Decarb kief?

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
do you need to decarb kief in order to use it in edibles? im assuming you do based on the same principles that you need to decarb MJ before making edibles but i want to see what you guys have experienced.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Sour Deez

yes, definitely. The whole point of decarbing is to turn the acids into actives.

The cannabinoids are located in the trichome head. Keif is made up of a bigger concentration of trichome heads then plant matter. More of a reason to decarb if you ask me.

Sour Deez,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
how would i go about this? the same way as i would with bud? i was thinking about just throwing it in my MFLB real quick.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

SD_haze

You can cook it and decarb it at the same time by using water WITH butter/oil while cooking
supposedly

SD_haze,

Sour Deez

SD_haze said:
You can cook it and decarb it at the same time by using water WITH butter/oil while cooking
supposedly

Im not to sure about that, i dont understand how that would decarb it?

You should use water with buds anyway cause it will absorb some of the chlorophyll and help remove that 'green' taste from your butter.

Sour Deez,

SD_haze

Sour Deez said:
SD_haze said:
supposedly

Im not to sure about that, i dont understand how that would decarb it?

You should use water with buds anyway cause it will absorb some of the chlorophyll and help remove that 'green' taste from your butter.

Quoted from tokecity,

"106 Degrees Celsius is the temperature at which THCA rapidly converts into THC. Water boils at 100 Degrees Celsius, but it is important to remember that when making cannabutter you also have butter (which usually contains salt) and pot mixed in which probably slightly raises the boiling temperature to atleast 106 Degrees Celsius. This is why making cannabutter using the water/butter/pot mixture method works so well. You do not have to worry about overheating and vaporizing the herb, and it is the perfect temperature for decarboxylation to occur. Even if pot is properly cured for 4-6 months, and commercial pot rarely is, there are still more THCA acids that can be converted into THC."

potscience, take from it what you will :/

SD_haze,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
ok so i'll definitely make sure to decarb my kief. the only this is that i don't have nearly close to 5.5g's like BadKitty used in her instructions. i just hope i don't wind up incinerating all of it :uhoh:...

HighlyEducatedScholar,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Just keep the temperature where it is supposed to be and you will be fine. Don't worry about the amounts involved.

t-dub

t-dub,
Top Bottom