DBV/SSV - Silicosis Risks With Ceramic Heating Rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott A

Hey @Scott A, I posted pictures of my ceramic rod, your unit. Please let me know what you find and how yours compares. Thanks!
I just looked at mine again while it was off and I dont see what shows up in your pictures. I can see what Im assuming you are talking about on your element and honestly I would probably be at least a little worried my self about using it if I had that going on.

Scott A,
Reactions: Jman5280

Jman5280

I just looked at mine again while it was off and I dont see what shows up in your pictures. I can see what Im assuming you are talking about on your element and honestly I would probably be at least a little worried my self about using it if I had that going on.

Thanks for comparing, and sharing your results. I have stopped using it, and I don't plan to ever use it again.

I am certainly worried since I have been inhaling off of this for the past few months. I worry about any permanent damage I may have done to my body, especially lungs. This sucks because I try to be healthy by using this, and I fear I have harmed myself more by using this DBV.

Also, now that I know this isn't normal, I am very concerned that 7th floor told me it was normal. That sound a fishy enough for me to stop trusting 7th floor. There must be other units out there where people are inhaling this crap, and they don't even know.

I checked out brand new units, and they don't have the same texture that has happened on my ceramic rod. @Scott A, your unit didn't show this either, which also tells me that this is certainly not normal.

Time to go back to combus****

Jman5280,

Jman5280

Hope that's a tongue in cheek comment 'cause if it isn't, that's akin to jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Nope it's real, jumping into the fire. It's better than having pieces of ceramic stabbing my lungs.

Jman5280,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nope it's real, jumping into the fire. It's better than having pieces of ceramic stabbing my lungs.

Except of course there haven't been any pieces of ceramic stabbing into your lungs. Several people have pointed out to you why this wasn't happening. A statement like that tells me that either you really haven't been doing the research on this, or you are grossly exaggerating for effect. One thing is clear though. You had your mind made up and nothing anyone could say was likely to change it.

There is absolutely no evidence to support the idea that the ceramic heater posed any increased risk over the dust you breathe in every day. The lung damage you fear happens to people who work with ceramics and breathe high concentrations of much larger particles for prolonged periods. That's the scientific evidence. On the other hand, the tar and particles resulting from combustion have been proven to be a much higher risk, but the good news for you is that nobody has shown a direct link between cannabis smoking and lung cancer.

Anyway, I explained at the beginning that when a question has been answered, we close and archive the thread. That's what I'm doing now. We've been more than tolerant. Since you were told that you have already exceeded the limit that we put on complaints, I am explicitly telling you not to post about this issue again—anywhere on FC. This horse is long past dead.
:horse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom