Decarbing with a volcano

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
I know vaping weed decarbs our weed but could i decarb it without vaporizing it at all in my volcano?I'm hoping to be able to decarb small amounts without using the oven,like say .5 at time.I could just experiment to find out but would be nice not to waste My weed so thought I'd ask here first.

Larrytargeteye,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

sickmanfraud

I know vaping weed decarbs our weed but could i decarb it without vaporizing it at all in my volcano?I'm hoping to be able to decarb small amounts without using the oven,like say .5 at time.I could just experiment to find out but would be nice not to waste My weed so thought I'd ask here first.

In my experience (and being schooled by PsychadelicSam) 240 F for 40 minutes is the "best all-around" decarb.

Vaping at a higher temp for a shorter period than the 40 minutes may or may not get the results you want.

To decarb .5 grams I would suggest double wrapping the cannabis in foil and using a toaster oven, That should keep down the smell.

sickmanfraud,

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
In my experience (and being schooled by PsychadelicSam) 240 F for 40 minutes is the "best all-around" decarb.

Vaping at a higher temp for a shorter period than the 40 minutes may or may not get the results you want.

To decarb .5 grams I would suggest double wrapping the cannabis in foil and using a toaster oven, That should keep down the smell.
Thanks for the info my friend.im not too bothered about the smell and the toaster oven sounds a bit rough but maybe I'm picturing something different.i shall Google one now.thanks again

Larrytargeteye,

MTD

Hello together,

had the same Idea and just tried it ;D
I decarbed 0.5 now two times with my Volcano Hybrid and it worked pretty well for me.
Filled 4-5 Bags with the temperature set to 150°C/302°F.
I mean the process here is a litte bit different than in an oven. The material gets a lot faster decarbed than in an oven because it is laying directly in an airpath.
I want to try different temperature settings with different amount of bags in the near future.
Looking forward to try it out an inform you.

Cheers

MTD

<3 my Volcano

MTD,

Larrytargeteye

Vapin' stevens
Hello together,

had the same Idea and just tried it ;D
I decarbed 0.5 now two times with my Volcano Hybrid and it worked pretty well for me.
Filled 4-5 Bags with the temperature set to 150°C/302°F.
I mean the process here is a litte bit different than in an oven. The material gets a lot faster decarbed than in an oven because it is laying directly in an airpath.
I want to try different temperature settings with different amount of bags in the near future.
Looking forward to try it out an inform you.

Cheers

MTD

<3 my Volcano
I tried it also but didnt bother coming back here with my info because my thread had not gathered any interest.i decarbed mine 240f for 35 minutes and it worked a treat.i did not fill bags though as there was no vapour coming off with the temp being so low.i also put .5 in but when it came out it was just under .4,this was enough to give me a decent effects and I'm assuming my intake was around 40 mg.i would not do it again in my volcano though because the plastic parts get very hot and although I know they are food safe I dont like heating them up for that long.i have now bought a cheap toaster oven for £20 and an oven thermometer and that is ideal for decarbing.

Larrytargeteye,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I use mine and turn into butter.
Only difference is I end up using a lot more material than if I simply decarb in the oven. 2 oz for every cup of butter. Long slow cook, and a real heavy medicating end product.

FlyingLow,

RoMoney

Interesting thread, might spend a few days at some point puffing very low temp bags and seeing how I get on with that AVB vs the normal stuff I produce.

RoMoney,
Top Bottom