orlandoduran

I loved my IQ when I first got it. Amazing vapor quality. I really liked the smart path feature as well. However, it is a NIGHTMARE to clean. Completely turned me off the vape and ended up giving it away.

Of course, its a piece of tech and needs to be maintained regularly but no one wants to work THAT hard in order to feel medicated.

What about it, exactly, was hard to clean?

orlandoduran,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
What about it, exactly, was hard to clean?
There's a spot right above the heater where the flavor chamber meets a rubber gasket. Under that rubber gasket gets extremely dirty and it's nearly impossible to get to. You can get to it, but the stuff is baked on since it's right above the heater, and applying enough pressure to actually clean it with anything is nearly impossible. It's the only reason I sold my IQ. Was a huge deal breaker for me since the rest of my vapes basically require no cleaning, and if they do ever need it I can just plop whatever part is dirty into some ISO and let it soak for a few minutes. The first (and last) time I cleaned my IQ I spent at least 30 minutes messing with it and it still wasn't what I would consider clean.

Last edited:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey Guys! I have some long awaited updates. Know that we've read each comment, have brought your concerns and findings before our product development team and they are indeed addressing everything and have found a solution that will go into effect as soon as possible. However per usual we recommend you clean your unit regularly, after each session, this will prevent resin build up. We will be releasing Tips & Hacks as well to help you maintain your unit and thank you for your patience with us as we refine things.

Last edited:

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
There's a spot right above the heater where the flavor chamber meets a rubber gasket. Under that rubber gasket gets extremely dirty and it's nearly impossible to get to. You can get to it, but the stuff is baked on since it's right above the heater, and applying enough pressure to actually clean it with anything is nearly impossible. It's the only reason I sold my IQ. Was a huge deal breaker for me since the rest of my vapes basically require no cleaning, and if they do ever need it I can just plop whatever part is dirty into some ISO and let it soak for a few minutes. The first (and last) time I cleaned my IQ I spent at least 30 minutes messing with it and it still wasn't what I would consider clean.

Thank you for disclosing this so quickly.

Vapeur Rogue,

Vapeur Rogue

Keep in mind that was the IQ I was talking about and not the MIQRO. I've been told the MIQRO doesn't have the same issue.
Ah yes. I think I recall one of the early reviews of the MIQRO mentioning how this had yet to be addressed and that threw me off as well. (Likely combined sets of data in my head).

Vapeur Rogue,

yourtokingbuddy

Keep in mind that was the IQ I was talking about and not the MIQRO. I've been told the MIQRO doesn't have the same issue.
Troy of 420vapezone mentioned this same thing about the IQ in his Miqro rundown on YouTube, but noted that the Miqro seems to not have these same a issues with how the herb chamber and airway has been redesigned to minimize the gaps in airways, but only prolonged use will tell how this fares as a daily driver.

Vapeur Rogue

Troy of 420vapezone mentioned this same thing about the IQ in his Miqro rundown on YouTube, but noted that the Miqro seems to not have these same a issues with how the herb chamber and airway has been redesigned to minimize the gaps in airways, but only prolonged use will tell how this fares as a daily driver.

This must have been the review I was conflating.

Vapeur Rogue,

django7

My MIQRO finally arrived but I think there’s something wrong. It sometimes turns off with some kind of message. It shows a series of symbols, some are letters, but they go by faster than I can read them. I guess it’s an error message? I guess it’s going back for service already.

django7,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
My MIQRO finally arrived but I think there’s something wrong. It sometimes turns off with some kind of message. It shows a series of symbols, some are letters, but they go by faster than I can read them. I guess it’s an error message? I guess it’s going back for service already.
Are you sure it's not simply reaching the end of the timed session?
That is what it does at the end of a smartpath session.
The messages are a little difficult to interpret, especially if you miss the first letter.
They don't bother me, and it's easy to ignore them if you don't have any interest.
Davinci are holding some sort of contest involving these messages, but I have no idea when, or what form the contest will take, or what the prize will be :shrug:

django7

The messages are a little difficult to interpret, especially if you miss the first letter.
They don't bother me, and it's easy to ignore them if you don't have any interest.
Davinci are holding some sort of contest involving these messages, but I have no idea when, or what form the contest will take, or what the prize will be :shrug:
I see them when I turn off the unit sometimes too, not just when it auto shuts down. Plus the auto shut down happens randomly. It’s inconsistent. I also find them annoying. :)

django7,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I see them when I turn off the unit sometimes too, not just when it auto shuts down. Plus the auto shut down happens randomly. It’s inconsistent. I also find them annoying. :)
Yeah, the messages appear EVERY time I switch off, or it switches iteslf off at the end of a Smart Path session, so I think that's normal.

If the battery is charged, and your mIQro is turning itself off randomly maybe you do have a problem.
Any thoughts on this @Davinci_vaporizer ?

Copacetic,
Reactions: Jill NYC

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Was about to spring for a cute mIQro. Should wait
until issues are addressed, I guess.

DaVinci has always seemed innovative, and pleasing. Like eye candy to me. :p

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@django7
The words at the end are not an error - it’s just some whimsical thing programmed in for fun. I think they have some contest related to the words - there is some info in the packaging that explains it.
I always forget to look at it, but I have written down several “inspiring” words I managed to catch when I first started playing with it.
The sessions last 5 minutes, which includes the heat up time, unless the battery is low, and then it will just shut down mid-session. However, you can usually turn it right back on for another minute or so, if you want to get a little extra out of the battery before it shuts down again.

django7

@django7
The words at the end are not an error - it’s just some whimsical thing programmed in for fun. I think they have some contest related to the words - there is some info in the packaging that explains it.
I always forget to look at it, but I have written down several “inspiring” words I managed to catch when I first started playing with it.
The sessions last 5 minutes, which includes the heat up time, unless the battery is low, and then it will just shut down mid-session. However, you can usually turn it right back on for another minute or so, if you want to get a little extra out of the battery before it shuts down again.

Hmm, ok. Dumb feature, but ok.

Thanks for the info!

———

I opened a ticket at Davinci to explain my issue with the MIQRO. I got an email back from customer support asking me if the unit was paired to the app. Seriously?

Surf Monkey

Hey Guys! I have some long awaited updates. Know that we've read each comment, have brought your concerns and findings before our product development team and they are indeed addressing everything and have found a solution that will go into effect as soon as possible. However per usual we recommend you clean your unit regularly, after each session, this will prevent resin build up. We will be releasing Tips & Hacks as well to help you maintain your unit and thank you for your patience with us as we refine things.

Good advice for any vape. Clean clean clean.

I’ve been using mine for a bit now and I dig it. The trick is getting the right pack. It wants to be more tightly packed than my instinct wants, but not so jammed that the airflow becomes basically impossible.

Once I got dialed in on loading it the unit really came alive. I run it at relatively high temp (I start at 385 and work up from there) and I let the whole thing pre-heat for about a minute before hitting it. With this method I can get a decent, very flavorful cloud out of it and a session featuring maybe 4 - 5 solid hits. I’m bumping up the temp 5 - 10 degrees after each draw.

The countdown timer is the only thing that bugs me about it. I get that it can’t have the draw based timer that the IQ has, and it’s smart to have it time out after two minutes with this little battery, but those LEDs are really bright. It would be nice to be able to activate a stealth mode that only lights them when it gets to the critically low level.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Copy and pasted from my IG as well as a video:

Can the Davinci MIQRO produce clouds? Find out now! Well ... in 50 seconds ... considering that's how long the vid is: https://instagram.com/p/BnpxsTOFfpt/
Standard conduction vape characteristics through a bubbler. Fat Insta burst of vapor then a dropoff into thinner vapor as the air:vapor ratio drops off since the conduction heater can't continuously cook the vapor off the herb at a fast enough rate.
So what say you then? Well, don't force this vape to perform like a convection vape and instead play around its strengths and what it was designed for. Sure this doesn't hold vapor as long as the Solo 2, but it's also a fraction of the size and weight and significantly easier to carry, pack and go. Grab the MIQRO, sit on the back porch, and puff until the bowl is done. You will get to where you want to be but on a different journey.
Don't get me wrong, this can blow satisfying clouds on the higher temps when you want, but if you want a vape for big clouds there are other vapes. It's like pimping out your SUV to be fast, there's other cars for that task that will utilize the speed more effectively. This vape works better for quick bursts of clouds, nice hits within seconds but not much more cloudage if held out for longer draws. You saw how quickly that milked ...
All in all, great fun vape. Full video will be coming.

@Surf Monkey you can dim brightness. Press power and down at same time.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Still watching this, very tempted, but should probably be selling many unused others first...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: AJS

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer

Smart cookie ;-).

django7

Sooo… how is Davinci customer support? My current experience with them is...bad. Is that the norm?

I submitted a ticket about my MIQRO, and received a message back from a representative who only asked me if I had paired the MIQRO with the app. Since the MIQRO doesn't have an app, this confused me, so I asked what they meant.

And that was it. No further contact. No acknowledgement of my question at all.

Eventually, I figured out the answer to my question by posting here, so I'm good. But...

Is this what I can expect when I have problems with Davinci products? I really like the vaporizers, so this concerns me a bit.

django7,
Reactions: stark1

Mr. Me2

Sooo… how is Davinci customer support? My current experience with them is...bad. Is that the norm?

I submitted a ticket about my MIQRO, and received a message back from a representative who only asked me if I had paired the MIQRO with the app. Since the MIQRO doesn't have an app, this confused me, so I asked what they meant.

And that was it. No further contact. No acknowledgement of my question at all.

Eventually, I figured out the answer to my question by posting here, so I'm good. But...

Is this what I can expect when I have problems with Davinci products? I really like the vaporizers, so this concerns me a bit.
@Davinci_vaporizer is very active here and I’m sure they will see your post. But you may want to pm them. I’m sure they will make it right.

Top Bottom