these stem style vapes is cleaning is dead simple, basically only one part to clean which is nice.

I use my $35 Vapcap over my Arizer Air or Volcano 99% of the time now though as it gets me there quicker.

invertedisdead,

Masacr

I didn't specify, but I have been using an original WISPR. A friend of mine purchased it for $280 years and years ago, stopped using it, and loaned it to me bout 3 months ago. Been using it daily since. Its very simple and doesn't give the greatest taste, but it gets the job done and tastes much better than combustion. I don't like using the butane either, but I don't inhale from it when it is heating. I really enjoyed not having to deal with batteries and a can of butane lasts a long time too.

I want a better vape than the WISPR, but it is so convenient that its made me complacent and I've put off buying something better. The WISPR I am using I can tell is breaking down too, the ignition isn't catching well and I have to try and ignite the heater over and over. It occasionally works within the first few clicks. They have a sale and you can buy a new WISPR 2 for $120, I have been tempted to buy one, but not for the regular price of $170. I need to replace my friends WISPR too, so I am waiting on the sale for that. I just missed the Easter/420 Sale, probably would have bought 2 WISPRs for $240. The WISPR is just real convenient with no batteries, but I know I'd like better. One vape for ease of use and another for top quality I guess.

Yeah, for Arizers products, I have heard the SOLO was the way to go (over the AA). The SOLO 2 seems like a great combo of both the SOLO 1 and the AA. Still a bit cumbersome to use possibly but for sure a great improvement. Just noticed the SOLO 2 has a lifetime warranty on the heating element too, 2 yrs on materials/workmanship, and 1 year on battery. SOLO 2 is a bit larger than the Mighty too. For $250, its only a bit more expensive than the Air. Arizer makes its a difficult choice, all good companies seem to do that.

I have also been hearing about the Vapcap a lot. Very easy to use and could be a good replacement for the WISPR. Cheap too. Not sure about it though, still stuck between the Mighty, Pax 2, and an Arizer lol. For what, bout $40, vapcap might be worth a shot.

Thanks for the feedback again invertedisdead. Catch yall later, I'll swing through soon.

Masacr,
Top Bottom