DCup Desktop Vaporizer by NewVape

fatbiker

I’m in the same boat. 30mm 710 coil setup, Cross tech 30mm micro nail setup, or Back to a Dcup. I’m interested in a quartz banger enail because of possible different insert surface options. Or Dcup and sapphire insert. I’m getting in over my head again, lol.

That makes two of us :-)

fatbiker,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Just depends if you fancy the durability of titanium, or the clarity of a crystalline vapor path.

I havent used a banger and coil extensively. Banger and torch, yes, but I havent done any kind of side by side with the DCup and quartz banger/coil combo.

However, I kinda think @invertedisdead has kinda given the answer, really. I'm failing to see any criteria that might change this. I suppose the only thing temp consistency. I can only assume that the coil being encased in Ti keeps temps way more stable than a standard banger and coil thats open to room temp.

Of course, assumptions are pulled out of ones ass, so... :)

Personally, I break bangers, and I've had a few falls where a quartz banger would definitely have shattered. If I'd had a sapphire dish in there, that would have gone flying across the room.

Ok, so there we go, theres another plus for the DCup. The lid means that your expensive sapphire insert wont be falling out should the DCup fall over.

TLDR; 1. Temp efficiency. 2. The lid keeps your insert safe. 3. It wont break

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
dcup_essentials-1-3_1.jpg

Baron23

Just saw a video on IG from Edwyn.

Do you have a link, please.

Ooops, never mind, just found it. Thanks

@NewVape710 - Hi Edwyn, just saw your IG vid on Dcup 2.0.

You said it would be shipping Oct 29th.....2020!

Did you mean to say 2019...like starting today or did you really mean in a year???

Last edited by a moderator:

dron19

I think maybe he was hitting that Cup a bit more than he thought! Haha!!

dron19,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
2.0 is live in the shop right now anyway, is there any place where it’s talked about or written what the improvements are in the revision?

pxl_jockey,
Reactions: Baron23

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Cheers @emmdeemo that was perfect and seems like another great NV revision to make the Dcup even better in terms of vapour path and ease of maintenance. I can see pretty much every current DCup lover wanting this upgrade.

Baron23

Will parts be interchange-able between v1 and v2?
Not to be a smart ass...but did you look at the vid posted above that details the changes.

For example, how can you interchange the top lid or body if the screw hole has been offset. Or, how can you interchange the joint adapter after they where the threading is located?

It would appear that the dish, carb cap, and perhaps the heat shield will be the same, but not the rest.

Baron23,

MuushuPork

No I didn't check out the vid for more than a few seconds. I just bought a v1 a few weeks back and will not be buying a v2 anytime soon. I just wondered if I could use the same sapphire dish and joint connection if I decide to in the future.

MuushuPork,
Reactions: Baron23

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
No I didn't check out the vid for more than a few seconds. I just bought a v1 a few weeks back and will not be buying a v2 anytime soon. I just wondered if I could use the same sapphire dish and joint connection if I decide to in the future.

The dishes are interchangeable, but nothing else.

Baron23

The dishes are interchangeable, but nothing else.
The coil cover is the same also, I believe.

But yes, the rest....nope.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Could anyone point me to the 14mm Male DCup connector on the site?

I mistakenly ordered the 2.0 version which has different threads, now I find myself unable to find the old version for purchase.

maxvapor710,
Top Bottom