DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

little maggie

Hey @little maggie

In order to obtain some applicable advice, can you answer the below?

What is a micro-dose amount for you?
Are you one who enjoys sipping vapor and long sessions? Or hit and run?
And what's your setup like? Dry whip? Water tool use?

These are actually difficult questions for me. I've started using a tiny piece of bud with the dynavap. You have a picture in the microdose thread of some herb between coins- that's about the size I use in the dynavap. I can't get it that small in either the milaana or the eq.

I use water or a water alternative (like your new mod) with every vape but the dynavap. Sipper or hit and run? I don't know. I like longer sessions but I prefer conduction so the vape doesn't run when I'm not drawing.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
These are actually difficult questions for me. I've started using a tiny piece of bud with the dynavap. You have a picture in the microdose thread of some herb between coins- that's about the size I use in the dynavap. I can't get it that small in either the milaana or the eq.

I use water or a water alternative (like your new mod) with every vape but the dynavap. Sipper or hit and run? I don't know. I like longer sessions but I prefer conduction so the vape doesn't run when I'm not drawing.
I don't think you have the 14mm micro-mod pieces. If you did, you could proceed as follows....

Load your herbs into either 14mm adapter, insert wand, then draw as follows....

While watching your herb in the adapter, draw sharply enough to lift the herb and 'auto-pack' it, then reduce draw speed enough that the herb doesn't fall onto the adapter screen.

The 14mm mod can work with dose as small as 0.005g.

)()()()()()()()

Your best bet with stock glass is elbow packing.
Use the back side of their stir tool to pack a small amount.

The stock EQ wasn't originally intended for micro-dosing.

sickmanfraud

I hope this is the right place to complement the DDave kit for Milanaa.

The 14 mm stem is so tiny, yet I can get several good hits from it.

Really love the V.3 vapor cooler.

I must have measured my Milanaa incorrectly, but no problem. Went to hardware store and bought some teflon tape for .75 cents. Makes everything fit better.

I don't know if DDave would agree, but with a small roll of teflon tape you can buy the DDave kit(s) for the Milanaa regardless of depth of Female joint.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey FC,

Quick Question? Do you hate loading these adapters? Tired of worrying about spilling crumbs into your EQ? Tired of having to clean out your Vaporizers?

>>> Tired of me saying question (singular), but then posting multiple (questionS)? :mental: But I digress! <<<​

Now with all mod kits, a free stainless steel Herb Loading Funnel.

4NWF9nx.jpg

NI69kRi.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
LiL Maggie, a tale as sad as any!

$_1.JPG

A week later....

fd93f06caf01740f4b5bde84b94b55fe.jpg

Refund1.jpg

14213-Sad-Day-7397.gif

I HATE WAITING!

EconEdLink-1016-.jpg

glass-blower-fort-myers-florida-cirrus-smoke-shop.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

591e441c49e6ccd7e41a294491f90f42.jpg
I love this pic as I really hate waiting too!

Please one sec for a serious note. DDave has never rushed a glass supplier. It is far more important for me to be able to provide quality and consistently made pieces. This time around, even more so!

If I had to guess, I'd target a couple weeks to release now.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Sup FC? :wave:

Often approached on How to Install a Screen in a DDave Adapter.... well, here's a first shot at a video tutorial.

Note: There are two types of screens in my Arizer Kits. Some prefer extra fine... Others course..... This video is demonstrating the fine screen installation.

TwistedGray

Okay, if I understand the @DDave kit correctly, the main advantage is that you are removing the 18.5mm heated air path of the standard cyclone bowl. If this is the main advantage, can you explain the logic? Also, I imagine by making the vaporizable area more compact it makes the whole system efficient?

Am I missing anything?

TwistedGray,
Reactions: DDave

bkpnsux

DDave do you have a wait list for people wanting your mod? If so, can you please add me ? Do you have an idea when you may have parts back in stock?

bkpnsux,

Jillybean

I've been reading on FC for a while and it helped me decide to get the EQ and the ddave mod. Finally, the amount of vapes to choose from was overwhelming at first...

But I'm confused - can I order your EQ mod on ddavemods.com or do I need to be placed on a waitlist? Or does purchasing through the site put you on the waitlist?

Also, is the waitlist for V3 of your mod? I'd love to purchase the newest version whenever it is released.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance!

Jillybean,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I've been reading on FC for a while and it helped me decide to get the EQ and the ddave mod. Finally, the amount of vapes to choose from was overwhelming at first...

But I'm confused - can I order your EQ mod on ddavemods.com or do I need to be placed on a waitlist? Or does purchasing through the site put you on the waitlist?

Also, is the waitlist for V3 of your mod? I'd love to purchase the newest version whenever it is released.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance!
Hey @Jillybean , I know the feeling! Lots of great vapes to choose from!

This is not a normal time for me. Normally, I have everything in stock and do plan well in advance to restock when I run low. Twice in my time offering kits has a shipment been lost or destroyed and am presently recovering from the second of these events. So at present I am out of 18mm EQ pieces. ETA is less than two weeks for the V2.5 pieces. A bit longer for the V3 pieces.

I definitely have a waiting list for both Original kits and New V3 kits. Can put you on either or both? PM me an email please and I can add you?

Thanks,
DDave :rockon:

DDave,
Reactions: bkpnsux

bkpnsux

Hey @Jillybean , I know the feeling! Lots of great vapes to choose from!

This is not a normal time for me. Normally, I have everything in stock and do plan well in advance to restock when I run low. Twice in my time offering kits has a shipment been lost or destroyed and am presently recovering from the second of these events. So at present I am out of 18mm EQ pieces. ETA is less than two weeks for the V2.5 pieces. A bit longer for the V3 pieces.

I definitely have a waiting list for both Original kits and New V3 kits. Can put you on either or both? PM me an email please and I can add you?

Thanks,
DDave :rockon:

DDave please put me on the list for both. I'm very interested in your original mod (the cyclone bowl replacement in particular) but I've just started playing with concentrates and my understanding is your v3 mod is for something to do with concentrates.. Can you share more info on v3 yet please? Thanks

bkpnsux,

TwistedGray

@DDave, can you comment on my post (#411)? I want to make sure I understand what the advantage of the "mod" is. Thank you

TwistedGray,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave, can you comment on my post (#411)? I want to make sure I understand what the advantage of the "mod" is. Thank you
Not entirely sure what it is that you seek?

The "advantage" is better performance, greater economy, ease of use... The advantages are listed in both this thread and throughout the Arizer EQ thread.

If your follow-up question to this response would be "How?", then I'd have to advise reviewing information from this very reliable web site.... :rockon:

DDave,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
ModNote: Apologies for back to back posts. Different topics. If necessary, please merge. Thanks!

my understanding is your v3 mod is for something to do with concentrates..
does it? :cool:
Can you share more info on v3 yet please?
I wish I could. Holding a contest for a Complete V3 Kit for EQ in which contestants guess what the mod will be, so can't pass along any hints.

DDave,

TwistedGray

Not entirely sure what it is that you seek?

If your follow-up question to this response would be "How?", then I'd have to advise reviewing information from this very reliable web site.... :rockon:

Touche!

I guess I am trying to confirm that your mod moves the herb from sitting high above the heater to just over the heater. I understand the benefit of that, but I'm really just trying to confirm I understood everything I read on the forum.

TwistedGray,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
your mod moves the herb from sitting high above the heater to just over the heater.
This is one benefit of V1, the original mod.

For V2 (the mod kits), each piece of the equation was reviewed and then considered for improvements. (basket screens, wands, whip tubing, hot adapter clamp, loading funnel, beeswax beads, etc....)
Some item improvements are performance related, others focus on ease of use, and yet others a bit on safety (both for you and for the glass).

For V3, (yet to be released), this will improve on the old, but will also introduce something new. Stay tuned! :rockon:

TwistedGray

I appreciate the information @DDave, as with the others can you put me down on a waiting list for V3. I don't mind waiting :)

TwistedGray,

Laantje

Hey man, nice job on the mod! People seem to be really positive about it.

I'm about to get an Extreme Q in a few days. Everyone suggests me to get your mod aswell, but I live in Europe and I'm kinda worried about shipping costs, how much would that be?

Oh and I guess I'll need the 18mm kit since I have a 18mm bubbler I want to use with it, right? I saw its currently sold out, but I can wait.

Laantje,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey man, nice job on the mod! People seem to be really positive about it.

I'm about to get an Extreme Q in a few days. Everyone suggests me to get your mod aswell, but I live in Europe and I'm kinda worried about shipping costs, how much would that be?

Oh and I guess I'll need the 18mm kit since I have a 18mm bubbler I want to use with it, right? I saw its currently sold out, but I can wait.
@Laantje

Thanks for the kind words!

Small Flat Rate Shipping to Europe is $35USD. For now, I absorb $10 of this, resulting in $25USD.

Kit size is independent of Water Tool Adapter Size.
I can include an 18mm Water tool adapter with a 14mm Kit or...
A 14mm Water Tool adapter with an 18mm Kit.

The kit works with either configuration equally as well. The reason I offer either size is in the hopes that someone who obtains a kit, if they already have a water pipe, that they have either 14mm or 18mm female connector on their pipe. (these are two most common sizes).

Hope this helps, but if more question, feel free.... :rockon:

Top Bottom