DBV compared to WDZ

Jens

I have been doing a lot of research in the last few weeks, but i still can't make up my mind. Sorry i couldn't come up with a more descriptive title, but i just have a lot of questions.

I want a vaporizer cause it is healthier than smoking, but i also want it to conserve weed.

At first i was fairly certain that i was going to buy a DBV, since everyone seems to think it is great and there is a 220v version (which i need since i live in europe) and the price-tag is under $200.

But i have often read that it isn't that efficient. Meaning that people vape the same amount of weed as they used to smoke while using DBV, because they can take bigger hits, the vapor is thicker etc..
How much of this is true? And if it is true that you can get high with a low amount of weed using a vaporizer, how come people still go trough the same amount or more while vaping?

I read that the woodeez is great to conserve weed, but why? Because the bowl you can pack is smaller?
Can't you do the same thing with DBV and just pack small bowls and achieve a nice high?

I am still most tempted to buy DBV, but this will be the first vape i ever buy/use so i want it to be the best i can get.
Any reason to pick an arizer V-tower over DBV, except for price?

And one more thing, totaly unrelated to vaporizing:
Someone told me, if i buy a vape online from America, i will pay about 20% more because i need to pay for the shipping, customs and VAT. Is this true? Because if a woodeez is realy that much more efficient, i would consider buying once since PD doesn't ship out to europe anymore.

thx

Jens,
All of these vaporizers are completely different. I have them all (not the dbv, its fancier brother the ssv, though) and they each fit a niche in my vaporizing experience. I suggest reading about them all, going over how you will use a vaporizer most often, then decide off of that, and your finances at the time. They all work, as in, they all get me ripped off of vapor. Each one has its own learning curve as well. All of your questions are answered in each vapes' respective thread. Welcome to the forum, and I hope you learn a lot here. I know I have.

SkeletonLips,

Jens

Just read that the DBV can be used with small bowls. Its hard to read 27pages, help a brother out :ko:

I decided not to go with MFLB since its battery life is to short, will edit my post.

But my questions remain:
How come people say WDZ or PD are that much more efficient? Is it because of the smaller bowl size? Would 0.5 grams in WDZ get me higher than the same amount in DBV? Do people still use the same amount because they want to smoke longer?

What would you recomend to a first time user?

Jens,
To be honest, I think that the WDZ makes it easier to load and get vapor out of a small amount of weed. In your DBV, if it's like my SSV, that small amount would just barely cover the screen of your wand, and you'd have to up the temp so it would still be hot enough to vape it that far away from the element. The SSV or DBV is meant more for bigger loads, and a longer session in my mind. I think the effeciency is about the same, it's just easier to load smaller measured doses with the WDZ or "log style" vapes. Also keep in mind that the DBV is variable temp, while the WDZ is not. You can get the DBV hotter to extract the higher temp stuff from your green. I have to say, that my WDZ doesn't leave much behind, though. The avb is a dark chocolate brown when I am done with a stem.
The price difference is also quite big, but I'm sure you've thought of that. Are you planning on using alone or with multiple people most of the time. The DBV would be better for more than a couple of people. Hope I've helped.

SkeletonLips,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Think 'Night and Day'

My Zap is VERY efficient due to the small bowl and the time that you have to take to enjoy it. On top of that, your ABV is much more suitable for other purposes as well. It isnt a good 'party vape' and not one I like to share with my 'smoker' buddies.

My SV on the other hand produces GAGGING huge clouds and is good to show off. My ABV is usually way more spent in the SV and it takes way more to get 'decent' results. (Similar to DBV in cloudage)

AGBeer,

Jens

Thx skelletonlip and agbeer ;)

i intend to use it with multiple persons, thats why i have been leaning towards DBV. (but well, multiple persons.. mostly me and 2 friends)
If i would for example load DBV's bowl good enough, but just decide to stop toking after 2-3 hits, would this be sufficient to get me high AND save weed? So i can take a few hits an hour later of the same load.

I know, i should just get the both of them, but for the first few months i will certainly not have enough cash to buy a second one ;)

I just find it so odd that the one can be so that much more efficient, seeing that they basicly do the same thing. Produce vapor but probably on a different temp.

Jens,

baurman

I have both the SSV and PD, and I haven't used the SSV ever since I got the PD. With the PD, I wake & bake and stay high all day long until I go to sleep with only 0.1g. The max bowl size is 0.025-50g but I load about half of that and one tube gets me where I want to be for about 2-3 hours. Cheers!

baurman,

Jens

i can't even imagine getting high of such a small mount :brow:

does it in any way vape more efficiently, or do you use that much less just because the bowls are smaller and you can quit when you're satisfied?

Edit: it seems to be impossible for me to obtain either a PD or e WDZ, so i gues the only choise left is the DBV. Doesn't realy matter that much i gues ;)

Jens,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Jens said:

does it in any way vape more efficiently, or do you use that much less just because the bowls are smaller and you can quit when you're satisfied?

Edit: it seems to be impossible for me to obtain either a PD or e WDZ, so i gues the only choise left is the DBV. Doesn't realy matter that much i gues ;)
You still have the option of the Myrtlezap. I dont believe there is a huge waiting list for that :)

AGBeer,

max

Out to lunch
Jens said:

A tiny bowl that won't hold much, or a small amount in something like the DBV, both provide hits that are manageable, vs. a huge hit from a DBV where you end up exhaling a huge cloud of vapor because you can't hold it long enough to process it. But loading tiny amounts in a full size whip bowl means getting hits with a lot of air-hits you can't feel even as much as one from a tiny bowl like the WZ, MZ, PD. It just isn't a satisfying way to vape. And with a tiny bowl, you do find yourself often just stopping for a while because you don't feel the need to load another. As for wait time, the PD is the only one of the three with a long wait time.

max,

the electrician

what ive always wondered is why people dont put the screen in from the other side, then pack the little hole thats now exposed with weed. why wouldnt that work just perfectly?

talking about on the dbv and that

the electrician,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
the electrician said:
what ive always wondered is why people dont put the screen in from the other side, then pack the little hole thats now exposed with weed. why wouldnt that work just perfectly?

talking about on the dbv and that
I'm not sure that would work. There would be nothing holding the screen in place. But it's an idea...

daddygreenjeans,

the electrician

daddygreenjeans said:
I'm not sure that would work. There would be nothing holding the screen in place. But it's an idea...
over time the resin that collects would hold it in place, although if you want to keep things clean that might become an issue. initially i guess some clever bending of an oversized screen might work to get it in there and stuck. but then again i dont actually own one of these things and im working from the pictures on their site

the electrician,
Top Bottom