• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Zow237

I got a post too but no pearl in the regular package. Personally the explorers package is a waste of money to me. 50 bux for a glove and a battery is def not worth it to me imo. Why can't we buy accessories yet. Was hoping the batteries and or extra parts were in stock but I guess I have to wait :(

SmokeyTheBeard

I have had the Miqro since Thursday and have ran many many bowls through it using mostly the flat mouthpiece. Good vapor and flavor. The oven can hold quite a bit more than I was expecting but the pearl can really reduce the size. Cleaning has been pretty simple. No issues at all so far. Easy and enjoyable vape to use. I have many vapes but this is my first Davinci. Both the product and customer service have been great.

Zow237

What is the best way to get the most vapor. I can't seem to get consistent results. I have just been packing full or almost full, bring the pearl down as much as I can, and pack the bud tight. But how tight is tight supposed to be? Just a tamp? O r a real tight pack?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
What is the best way to get the most vapor. I can't seem to get consistent results. I have just been packing full or almost full, bring the pearl down as much as I can, and pack the bud tight. But how tight is tight supposed to be? Just a tamp? O r a real tight pack?
I still haven't been able to bring myself to try a proper tight pack, too stuck in my convection ways lol!

A moderately tight pack has been working well for me.
I haven't tried anything else yet though.

Copacetic,
Reactions: Zow237

HSIHP

@Jill NYC , I see you also have a Fury 2. I'm officially stuck between getting one of these two but I'm a little more excited for the MQ. I know it's still early in your impressions but besides the obvious (swappable battery, convection/conduction, looks) which would you stick with if you only had one?

HSIHP,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
This may be beggin the question, but would @Davinci_vaporizer explore a discount code
for FC members in good standing for the loaded mIQro Explorer package....

In turn, FC mIQro owners can return feedback? :wave:

It’s cute. Big Brother would approve.

2a7v0xd.jpg

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@HSIHP Yeah, it is too soon to be sure.... but with that in mind, and disregarding the obvious points stated by you, as of this moment, I will say this:
The mIQro beats the Fury in flavor.
The Fury wins in most every other category: efficiency, consistency, heat up time, ease of use, maintenance and has proven itself to be extremely reliable (I’ve had mine for almost a year).
If you made me choose today, it would be the F2.
But I do not regret my purchase, I am enjoying the mIQro thoroughly and the only major thing that is disappointing thus far is the inability to truly microdose with it.
Time will tell if it will be as reliable. I look forward to putting it to the test!

Grey hair

Flop shot guru
Miqro just got delivered.
A shout out to Da Vinci for hookin' me up with the VIP thang.
If it's anything like the IQ I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Still in the box.
Christmas in September?
This is one sexy little unit.
Feels solid ( the Miqro, that is....)
Easy to navigate through the temp and paths.
No issues with vapor production.
Tastes great.
Happy with the accessories in the Explorer kit.

No regrets what so ever.

I don't like comparing vapes too much.
They all have their strengths.

2 families in the collection now
S and B ( mighty/ crafty)
And Da Vinci.

My other vapes are alone but not lonely.

May work on adding a 3rd family.
Will track down a suitable pairing for the omni.

Copacetic

This is one sexy little unit......
May work on adding a 3rd family.
Will track down a suitable pairing for the omni.

I agree about the mIQro, I'm really enjoying mine too.
Not because it's better than other 'high end' vapes, but more to do with the different draw required compared to most convection vapes (that I have experience with).
A session for me is currently; short 4-5 second draws a minute or so apart, and I'm enjoying the change of pace.
Smart Paths 1 and 2, occasionally 3.

As a butane to pair with a vapcap, how about the new Sticky Brick Runt, or a Vapman?
Very different vapes I know, but variety is the spice of life and all that.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Pretty slow moving thread considering the big release. Not sure why this didn't pick up more!

Miqro arrived at my house Friday but unfortunately I left for vacation a few hours before it arrived. I'll get to use it Monday. I'm actually super excited, I want a self contained tasty conduction vape to sip on without having to deal with massive bowls or external stems. Don't get me wrong, I love my Solo 2 but I really want a nice all in 1 conduction vape and not have to deal with a separate stem sometimes or cleaning gunked screens.

Very excited! I'll try to get some vids up for you guys.

How's everyone liking it?

Grey hair

Flop shot guru
I've used it half a dozen times to date. I wouldn't suggest a super fine grind.
Great tasting vapor.
Not huge clouds ( unless you user higher temps) . This doesn't bother me as I have other units for that.
So far, Da Vinci's attempt at a decent microdose unit is on track.
Like someone stated in a previous post
'Time will tell'

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Not sure why this didn't pick up more!
My guess is it's because all the reviews/videos so far show what I would consider very weak vapor production. Even considering the size. Looks like the PAX puts out MUCH bigger (but probably way less tasty) clouds.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: stark1

Copacetic

How's everyone liking it?

Loving mine, which is a relief as I felt I was taking a little bit of a gamble due to my conduction experience being limited to: butane vapes (Vapcap(hybrid), Vapman), Inhalater 05, Flowermate v3 (2nd hand, didn't enjoy flavour AT ALL!) and brief experience of Plenty and Pax2.
None of which really impress me except for the butane ones (love them, especially the VC), and the Plenty, which is a completely different kettle of fish!

Clouds are plentiful from my mIQro at the higher temps, but I MUCH prefer the flavour on smartpaths 1 & 2, and I do get some clouds on 2.

I don't own a fine grinder, so all my packs have been medium grind from an SLX 303.
I always have the pearl fully extended and have played around with micro dosing, but the mIQro does require the minimum equivalent of a full Vapcap load to work at its best IMO.
(Sorry, I don't own scales, so I can't weigh).
That's fine by me, as I bought this as mainly an out and about stealth solution, and a larger load that I can get a couple of sessions out of before reloading is ideal.

A minor annoyance that has emerged is that even though I don't grind fine, if I stir after one session, I get some particles coming through the vape.
Nothing really bothersome for me, but it deserves a mention in case a prospective buyer needs to know.
I've just stopped stirring , as the mIQro seems to vape the bowl evenly anyway, and a stir isn't required.

I'm burning through the batteries pretty damn quick, and I seem to get 3 sessions per cell, which I am fairly happy with considering the tiny size of the device.

I haven't found a battery retailer with stock of 'good' 18350 cells in the UK yet, and Davinci don't seem to offer 18350s on their site yet (!), so I'm stuck with just the two batteries that came with the Explorers kit, which is mildly annoying.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase so far, definitely a keeper in my book, and if I had to choose between the mIQro and my Grasshopper (fully functional) I think I'd go for the mIQro as I prefer the shorter 'puffs' that work best with the Davinci to the longer draws that the Grasshopper requires (for out and about use at least, the Grasshopper trumps it for huge rips through glass, but I don't use either vape that way often anymore).

Flavour from the mIQro is excellent on the lower paths (very 'clean'), and reasonable on 3, but a bit too 'toasty' to really savour on 4 for me, and I prefer my other vapes for high temp extraction.

I have yet to try some path 1 or 2 ABV in another vape like the VC to see what's left.
I will get round to it eventually though.

EDIT:
FWIW, my experience of the Pax(2) is limited, but the mIQro seems to offer equally big clouds to me.
I don't own a Pax and haven't compared both vapes with the same strain though.

Last edited:

orlandoduran

Loving mine so far. It’s my first vape, so the insights I can offer are limited. I’ve been using it on smart path 4 bc I like clouds and even at near max temps it is so easy on the lungs relative to, like, my combustion one-hitter.

I have been blown away by the build quality. Not sure how it compares to the IQ. it feels substantial in the hand. Hinges are all nice and tight.

Packaging was absurdly nice, must have cost a fortune — there’s a fucking magnetic latch in the cardboard.

So far my only complaint is with the microUSB port. It’s recessed in such a way that you kind of have to jiggle your way in. The rubber cap for the port is not snug enough to really use.

Battery life is predictably short.

Oh yeah, and I think there’s a bug in the firmware regarding boost mode. When I use it, the temperature starts dropping like a stone instead of going up. Or at least the temps printing to the screen are going down.

I’d like to be able to turn off the little messages that print to the screen after a session. Cute, but not really my aesthetic.

I can’t vouch for how well it extracts, as i’m vaping like 200:1 CBD flower, so there’s not much of a buzz to compare against smoking.

All in all, I’m very happy with it. Firmware definitely needs a patch for boost mode.

EDIT: Strikethroughs. @Copacetic cleared some things up for me.

EDIT 2: I can also vouch for what Copacetic said about particles coming through the mouthpiece after stirring. And while the unit never gets unbearably hot during smart path 4, if you just session at 430 it'll be approaching unpleasant to hold.

Last edited:

Copacetic

and I think there’s a bug in the firmware regarding boost mode. When I use it, the temperature starts dropping like a stone instead of going up. Or at least the temps printing to the screen are going down.

All in all, I’m very happy with it. Firmware definitely needs a patch for boost mode.
Hey there!
Welcome to FC, a major body in the vaping firmament :wave:

Something which the manual fails to instruct is that to swap from Smart Path mode (which the mIQro always starts in) to Precision mode requires more than the single press of the power button it suggests (I'll come back to this).

If you are in Smart Path mode and want to use Boost, you must hold the power button for the entire time you want the boost.
As soon as you release the power button the vape reverts to 'Standby mode ' which is why the temp arrows start to indicate dropping temp' as soon as you release the power button.
(Standby reduces temp to preserve battery until another button is pressed )

Going back to precision mode:
To move from Smart Path mode to Precision requires a short press of the power button (the vape will indicate current temp for a moment) followed immediately with a press of either temp up, or down, to choose your target temp for Precision Mode.

Does this help at all?

orlandoduran

Hey there!
Welcome to FC, a major body in the vaping firmament :wave:

Something which the manual fails to instruct is that to swap from Smart Path mode (which the mIQro always starts in) to Precision mode requires more than the single press of the power button it suggests (I'll come back to this).

If you are in Smart Path mode and want to use Boost, you must hold the power button for the entire time you want the boost.
As soon as you release the power button the vape reverts to 'Standby mode ' which is why the temp arrows start to indicate dropping temp' as soon as you release the power button.
(Standby reduces temp to preserve battery until another button is pressed )

Going back to precision mode:
To move from Smart Path mode to Precision requires a short press of the power button (the vape will indicate current temp for a moment) followed immediately with a press of either temp up, or down, to choose your target temp for Precision Mode.

Does this help at all?

It does, thank you.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
So far my only complaint is with the microUSB port. It’s recessed in such a way that you kind of have to jiggle your way in. The rubber cap for the port is not snug enough to really use.
I thought this was just me... I am having a really tough time getting the plug to fit. It’s actually easier for me to use an external battery charger than charging vape.
I’ve already lost the cap.

Copacetic

I thought this was just me... I am having a really tough time getting the plug to fit. It’s actually easier for me to use an external battery charger than charging vape.
I’ve already lost the cap.
I too have been using an external charger, and until you posted this I hadn't even thought to try the USB cable!
I tried it just now, and mine goes in easy, but only if I angle the plug a TINY bit upon insertion.
Hard to describe in text, but if I have the 'Davinci' logo facing me with the socket on my left , the cable needs to be angled a tiny bit off perfectly horizontal for easy connection .
On mine the micro USB which is about to go into the vape needs to be a little lower than the rest of the cable (the angle is very small, and once the plug goes in it 'settles' against the vape at a perfect 90 degree angle by itself.
If I do this the cable goes in without any wrestling or difficulty.

If I try to insert the micro USB perfectly flat it's a struggle to get it in at all.

I have other cables and devices where this is true too.
I think it's the little sprung 'teeth' on the bottom of some cables that help prevent the plug from just dropping out of the socket that require the very slight angle of insertion.
I have another micro USB cable which has less pronounced teeth (not sprung like the Davinci cable, just little raised bumps) and it goes in without needing to be angled at all.
Both cables settle at a perfect right angle to the vape, but the non Davinci one wants to fall out very easily.

Does this describe yours, or help in any way?

Sorry for lengthy post, difficult to describe in text (had to edit a few times to avoid the 'out of context' thread!:lol:

Edit:
BTW my USB cap was so loose that I assumed it was just there for shipping, there's no way mine would ever stay in place at all.
I kinda think it is just part of the packaging as I have loads of pocket devices which have open, uncovered USB ports, and rarely if ever encounter problems :shrug:

Moose

I loved my IQ when I first got it. Amazing vapor quality. I really liked the smart path feature as well. However, it is a NIGHTMARE to clean. Completely turned me off the vape and ended up giving it away.

Of course, its a piece of tech and needs to be maintained regularly but no one wants to work THAT hard in order to feel medicated.

Top Bottom