DDave Mod for SSV/ DBV/ LSV

KeVo23

Got my kit a few days back and now Im just waiting on my ssv. Thanks to @stickstones who hooked it up with a sick deal I should have mine soon! Quick question I have a concentrate nail kit im contemplating putting on, has it been tested with this setup or would it hinder the performance at all?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks @DDave. The reviews are good so I definitely plan on getting this mod before Christmas.
Anytime! Don't worry about a listing dropping off when it sells out. I'll relist. I don't plan on quitting any time soon... :rockon:

I just needed to have some "flow control" over the kits, so list 10 at a time.

Got my kit a few days back and now Im just waiting on my ssv. Thanks to @stickstones who hooked it up with a sick deal I should have mine soon! Quick question I have a concentrate nail kit im contemplating putting on, has it been tested with this setup or would it hinder the performance at all?
Is it this kit?

ssv_8657sm.jpg

If yes, it will hinder the performance of the mod. Changes the airpath and may introduce cold air. (Not sure how well that globe will seal the opening at the top)...

grokit

well-worn member
That one's for da buddha, the hc doesn't have the angle needed for use in the ssv. The principle is the same for both "7th floor oil kits"; they won't work with the ddave mod because they don't use convection heat. The ti hot plate/bowl thingie conducts heat directly from the heating element it sits on to make vapor.

Last edited:

KeVo23

Ok cool I won't bother installing it. And thanks @DDave bcuz I loved my old ssv it was just too much of a herb hog for my personal likings and from what I'm reading the ability to use log vape amounts of herb made me take the plunge and grab another ssv! So thanks dude!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
That one's for da buddha, the hc doesn't have the angle needed for use in the ssv. The principle is the same for both "7th floor oil kits"; they won't work with the ddave mod because they don't use convection heat. The ti hot plate/bowl thingie conducts heat directly from the heating element it sits on to make vapor.
Thanks @grokit
It didn't appear that the oil kit and the mod would be a match.

Ok cool I won't bother installing it. And thanks @DDave bcuz I loved my old ssv it was just too much of a herb hog for my personal likings and from what I'm reading the ability to use log vape amounts of herb made me take the plunge and grab another ssv! So thanks dude!
:rockon: Am glad to see so many benefit from the mod!

The SSV is an awesome unit!

Coming next is the LSV specific kit.

This first kit is just the start. I intend a more complete kit in the future (water tool adapters for one). Then variety like the EQ kits. There will always be the basic kit available, and a couple that expand on the kit.

Two additional surprises in the near future as well. Have yet to receive the prototypes. :o

grokit

well-worn member
After letting the idea vake in my subconscious a bit, I finally came up with some "ddave" mods for the lsv and versa infinity of my own; so I'm looking forward to seeing the real mccoy solution (as it were)!
Hint: the infinity mod I came up with would be substantially less expensive than the lsv version :hmm:

zor

Night 2 with the SSV mod, I got some new Night Terror and loaded a basket, took two deep pulls and kicked the load, a few minutes in was thinking "I kinda want another round but lemme ride this out a little longer", a few minutes turn into a few hours of being deeply ensconced in my couch and tingling all over. I've often reminded myself of how a little will go a long way, especially with my volcano, and I do find myself over stuffing the stock SSV wands, so I can't be happier with this little mod.

Nice work @DDave! I was skeptical at first but this mod shines :)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Night 2 with the SSV mod, I got some new Night Terror and loaded a basket, took two deep pulls and kicked the load, a few minutes in was thinking "I kinda want another round but lemme ride this out a little longer", a few minutes turn into a few hours of being deeply ensconced in my couch and tingling all over. I've often reminded myself of how a little will go a long way, especially with my volcano, and I do find myself over stuffing the stock SSV wands, so I can't be happier with this little mod.

Nice work @DDave! I was skeptical at first but this mod shines :)
@zor

Thanks for the feedback!

When I went from combusting to vaping, I overdid it as well. Maybe a visual thing, thinking I had to use a certain amount of herb to reach a certain level. Later on, after experimenting and reading on FC, got my routine straightened out and ended up using a fraction of what I had.

Still have plans for this mod, to take it in both directions... one economical and more powerful... but am very satisfied so far with initial results!

Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod!

Thanks, DDAVE. :rockon:

stickstones

Vapor concierge

I have that concentrate kit but haven't used it yet...I don't do a lot of concentrates. What I have heard is it is good for concentrates, but moves the bowl for herbs too far from the element to work well. However, it might be that @DDave 's mod helps this by bringing it closer to the element. I'll let you know down the road once he gets the gong mod rolling.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
May I have your attention please?

LSV Kit now listed!
  • Gong uses custom 1/2 height basket screens.
  • Wand uses regular "DDave" Basket Screens.
(18mm M/M gong is metered airflow in order to generate greater clouds and preserve flavor!)

There are two kits available. One includes Whip Water Tool Adapter for those wishing to use 14mm water pipes or non-standard shaped glass pieces with their LSV.

A New DVB/SSV kit listed to include Whip Water Tool Adapter.

Future Plans:
There is still a mod in the works for Da Buddah and SSV units that will allow even greater controlled extractions and new options for Concentrate Sandwiches!

:rockon:

virtualpurple

@DDave I have never given the LSV or SSV a serious look, but reading this thread now has me considering. Especially with the idea that you're still working to increase efficiency further!

As it stands now, roughly how much herb would you say gets used with your efficiency mod kit?

I really am loving what I'm hearing in this thread do far!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@DDave I have never given the LSV or SSV a serious look, but reading this thread now has me considering. Especially with the idea that you're still working to increase efficiency further!

As it stands now, roughly how much herb would you say gets used with your efficiency mod kit?

I hated whips?

Until @DDave came out with his kit!

Now I love them?

SSV for me.

LSV for others!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

@virtualpurple
So many variables in weight and what can be processed in the mod. For example, just from the angle of the wand, the SSV can process less than the DBV, as gravity helps hold a microdose against the screen. Moisture of product can throw the weight reading too. (want to see something cool, weigh a drop of water. You'll get approx. 06g)

Anyhow, to answer the question, .025 is a good sized microload. When I was testing extremes, was able to go .01g. Didn't try to go much lower. Next round of testing...

That is with the currently listed kits.

virtualpurple

@ataxian that was short, sweet, and to the point!

@DDave thanks for the response and food for thought! I used to have a scale that weighed very small amounts (I used it for measuring very small amounts of yeast for baking, something perhaps @Aimless Ryan also can identify with). My girlfriends cat knocked it off the fridge and put that to an end. Perhaps I should pick another one up. It would again primarily be used for pizza, but sometimes I like to be able to weigh out my material to get an idea of how much cannabis I'm consuming with each device.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@ataxian that was short, sweet, and to the point!

@DDave thanks for the response and food for thought! I used to have a scale that weighed very small amounts (I used it for measuring very small amounts of yeast for baking, something perhaps @Aimless Ryan also can identify with). My girlfriends cat knocked it off the fridge and put that to an end. Perhaps I should pick another one up. It would again primarily be used for pizza, but sometimes I like to be able to weigh out my material to get an idea of how much cannabis I'm consuming with each device.
No problem. A big part of my getting a handle on consumption, effects, and tolerance was measuring doses. It showed me that I was using way more than I needed to and also let me better 'dose for desired effects'.

I love this scale! Here it is with a drop of water.
fkJmk3D.jpg

QG4LF7x.jpg

@DDave do you use the LSV upright with the 18mm wand in the kit?
@srama21
While the wand is pretty robust, I wouldn't use it to hold up the LSV on its own. If you had a holder for the LSV that would point the heater at a downward angle, or even laying flat sideways (similar to angle of insertion for a DBV), would be better.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Happy Holidays FC!

Sung to the tune of "The 12 days of Christmas"

Five days before Christmas
DDave gave to me
$10 bucks off every kit.

Four days before Christmas
DDave gave to me
$8 bucks off every kit
and threw in a some extra 1" SS screens

Three days before Chirstmas
DDave gave to me
$7 bucks off every kit
Threw in a some extra 1" SS screens
and threw in two extra applicable basket screens
(of course the last goes with kits to which it applies).

Two days before Christmas
DDave gave to me.
$5 bucks off every kit
Threw in a some extra 1" SS screens
Threw in two extra applicable basket screens
(of course the last goes with kits to which it applies).
and one additional piece of glass, your choice!
(Name this piece when ordering).

And on the final day of Christmas
DDave lost his mind
One lucky winner, yeah one lucky winner!
After ordering their kit,
WILL RECEIVE A SECOND ONE ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Watch for price drops on all kits tomorrow and mind the "day" when you order! eBay's captured order date will dictate the special you receive!

Top Bottom