DCup Desktop Vaporizer by NewVape

papapotbelly

@emmdeemo i agree not really a fan of 6mm pearls at all causes too much havioc underneath the dish. Had better results with 4mm but I actually prefer the Dcup without pearls a well.

Here's how I use my balls (man, I've been sitting on that one for a while)…

I use 2x 4mm quartz ones from 710 coils and sometimes switch in 6mm rubies instead from eternal quartz. However, getting them spinning is WAY too much splash, mess, effort, etc.

I do a little Thelonious Monk/Dizzy Gilespe dance to get them rolling back and forth in there like little rolling pins instead. May not work for everyone's setups and physical disabilities, but it allowed me to drop like 30 degrees in temps and still get all the spread-out oil in one go. Thanks, balls.

Full disclosure, I'm still using my Liger Air with Coojo carb cap, but it's the same obsidian dish as the D-Cup. Have yet to upgrade but eagerly awaiting my annual bonus to put my order in :)

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Have you all tried a ruby or sapphire steam roller from Constant Gems? It's a long cylinder that would stay more in the middle of the dish than going to the outside like the pearls.

In my ruby insert/quartz banger I always use some combo of pearls and steam rollers. Sometimes one of each.

The dish in the Dcup is a little larger than my ruby insert, so the steam roller would probably provide even more benefit.

And just fyi, I don't find much benefit to getting g the pearls to spin quickly around the dish. They just need to move around a little bit. I used to have a Gordo Riptide to really get then moving, and it just caused more mess than it was worth. Sold it and just use a Quartz Pi bubble cap now. Same benefits, none of the mess.

Roth,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Have you all tried a ruby or sapphire steam roller from Constant Gems? It's a long cylinder that would stay more in the middle of the dish than going to the outside like the pearls.

In my ruby insert/quartz banger I always use some combo of pearls and steam rollers. Sometimes one of each.

The dish in the Dcup is a little larger than my ruby insert, so the steam roller would probably provide even more benefit.

And just fyi, I don't find much benefit to getting g the pearls to spin quickly around the dish. They just need to move around a little bit. I used to have a Gordo Riptide to really get then moving, and it just caused more mess than it was worth. Sold it and just use a Quartz Pi bubble cap now. Same benefits, none of the mess.

I did not know that site or about steam rollers.

Thanks!

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Roth

Kushy2RaW

Congrats! Thats amazing, mate!

Which dish did you go for?
Went with the SiC dish for now as is was 60$ dollars.. the obsidian is out of stock and saphire is 150$. If I wasnt purchasing the whole dcup I would have gotten saphire.. but I will definitely be getting a saphire to throw in my arsenal within a few weeks when I get some more cash!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This would leave me with two options for attempting to vape around 315*F: 1. Use a decent sized glob of rosin and then find a low-effort method of reclaiming what is not vaped and using it as edible oil (because from what I understand, it will be decarboxylated even if it's not vaporized); or 2. Use pure crystalline at around 320 and then use tinctures or edibles and enjoy the high from the dab until they kick in. Either of these methods would work for my purposes, as far as I understand. Any input on where my plan might be flawed?

Well first of all it's gonna take around 10 minutes at 315F just to decarb. At that temperature all you'll really be doing is vaporizing the essential oils. I would suggest abandoning said infographic and just take a normal dab.

Kushy2RaW

Fake your own death!
LMFAO.. my grandpa is my boss though... anyway quick question.. I see people enails on either Dcups or Ligers set anywhere from 500f to 850f... now is that the temperature of my dabbing surface or just the temp the controller is set at? Basically my question is.. what temperature do I want my insert to reach? Regardless of what my controller says I have a laser temp guage and I like to check my insert temp compared to the controller temp.

Kushy2RaW,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
1 new dish temp tested with the ktype probe in addition to the one posted above. Temps are uncapped:

420f controller temp, the dish cycles between 350f and 410f, temp seen the most was 390f.

470f controller temp, the dish cycles between 410f and 440f, temp seen the most was 430f.

@Kushy2RaW Those above readings were with the sapphire dish tho, but basically shows you that controller temp and actual dish temp will differ.

The obsidian dish needed an extra 50 degrees bump to get the same results. Not sure about SiC but I suspect it would be similar.

It depends on what youre putting in the dish too. For instance, my bho needs around 470+ controller temp, yet the rosin I have scorches at that temp.

EDIT: This just popped up on my feed -

Last edited:

Kushy2RaW

@newvape918
Is the 30mm obsidian dish just temporarily out of stock or has it been discontinued?
I asked them this exact question on Instagram a couple days ago and they told me they were waiting for a resupply from CCA710 (Liger creators). Well I know from a little bit of research and some reddit posts that CCA710 is in exit scam territory.. basically a couple people ordered Liger Air units in January and are just now having to get refunds from their banks because CCA isnt even responding to emails.. a couple weeks ago their website was working but i dont think their website is even working anymore. So I dont know for sure but unless they find a new supplier for obsidian or get their own brand of them like they do for sapphire and SiC then I dont know if we will ever see obsidian dishes.. I was kinda bummed but I realized there's really no point when sapphire is like 25 dollars more and supposedly so much better.. I only have SiC right now so...

Kushy2RaW,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
LMFAO.. my grandpa is my boss though... anyway quick question.. I see people enails on either Dcups or Ligers set anywhere from 500f to 850f... now is that the temperature of my dabbing surface or just the temp the controller is set at? Basically my question is.. what temperature do I want my insert to reach? Regardless of what my controller says I have a laser temp guage and I like to check my insert temp compared to the controller temp.

Personally, I'd shoot for a temp on the floor of the dish on the 400-470. You can then adjust up or down from there depending on what you like/your material/how big your hit is.

Roth,

Kushy2RaW

Personally, I'd shoot for a temp on the floor of the dish on the 400-470. You can then adjust up or down from there depending on what you like/your material/how big your hit is.
Thank you man.. that's exactly what I've been finding out from trial and error.. I basically only dab BHO.. so far live sugar. Live resin. Shatter diamonds. And some wax.. all great off the SiC dish!! Between 470-500

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Thank you man.. that's exactly what I've been finding out from trial and error.. I basically only dab BHO.. so far live sugar. Live resin. Shatter diamonds. And some wax.. all great off the SiC dish!! Between 470-500

Ya, that sounds about right. I forgot to mention that those temps I use are with a ruby insert. So you'd need a little higher with SiC since it doesn't have the heat retention that ruby does.

Roth,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I asked them this exact question on Instagram a couple days ago and they told me they were waiting for a resupply from CCA710 (Liger creators). Well I know from a little bit of research and some reddit posts that CCA710 is in exit scam territory.. basically a couple people ordered Liger Air units in January and are just now having to get refunds from their banks because CCA isnt even responding to emails.. a couple weeks ago their website was working but i dont think their website is even working anymore. So I dont know for sure but unless they find a new supplier for obsidian or get their own brand of them like they do for sapphire and SiC then I dont know if we will ever see obsidian dishes.. I was kinda bummed but I realized there's really no point when sapphire is like 25 dollars more and supposedly so much better.. I only have SiC right now so...
If josh from @CCA710 reads this i'll be glad to purchase the balance of his obsidian 30mm dishes COD. Otherwise the dcup train is moving on to sapphire and sic. I do feel the Obsidian dishes are sic with a coating. The coating company brycoat we use for medical implants (i trust) says the "obsidian dish" looks like hard chrome has been applied to the sic dish. We have broken apart a obsidian dish to verify that the shinny is only on the surface of the dish and not the entire cross section. I hope this helps people understand where we stand with respect to the obsidian dishes.

dron19

@NewVape710 @newvape918
Thank you for answering my question. If you do get his remaining stock I’ll buy one and a sapphire dish! Thanks... I was afraid that’s what was happening...

dron19,

Baron23

If josh from @CCA710 reads this i'll be glad to purchase the balance of his obsidian 30mm dishes COD. Otherwise the dcup train is moving on to sapphire and sic. I do feel the Obsidian dishes are sic with a coating. The coating company brycoat we use for medical implants (i trust) says the "obsidian dish" looks like hard chrome has been applied to the sic dish. We have broken apart a obsidian dish to verify that the shinny is only on the surface of the dish and not the entire cross section. I hope this helps people understand where we stand with respect to the obsidian dishes.
It would be even better if he just shared his source and spec w you as he is no longer in the biz.

But this would req him to act like a stand up adult....which does not seem to be happening.

I had SiC in my Liger then got Obsidian. While I like the Obsidian for it being impervious to crud, the taste and performance seemed identical to me.

Just go SiC or sapphire and am sure you will be happy.

Baron23

Because if I could get one, then I would buy it....for the reason I stated, impervious to crud.

If I can’t, then SiC as clean up is Obsidians only advantage as far as I can tell. They are very nice, but I wouldn’t lose any sleep over using SiC instead.

Good enough?

Last edited:

started@52

Because if I could get one, then I would buy it....for the reason I stated, impervious to crud.

If I can’t, then SiC as clean up is it’s only advantage as far as I can tell.

Good enough?
Why not sapphire? It’s only $25 more(then the obsidian) unlike the sapphire for the Vrod at $300!

started@52,

Baron23

Why not sapphire? It’s only $25 more(then the obsidian) unlike the sapphire for the Vrod at $300!
I haven’t used sapphire and d-nail halo in sapphire was $300 if I remember correctly.

At that time, a number of folks were cracking sapphire from thermal shock.

Edwyn has told me he uses sapphire in his cup and has had zero issues and I trust him completely.

Besides, I got an offer of an Obsidian insert for a very good price and bought it. When I get confirm back, I will pull my ad.

Kushy2RaW

Absolutely understand. And your reasoning are justified.. that's why I was just giving my opinion which was that obsidian is basically obsolete with inserts like sapphire hitting the mark. Thanks for the fast reply New Vape. You really are a stand up company that anyone would be happy to do business with.

I hope you dont think I was being disrespectful in any way cuz I really was not trying to do that. Just passing on info I've come across.. happy dabbing

Last edited by a moderator:
Kushy2RaW,

Grifo

I hope you dont think I was being disrespectful in any way cuz I really was not trying to do that. Just passing on info I've come across.. happy dabbing
btw you posted 2x in a row not a big deal ive done it a couple times but its against the rules fyi.

Top Bottom