• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DDO - Now Free To Play!

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
A lot of people like to play video games when stoned.

My favourite game of all time is Dungeons and Dragons Online. It's an amazing and underrated MMO; I think its the best one out there. It's the MMO for intelligent people ;)

This game is amazing, the graphics are really amazing, and if you can run on highest settings you would have never seen water look so life like. It's nothing like WOW which looks like a cartoon in comparison

Well actually its just been re- launched as dungeons and dragons unlimited. The monthly charge is now optional, and the game is now free to download and free to play! This is a brand new business model, and it is doing extremely well, the game is exploding.

I've played DDO for 3 years; the way this game is growing now is phenomenal. It's a really exciting time for
DDO-U and I think this is going to become the MMO of all time. Following this business model this is going to be bigger than WOW imo :cool:

Anyway the link is http://www.ddo.com/playnow/ (this is in not an affiliate link btw)

If you dont want to use the link, just search for it and pick the non Europe ddo. Unfortunately in DDO Europe due to a really messed up legal situation, they have the old style model. No free to play there yet, and maybe never which is killing the game for them there. In fact, thats where I have played for 3 years, but now have moved to the US servers because it looks like Europe may close.

The newest server is cannith, thats where Ive started. People have had to start from scratch there only a month or so ago, so they are not miles ahead yet ;)

PS: My character is called Booktower a newly created sorcerer. If you try it out, look me up in game. Ive played for years, so can answer any questions you might have :)

PPS: Also please dont think you have to be young to play this. If you played tabled top dungeons and dragons, although this is realtime and slightly different, you should love this. It follows the 3.5 ruleset. The player base actually tends to be older than other MMO's, maybe due to having to have a brain to play it. Unlike WOW ;)

Happycamper,

CrazyCracker

Happycamper said:
It's the MMO for intelligent people ;)
That came out in 03' It was called Final Fantasy 11 ;) The game was so hard/full of Japanese that had already been playing a year that most retards were weeded out.

CrazyCracker,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
There are a lot more children/annoying/selfish players than there used to be, that is the downside to free to play. But i guess playing in a decent guild means you wont come in contact with them.

Happycamper,

lwien

I gotta stay away from MMO's. I got addicted to WoW for over a year. TOTALLY sucked me in......

lwien,

SmogTown

Looks good for a free game. I play warcraft on and off. Its a nice break from FPS's.

SmogTown,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
SmogTown said:
Looks good for a free game. I play warcraft on and off. Its a nice break from FPS's.
I'm hooked on Borderlands. It's an FPS with tons of loot and skill trees like Diablo and WoW.

borderlands_profilelarge.jpg

quomist,

t00fatt

t00fatt,
Top Bottom