DEA Plans To Decide Whether To Reschedule Marijuana By Mid-Year

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
"The agency gave no clue whether it will remove pot from its Schedule 1 category of dangerous drugs."

I'm guessing they won't. The money incentive is still too large to make such a move possible without broader/more vocal support. Fingers crossed though.

Edit*

Shit. Sorry. Forgot to link it. Fixed.

Also this article came out today too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senate-hearing-marijuana_us_57041367e4b0daf53af13d3d

Don't read that on until after you've vaped a bit. It's kind on infuriating.

Last edited:

hd_rider

I hope that they at least discuss it. I would hate to see this issue locked up "in committee" or sitting on someone's desk somewhere just to avoid the discussion.

At least with a discussion, we'll get a clearer understanding on this administration's view on Cannabis and if they intend to do anything about it.

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I hope that they at least discuss it. I would hate to see this issue locked up "in committee" or sitting on someone's desk somewhere just to avoid the discussion.

At least with a discussion, we'll get a clearer understanding on this administration's view on Cannabis and if they intend to do anything about it.

I'd guess there is not enough research. At least not enough research to continues their prohibition so they'll say there is just not enough to make a decision. Even if it is one the most widely researched substances in history.

They'll keep pushing it (decisions) back until Sativex gets approval. Then the war on cannabis gets back to being fought hard.

Top Bottom