• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DCup Desktop Vaporizer by NewVape

Easywider

Simple is the way
Is it safe to heat it up higher like 900? That should burn some buildup.

I use PBW on my glass and quartz bangers it releases build up instantly. Especially in a hot banger.

Easywider,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Is it safe to heat it up higher like 900? That should burn some buildup.

Not recommended for the coils. Id rather find a less aggressive method if possible, altho I havent confirmed my dish is stuck yet :)

Just giving it a boil now to see if it all comes undone on its own.

Obsidian dish comes up very shiny immediately with a little boil! :)

EDIT: Yeah, my dish is completely welded in.

EDIT 2: Torched from underneath (after taking the coil out, obviously), and the dish came lose pretty easily. I CANNOT recommend this method tho as i do not know if the obsidian dish cracked in the process as mine had already broken by this point :)

EDIT 3: Torching releases the stuck threads on the 18mm connector too. Came apart very easily once the metal turned blue from the torch.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

@emmdeemo I definitely think the Ultrasonic cleaner would help if I had to guess but if it was used with either warm iso or warm water with some pbw. I have never had a dish stick bad enough to test the theory but I will say it cleans really really well when you use 1 the way I do. I can visually see my resin floating off everything and I don't own a expensive unit , just spent about $30 on amazon for a basic cleaner. It's been a life saver with my cleaning methods .

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@emmdeemo I definitely think the Ultrasonic cleaner would help if I had to guess but if it was used with either warm iso or warm water with some pbw. I have never had a dish stick bad enough to test the theory but I will say it cleans really really well when you use 1 the way I do. I can visually see my resin floating off everything and I don't own a expensive unit , just spent about $30 on amazon for a basic cleaner. It's been a life saver with my cleaning methods .

Yeah, this is why I'm considering it, for sure.

Nice one, you just persuaded me :)

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
You can try heating the coil up and VERY CAREFULLY using the coil cover screw to release the dish. Of course, there is a risk with this. I guess i would hesitate if I was using the Sapphire or Obsidian dishes...

But it works for me with the SiC.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Just pulled out my OGFP with its first gen SiC dish with the high walls, gonna try it as a makeshift dish while I'm waiting on my Obsidian replacement :)

EDIT: I can honestly say, that works absolutely fine :D 500f, holy grail kush rosin, no SiC balls :)

turk

turk
...you may need to do a comprehensive approach, freezing a couple of days, and other methods. Ultrasonic cleaner probably will not be a magic bullet, given the extended use. For that kind of session an earlier cleaning would have been appropriate. I'm older and at this point I don't interact in large social gatherings, for me that's in the past...lol

turk,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
...you may need to do a comprehensive approach, freezing a couple of days, and other methods. Ultrasonic cleaner probably will not be a magic bullet, given the extended use. For that kind of session an earlier cleaning would have been appropriate. I'm older and at this point I don't interact in large social gatherings, for me that's in the past...lol

started@52

SiC dish is really stucked in the D-Cup.
I really put it up for a test, last 4th of July weekend.
Around 50 people for 2 days in a row.
Probably 500 plus dabs, give or take.
My lungs are still tired.
I had waiting lines, to try the D-Cup.
Everyone liked it.
But here’s my problem now, I can’t take apart the SiC dish, it’s totally caked to the sides and bottom.
Left it all night ISO soaking, tried heating to 777F, tried freezing it.
Still caked to the Cup.
Tolerance between the SiC dish and D-Cup is so minimal and good, that I cannot pry it or poke between it.
I tried pushing with a wood skewer, from underneath, through the coil screw thread opening, but to no avail, and I’m afraid it will break.
More suggestions???
Much appreciated.
Stay vaped.
I believe those were above the 40g...
12-CE0-FC3-E497-4811-A4-EA-6-D8620-CADEB0.jpg

Another strain, I cannot remember the amount of strains. 6 underground growers. Like 16 flower strains. More than 10 different diamantes en salsa, CheeseQuake wax/crumble was my favorite.
DDEBC9-E9-5525-42-E1-BAD2-532-E1-DC40-CF0.jpg

His leftovers are anyone’s dreams!!! Jajajajajaja jajajajajaja
B0944-D83-3-AEA-47-D6-8-B4-B-0-D6-D6-FD2-F494.jpg

Poor D-Cup never got to rest, worked out in the morning....
FD616993-C17-E-484-A-A3-DA-3776217-A96-A8.jpg

More views of my “working” desk....
CDA90-D86-1391-4-BB4-80-DC-7-E8-D2-F3939-F0.jpg

Extra heavy duty workout...
847-D0-BB3-7100-4079-B83-A-157-E71626-BE9.jpg
Put it on some dry ice if you can find some. It won’t get any colder then that, and within minutes. Just be careful and don’t hold me responsible if it cracks your dish, lol.

started@52,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
aw man, just read about your dish @emmdeemo... im sorry. what do you think happened? do you think it broke from being torched?

doesnt sound right...

I have been keeping my shame quiet :)

Total user error, stupidity, inevitable autistic nonsense. Sadly, I have to learn thru breaking things sometimes, rather than any amount of words prior making any difference.

So, my dish was slightly stuck. I turned it over, gave it a light tap and it fell out. I didnt quite register that I was holding the dcup over a small bowl of water that was way too cold.

The dish dropped into the water, and broke into three parts instantly :D

The parts were completely cleanly broken, and my draw speed is sooooo slow, that I decided to clean the dish and use it anyway til a replacement came. @Justpassedu warned me against this, and here we are today with me trying to get the stuck dish out of the DCup :)

OGFP SiC dish works GREAT in the DCup btw :D (tho obviously, its loose and doesnt fit snugly, it still works very very well indeed).

Funnily enough, I tried your 'use the screw under the dish' method before you posted it, but I did not do it gently as I was intending to throw the dish away once it was out. It didnt release the dish but did enough extra damage to help get the rest out after I torched it.

I dont think the torching from beneath did further damage but the dish was pretty wrecked by this point which is why I cant recommend it :D

I hope all that made sense.

tldr: I broke my dish with gravity and cold water, used it anyway. Today, I smashed it to pieces getting it back out of the DCup :D

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@emmdeemo it really hurt me to read this....

No harm has come to the DCup itself, looks as good as new apart from a little blue on the connector and a little gold and purple from general use.

Tho it has made me re-consider buying anything more delicate, like the sapphire dish, I still probably will buy it. This obsidian dish is the only dish I've ever broken so hopefully it wont happen again in a hurry.

I've learnt to see these breakages as positive, learning experiences.

Shit happens. Its just 'stuff' :)

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
...you’re right..it’s just stuff..try to minimize the negatives..always prudent.

Another reason to big up NV's products too.

The fact that this is the only thing of theirs I've ever broken is testament to the 'built to last' aspect of their kit. In fact, its not even an NV part, its from another manufacturer, so really I still havent broken any thing by NewVape :)

Baron23

Personally, while I LOVE PBW for flower reclaim, it doesn't seem to work nearly as well for me on concentrate condensation (reclaim, yeah?).

I do like ISO in a zip lock in an ultrasonic cleaner (bag of ISO is floating in water in the tank). Hot ISO works well and this is a reasonably safe.

Alternatively, one could try ISO in a cup on a candle/cup wamer and let it sit there for a day or so. Or go the 710coils.com route and try concentrated Simple Green in cup on candle/cup warmer.

I have a feeling that it will take some good amount of time (like day or two maybe) in ISO to penetrate enough to free up the dish.

As others have mentioned, heat or cold to try to get the expansion differential between the Ti and Obsidian/SiC to work for you....but, I suspect that these inserts get stuck by a layer of reclaim all across the bottom surface of the insert and more than just heat/cold will be required.

This is always a potential issue with type of bangers...same with my Liger 2.0.

Justpassedu

Personally, while I LOVE PBW for flower reclaim, it doesn't seem to work nearly as well for me on concentrate condensation (reclaim, yeah?).

I do like ISO in a zip lock in an ultrasonic cleaner (bag of ISO is floating in water in the tank). Hot ISO works well and this is a reasonably safe.

Alternatively, one could try ISO in a cup on a candle/cup wamer and let it sit there for a day or so. Or go the 710coils.com route and try concentrated Simple Green in cup on candle/cup warmer.

I have a feeling that it will take some good amount of time (like day or two maybe) in ISO to penetrate enough to free up the dish.

As others have mentioned, heat or cold to try to get the expansion differential between the Ti and Obsidian/SiC to work for you....but, I suspect that these inserts get stuck by a layer of reclaim all across the bottom surface of the insert and more than just heat/cold will be required.

This is always a potential issue with type of bangers...same with my Liger 2.0.
I don't find the Pbw working well on Concentrate reclaim when lets say it is from using a quartz banger and having the buildup on the inside of the banger but in the op's case I do find it works well when its at the underside of a dish and not burnt or caked on , I been using this method for the Dcup's adapter to the glass that gets buildup rather quick and sticks to my post I rest the Dcup on and it has done wonders for me. So I figure its worth a try. When it comes to the inside of a banger though on glass I like to use some pbw on a qtip with some iso and it cleans it up nicely with some scrubbing. Warm iso does work great also.

Baron23

I don't find the Pbw working well on Concentrate reclaim when lets say it is from using a quartz banger and having the buildup on the inside of the banger but in the op's case I do find it works well when its at the underside of a dish and not burnt or caked on , I been using this method for the Dcup's adapter to the glass that gets buildup rather quick and sticks to my post I rest the Dcup on and it has done wonders for me. So I figure its worth a try. When it comes to the inside of a banger though on glass I like to use some pbw on a qtip with some iso and it cleans it up nicely with some scrubbing. Warm iso does work great also.
Ah, yes....trying to get 'trates reclaim off of the inside of an oil rig is my experience with PBW and this application. It just didn't really budge the stuff.

I have not tried it for the specific you cited...stuck insert.

Thanks for the insight.

started@52

I have never used an enail other then the vrod and only only a week at that. Prior to that my concentrate use has been through an MV-1, HVT SAI Top flow with buckets, Yocan Magneto, Dynacoil and a Carta. This thing is so smooth! Granted it is also my first time using a real(knockoff) piece of glass so I’m sure any enail through glass would have been a huge improvement and I probably couldn’t tell the difference, but...dabbing into that big skillet compared to the enail ring is so nice! The Dcup is definitely cooler, less dry then vapor the Vrod. Vrod is still awesome and I’m splitting hairs here but I definitely prefer the open cup dish then the donut dish. Blind session with someone else dropping the dab a might not even know the difference. Dcup sucks at vaping herb though, Vrod wins that for sure! :brow:

Top Bottom