DDave Mod for SSV/ DBV/ LSV

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
You got a great pic of the inside damage. Any of the box before it was opened?

DDave,

loug

Hey Dave - DBV kit arrived today. Just to clarify - does the 14mm wand only fit inside the included whip?

My existing whips seem to accept the 18mm wands but not the 14mm - I'm assuming that's how it's intended to be...

Also, what are the dimensions of the included whip (ID/OD)?

TIA

loug,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey Dave - DBV kit arrived today. Just to clarify - does the 14mm wand only fit inside the included whip?

My existing whips seem to accept the 18mm wands but not the 14mm - I'm assuming that's how it's intended to be...

Also, what are the dimensions of the included whip (ID/OD)?

TIA
Hey loug,

I can't comment on the existing whip tubes you have. Did they come with the EQ, SSV, other?

When I sourced the pieces, I did ensure they fit the other pieces in the kit. That was one thing the kits addressed....getting incompatible parts. With a kit, I wanted the recipient to know that the pieces worked together.

I don't think the 14mm wand is compatible with much outside the kits. The tubing I source is 3/8 X 1/2 and is pretty flexible high temp food grade silicone.

Do you know what material your whips are made of?

loug

I have no idea what material the whips are - they're the ones that come with the DBV. They are also 3/8 x 1/2 but seem less flexible than the whip from the kit - no way I could get the end of the 14mm wand into the old whip.

Not a problem - I'll just use the whip from the kit.

Thanks for the fast reply.

loug,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
No worries. Glad to help!

I've used my same whip tubing since I sourced originally for my kits.

To clean, use a rolling pin method to get most of the stuff out of the inside, then I boil it to remove the rest.

Really cool is to use a metal funnel stuck in one end and pour boiling water right through it.

Just take precautions not to get burned!

loug

Unable to make the "concentration chamber" work. The small baskets fall right through my 18-14 reducer. Am I missing something obvious?

loug,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Unable to make the "concentration chamber" work. The small baskets fall right through my 18-14 reducer. Am I missing something obvious?
You have the micro-mod, but not the concentration chamber. That is not released and is being tested at the moment.

That is why the small baskets drop right through your 14/18 reducer.

The piece that makes the CC is a different reducer.

eideal852

You have the micro-mod, but not the concentration chamber. That is not released and is being tested at the moment.

That is why the small baskets drop right through your 14/18 reducer.

The piece that makes the CC is a different reducer.

ooooh, my bad, I think I got TCC mentioned here, which I've only been using as a stand-in for my broken micro adapter... *sniff*:cry:

HOWEVER!! my micro basket certainly does not fall through the adapter; in fact, that was the cause of my breakage: on use, the basket would wedge, and get stuck within, the adapter when left attached to the SSV HC. I could pop it off and ream the basket back out, no biggie, but it was what got me to just add adapter to wand, inserting and removing all together. Ultimately climaxing with me LaCrosse-ing the adapter off the end of the wand and straight to hell...

Should it pass through?

Last edited:
eideal852,

loug

I'm having the micro basket clog - hard to get a good inhale. I've been grinding quite fine ever since I started vaping - could I need a coarser grind for the 14mm setup?

loug,

howie105

I'm having the micro basket clog - hard to get a good inhale. I've been grinding quite fine ever since I started vaping - could I need a coarser grind for the 14mm setup?

I am still experimenting (day two) with the LSV mod set so I may be blowing smoke here, if so I apologize. That said I am scissor chopping the bud instead grinding and it seems to be working well enough but a courser chop with less pack is the direction I am still heading. Wish I could be more help. Good Luck

howie105,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

I am still experimenting (day two) with the LSV mod set so I may be blowing smoke here, if so I apologize. That said I am scissor chopping the bud instead grinding and it seems to be working well enough but a courser chop with less pack is the direction I am still heading. Wish I could be more help. Good Luck

Definitely, use a more coarse grind with the 14mm, even the 18mm.

Scissor chop, medium grinder, pull micro nugs and put them in the basket (pack lightly)

:rockon:

DDave,

eideal852

Definitely, use a more coarse grind with the 14mm, even the 18mm.

Scissor chop, medium grinder, pull micro nugs and put them in the basket (pack lightly)

Yep. Agreed, chunky seems to be the way.

I know because I...
Received the adapter! Also! Micro basket DOES NOT wedge in the adapter like my first one. Falls through as above^.

Maybe it was kismet.
In any case, thanks DDAVE!
Fast and helpful.

eideal852,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Received the adapter! Also! Micro basket DOES NOT wedge in the adapter like my first one. Falls through as above^.

There are two sizes of these adapters. One intentionally longer and smaller ID to catch the micro basket rim. I thought you broke the shorter of the two. :doh:

The Concentration Chamber uses the longer one.

I like this! May edit my included instructions to state...

"Ensure your herb remains Chunky when grinding" or "Ensure proper Chunkiness of ground herb"

In any case, thanks DDAVE!
Fast and helpful.

Anytime! Glad to help!

eideal852

There are two sizes of these adapters. One intentionally longer and smaller ID to catch the micro basket rim. I thought you broke the shorter of the two. :doh:

The Concentration Chamber uses the longer one.

No, you're good. I did indeed have two. One shorty. One slightly longer TCC. Or at least I'm assuming based on our previous back and forth. The longer (still intact), which properly lodges the micro screen and works as intended (supposing, only loaded herb in the shorty's stead) and I've considered TCC. And a shorty, presumably the micro adapter; but that (now broken) shorty must have been an anomaly. The micro basket didn't clear the inside lip if the adapter, instead the basket rim wedged into the adapter and stuck, prompting my earlier posts (Jesus I'm needy.) The one you just sent seems to be the real McCoy.

So, maybe serendipitous to have broken it, so that I may know the true glory of the Shorty Proper.

- thanks,
medicated perfectly

Last edited:
eideal852,

eideal852

so, messing around with the micro last night, and combustion :ugh:...

came back to a wand I thought was green, guess I'd already pulled it, cos it straight up flashed in the HC, a la Backdraft. yuck. whip tastes like shit now.

eideal852,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
No problems with the 18mm wand/screen - my regular grind only clogs the 14mm. Seems the 14mm screens are finer?

Trust me, increase the size of the grind. The 18 is most often not packed as full as the 14. Needs air to get through.

so, messing around with the micro last night, and combustion :ugh:...

came back to a wand I thought was green, guess I'd already pulled it, cos it straight up flashed in the HC, a la Backdraft. yuck. whip tastes like shit now.

The whip tube, boil it. Some have added lemon or soaked in cold water after with lemon.

Gets mine back to sweet tasting in no time.

eideal852

Trust me, increase the size of the grind. The 18 is most often not packed as full as the 14. Needs air to get through.

The whip tube, boil it. Some have added lemon or soaked in cold water after with lemon.

Gets mine back to sweet tasting in no time.
Swweeeeeettttt

eideal852,

shredder

I'm still getting over pneumonia so I've been going slow, but I've had a chance to try DDave's mod for ssv in the 14mm wand. I'm surprised how well it works.

I did have to turn the heat down to about 10 from my normal 11:30. But I'm getting 3-4 smooth favorable hits.

I tried green crack and grand daddy purps. Both gave me 3+ hours buzz. Impressive on such small loads! Although I've had 4 weeks with just using medibles or nothing so my tolerance is low now.

All in all a nice value for not much moola. I recommend it.

eideal852

Anyone have any sort of case or storage accessory for the mod kit parts?
keep me posted!
Although, if you have one: Amazon fire tv box is pretty perfect... Remote slot for the wands, tube coils on top, and a little area perfect for screens and adapters... ghettofab

eideal852,
Reactions: Raskin666

AJS

Calm Consistency
My LSV DDave-mod stem broke due to a friend :doh:, but @DDave made sure I got back to vaping through it ASAP! He replied the day of, gave me an incredible price, and shipped it out the next day, and it arrived in 3 days. Not really sure how anyone can do their job better than DDave. This isn't the first time he was quick with shipping either, when I first ordered, he told me personally he'd get it shipped out that day and he did.
Thank you, once again!

CalyxSmokr

OK so how do you guys pack the small and/or larger screens for a no stir experience?
I just take a pinch and press it in so I don't overpack - but I still feel like I need to stir to get everything. The screen is so shallow I don't want to stir etc & Im sure you understand.
So how do you do it? Do you just right off the bottom of it? I think I get some effect after the stir but taste is gone
Screen-Shot-2013-05-01-at-12.12.30-AM-1.jpg

CalyxSmokr,
Top Bottom