decarboxylation of hash for green dragon?

peterchen

Hi there,

I'd like to make some green dragon and I also know the usual recipes. But they are all for using pot.
The main thing I'm wondering is, whether it would make sense to also heat the hash in the oven like you would do it with pot. But I have never heard or read about such a procedure for hash, so what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

peterchen,

peterchen

Beezleb said:
http://www.greenbridgemed.com/how-to-make-cannabis-tinctures-at-home/

they speak about using hash in the document and its a very good read on the subject.

Hi Beezleb,

thanks for your answer. I have read the document and it doesn't mention heating either pot nor hash before the alcohol solution. I think it can be treated as a fact that decarboxylation of pot increases potency, so I'm still wondering about whether the same is necessary for hash and if so how it is done best.

peterchen,

bleh123

I just posted this in another thread, hope you find it helpful.

-Eli

Damn! I wish I knew of any norcal clubs that sell anything for less than $250 an ounce

I'm no expert (one semester of MIT solid-state chemistry), but since decarboxylation is facilitated by heat and dryness (keep in mind that any indoor air heated to 200+ degrees farenheit will have very low humidity), and also factoring in that THC evaporates at 315 F, I would personally put my oven to 275 degrees Farenheit (for some safety room from the boiling point) and leave it in for 30-60 minutes.

I'm sure that there's plenty of guides out there "by stoners for stoners" written by people who have done some rough experimentation in their kitchens, but this would be my scientific guess as to an ideal temperature.

Good luck and happy vaping,
Eli

bleh123,

Nosferatu

If people can eat hash and its already active doesnt that mean you wouldnt need to do decarboxylation? Wouldnt it have been done to the weed used to make the hash or something along the same principles.

Nosferatu,

Qbit

cannabanana
I don't have the link, but I've read an online patent that icluded MJ deacrboxylation experiments, where they concluded that 120C/250F for one hour was optimal. Almost total decarboylation, with almost no vapourization. I've used these figures for cooking in oil, and it makes the best oil I've made.

Qbit,

21j21

Depending on the hash, decarboxylation has probably already occurred. Hash is often heated in the pressing stage.

If you want to be sure, you could always burn-crumble the hash (like one would do if one was making a spliff with hash and tobacco).

21j21,
Top Bottom