OF

OF, I see where you mean, but mine is mot sharp enough to disturb skin in any way. Perhaps you want to speak with the dealer.

Lucky you. I'm sure it's the way you're holding it (the machining is precise, computer controlled no doubt). Or perhaps you have a tougher hide than me (possible of course, but my hands are tougher than most).

Most any 'sharp' (square) edge can SCRAPE skin. Sometimes called 'a scratch'. Not actually cutting as I suspect folks are thinking. Same as you can scrape skin with fingernails?

As the unit SLIPS LOWER in my hand, that corner scrapes a bit more. When I put alcohol on it, there was little question at at least a few of those 'hit paydirt'. Guys with a tighter grip no doubt don't notice since it doesn't slip?

FWIW, DV's first two vapes (which I own) don't suffer from this ergonomics oversight. IMO the corners should be slightly ROUNDED slightly, not finished like a dull knife blade. As should all such corners unless you've a reason (like grip?) to do otherwise.

In other news, I was just enjoying (no, make that 'further testing'.....) and decided to recharge, confirming something I thought I saw earlier but not mentioned yet? This guy recharges fast. I expected the typical just under half an Amp, instead it's over 3/4 Amp! This means an hour recharge will fully recharge or nearly so worst case. Remember that the charge rate tapers, the last 10% takes as long as the 20% before it. It 'wastes time' (as do all such charge circuits) until the rate drops to 1/10 of the original value, noting much is happening past an hour anyway.

This, I think, takes some of the sting out of the short run time. If you can put it down for a little while you can replace the charge easily and avoid swapping cells (I still find the battery door latch 'fiddly', something I have to see clearly to work).

Pretty cool for such a tiny package. The very sort of thing you'd expect from DV, once they'd 'set their minds to it'. Another great option for us in the vape marketplace! Ain't Capitalism grand?

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Never met you Ataxian, but sounds like you'd appreciate the IQ ( biggy ) over the mini ( smally). My two cents. No pennies in Canada anymore. So 5 cents.

Kief is the shit.
I don’t need a new portable!
However this little guy is just what I want.
Da IQ is perfect 4 what I need it 4!
I use my SOLO 4 long session ‘s
Short ones da MINI + they look cool!
FRIDAY is KIEF & COLAS day at least 420!

Last edited:

Grey hair

Flop shot guru
I don’t need a new portable!
However this little guy is just what I want.
Da IQ is perfect 4 what I need it 4!
I use my SOLO 4 long session ‘s
Short ones da MINI + they look cool!
FRIDAY is KIEF & COLAS day at least 420!
Kief and Cola Fridays.
You're on ta something there...

dms25

Can someone please explain to me how to get vapor out of this thing?

I'm relatively inexperienced in the domain, I have owned an Xvape Vital for 3 years and it's been doing the job, however I recently quit the e-cigs and decided to get a new herb vape as I'm using it more often now.

So I did a bit of research and chose the Miqro, as I'm a light user and wanted something stealthy. I've had it for two days only but at the moment I feel like I threw €150 out the window. I expected a step up from my Vital but at the moment it's the other way around. No vapor, little taste, 1 session and the herb is already dried out. I could do 3 sessions with the Vital without packing it full and still get some vapor.

I guess there is a learning curve, but i've watched to reviews and followed the tips but nothing is working :/

dms25

As a starting point, try 1/5 to 1/4 gram, well dried, ground medium/fine with the 'pearl' up and range 3 (390 to 410F) for heat. Let it 'heat soak' for the first minute?

OF

Thanks, seemed to work better. I basically filled the oven loosely then packed it down so it was half full. Got some decent vapor.

My problem now is the battery, 1 session and down to half capacity!
And worse even, this thing seems to drain the battery when it's not on! Had it fully charged, then not in use for 36h, then turned it on to find the battery at less then half capacity, seriously?

mulciber

Can someone please explain to me how to get vapor out of this thing? ... I guess there is a learning curve, but i've watched to reviews and followed the tips but nothing is working :/

I was bothered by this, because I initially felt the way you did, but now know better. However, I didn't want to go into any long explanations here. Instead, let me assure you of two things. First, no, the MIQRO does not produce huge, billowy, voluminous clouds. Second, it does what it's supposed to as well or better than any device I've used, and I've used a bunch. I would not say that there is a learning curve, but would concede that once you grasp the way this device works best you'll find it a pleasure to use and intensely effective.

In practical terms, I would only offer two tips. I have mostly favored convection devices, but the conduction devices I'm used to also differ from the MIQRO in the way they process the material. In the case of the MIQRO, everything depends on usage patterns - whether you're using it as an on-the-go one-and-done, or for an extended session will determine your technique, and the two shouldn't be mixed up. The on-demand feel that some devices cater to is interpreted differently here, and the "Smart Paths" really are smart, when used correctly. The second thing to keep in the front of your mind is tight packing. This device really does require it, but it simultaneously offers a way to use the material efficiently. All I can suggest is to consider the physical properties of the ceramic oven, and the reaction the material has with it, closely. Get a feel for that and you get the MIQRO.

I recommend you spend some time putting your head into how this heats, how air flows through it, and the general "personality" of the device. It really opened my eyes, and now I've no concerns about it whatsoever. I now think it's one of the best devices I've ever owned (and like so many here, as I say, I've owned a few...).

Good luck!

PS: Concerning the battery, as far as I know it should NOT drain if the device is off, so I'd make sure your battery is properly charged to begin with. But you're right that it burns through battery power like an MF, and that's unnerving. But in all honesty, I charge when I can, and I keep a spare battery handy, and I've never had a serious issue. It appears to drain faster than it actually does, I think.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@OF Thanks so much for putting stock into my opinion - it means a lot as I still feel like a newbie compared to you (in the world of vaping). I appreciate all of your contributions to FC and have always respected your expertise and opinions (even when I occasionally disagree!)
Anyhow, I hope you remain happy with your decision.
I’m also glad to see you in the thread, I can’t wait to see what kind of hacks you come up with to improve the miqro.

For those of you discussing batteries... I picked up these a few weeks ago:
https://www.illumn.com/batteries-ch...imr18350-1200mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html

So far, they are working great. I keep forgetting to tally each time I turn it on (I blame it on the vape). But I am getting at least 2 more sessions per battery than with the stock battery.
When I actually do a proper test, I will give you guys an accurate count (probably more than 2) But just wanted to throw it out there for those of you frustrated with the life of the stock battery.

dms25

Do you people put as much herb in as this guy? (at 4 minutes)

I've been putting less then half this amount in...

Thanks for your reply mulciber!

no, the MIQRO does not produce huge, billowy, voluminous clouds.
That I did not expect, but I do expect to see something coming out of my mouth to know it's working.

Thanks for the tips, however still not sure what I should do. I guess I'll be running a lot of CBD through this thing to get the hang of it before using it properly ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

That I did not expect, but I do expect to see something coming out of my mouth to know it's working.

Thanks for the tips, however still not sure what I should do. I guess I'll be running a lot of CBD through this thing to get the hang of it before using it properly ;)

I wouldn't get too hung up on visible vapor. If you're putting good herb in and it comes out spent that's all you can ask/expect?

Thanks, seemed to work better. I basically filled the oven loosely then packed it down so it was half full. Got some decent vapor.

My problem now is the battery, 1 session and down to half capacity!

Repeat a technique until it's repeatable on demand, Then change ONE THING under your control (cure, grind, temperature, pack, etc). Follow the results you like. Repeat each change to confirm before incorporating.

I'd also stop using low THC weed, unless that's your target.

OF

mulciber

Do you people put as much herb in as this guy? (at 4 minutes)

Yes, this looks exactly right to me. This is a good review in general. I was afraid that my previous post sounded a bit too vague and abstract ("when you know, you'll know...) and I didn't mean it to be. When the guy in the video says that long draws are counterproductive, he's picking up on the kind of thing one observes after a time with the MIQRO that might not be immediately evident. The ceramic oven is relatively small, you're heating tightly-bound material to release x-amount of vapor, and all you need is enough breath to move it about two inches into your face. Then you must give the oven the chance to release more vapor, etc. It's a question of timing and working with the machine. I hope the MIQRO will continue to reveal itself to you!

OF

Does this boy hit like its older brother being that its so small and has a smaller battery?

Of course not. That was not the goal.

The goal was better performance in 'micro-dosing'. Some complain they didn't go far enough (they want .050 gram loads), but I think most of us feel they hit the goal pretty well with loads closer to .125 (1/8 gram). But it won't compete with vapes with several times the load, more mass and surface area in the oven and longer vapor paths.

Within limits, the size of the battery plays no useful role.

It's a fine machine, but not magic.

Regards to all.

OF

dms25

I hope the MIQRO will continue to reveal itself to you!

Yes it has been and I'm really enjoying it now. Packing tight and short draws seems to be the key. On my old vape I didn't pack at all and took long draws so that's why I was lost with the Miqro to start with :D

I'd also stop using low THC weed, unless that's your target.

May I ask why? I gave up nicotine & e-cigs recently, CBD has been helpful once a day as my "day time smoke", THC is for the evenings ;)

OF

May I ask why? I gave up nicotine & e-cigs recently, CBD has been helpful once a day as my "day time smoke", THC is for the evenings ;)

Because you can't accurately judge the effect? THC gives you feedback, CBD not so much so. And the temperature range will differ, with CBD being higher.

Your various drug uses are of course none of my business. I may have been mistaken, but I thought the subject at the time is 'how do I get good production from this thing?'? IMO THC makes for better metric than CBD. The whole idea of 'keeping a clear head' to me means it's potentially 'out of calibration'.

Regards to all.

OF

malanbalan

So I just got mine today. PIU, ever anxious for yet more of my money, sent out a 'bait' email. Not the first time they've sucked me in this way. I'm very happy with my Fury 2 (very similar, really) but I started reading this thread (which I've now completed). By the time I was maybe 5 or 6 pages in reviews from several of the usual suspects (principally @Jill NYC in this case), folks who I know and put stock in based on their experience, I put the order in.

PIU, once again, gave amazing service. I ordered it Monday afternoon (it shipped that night), I was making vapor with it today, less than 48 hours later! Probably not possible to beat that? I went down to the local Dispensary (now Recreational only) and got a couple of grams for testing first thing this morning.

I'm as impressed as the others with it. With one issue nobody has posted about, sharp edges where they can dig into my hands? I mean there's some sadist sharpening the corners (beveling them so they're even sharper than otherwise). I got my microscope out and confirmed the light debris really was skin scraped off my palm in two sessions? How could this have escaped Beta review? It's just plain old distracting for no reason I can see.

I was 'bout to take a file to it (destroying the finish) but better ugly than irritating (which would lead to using a different vape). But then I decided to try a piece of self adhesive felt like you'd put on the bottom of a table lamp to protect the table. Fixed the sharp issue and even makes it sit better on the desk. For now, 'it's a keeper'.

More testing is called for, not to worry I'm volunteering for it. Might even end up taking another run for something else tasty to try? Worse things can happen for sure.

Thanks to all who contributed their experience and advice, especially Jill even if she does live on that other coast. New and better vapes coming out faster and faster. Brothers and Sisters, we are truly blessed. We're 'walking in tall cotton', no doubt about it.

Regards to all.

OF
Definitely your unit. No sharp edges that cut or scrape even if I apply pressure against my skin. I habe really soft skin. So no.

OF, I see where you mean, but mine is mot sharp enough to disturb skin in any way. Perhaps you want to speak with the dealer.
Yes, no way it could cut or scrape skin. I am passing it like it was a knife to my skin. Nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

Yes, no way it could cut or scrape skin. I am passing it like it was a knife to my skin. Nothing.

No, as I said not 'long way' like a knife, but 'sideways' like a scraper? I doubt it's my unit, the surface is machined in and the same in all four corners on mine.

Like I said, I checked the debris under my microscope, it's skin. And alcohol confirms where it came from. It's a 'very square' edge less than .010 inches wide. Like a new screwdriver, it can easily scrape. I just tried it with a wooden tongue depressor.......it scrapes (Beech) wood.....

And not "pressing", but sliding past?

As I said, it's no doubt due to the grip I use which is looser than most. When the unit slips down in my hand it scrapes sometimes. Other vapes have this to a lesser degree (like Solo II and Stealth). It's real and intentional (not a defect in my unit).

For now, the felt pad on the bottom is covering the lower two corners, the upper ones I can easily avoid.

OF

OF,
Reactions: arb

malanbalan

No, as I said not 'long way' like a knife, but 'sideways' like a scraper? I doubt it's my unit, the surface is machined in and the same in all four corners on mine.

Like I said, I checked the debris under my microscope, it's skin. And alcohol confirms where it came from. It's a 'very square' edge less than .010 inches wide. Like a new screwdriver, it can easily scrape. I just tried it with a wooden tongue depressor.......it scrapes (Beech) wood.....

And not "pressing", but sliding past?

As I said, it's no doubt due to the grip I use which is looser than most. When the unit slips down in my hand it scrapes sometimes. Other vapes have this to a lesser degree (like Solo II and Stealth). It's real and intentional (not a defect in my unit).

For now, the felt pad on the bottom is covering the lower two corners, the upper ones I can easily avoid.

OF
Nope, it is your device not even like a scraper I am ”scraping” hard against my skin so much pressure any object would leave a mark. Nothing no debris. Pax 2-3 edges are the same not soft but no way the can scrape

Last edited:

dms25

I understand what OF is getting at. It's a hard edge, not the soft edge we are used to on all of our hand-held devices. It's not hard enough to worry me in any way but it is not soft either.

OF

I understand what OF is getting at. It's a hard edge, not the soft edge we are used to on all of our hand-held devices. It's not hard enough to worry me in any way but it is not soft either.

Yup, just so. Please understand I'm not afraid of such things, just annoyed by them. "Harshes my mellow". No need for it, although it effects a small part of the users. IMO such things should either be avoided up front in the Engineering through experience or discovered in (broad enough) testing at the Beta stage? But there lies the rub, this industry seems to 'crimp' on that testing with small test groups and compressed schedules.

For instance, I'm color blind like about 8% of the males in the world (basically no females due to the X/Y gene thing), about as meany as are left handed. I'm like half of us, Blue/Green 'blind' (there are a dozen or so classes, some quite severe, some very mild). Think about it, half the left handed guys out there have troubles and yet we continue to produce vapes and other products that depend on the users ability to know the color changes to work them properly???? It's a slick, cheap, idea but are they really knowingly making a product some customers can't use easily?

Again, IMO this is an oversight, not a flaw with my unit as some would insist. That edge is intentional and no doubt 'on all units'. Exchanges would just fill up PIU with used units.

OF

OF,
Reactions: arb

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes it has been and I'm really enjoying it now. Packing tight and short draws seems to be the key. On my old vape I didn't pack at all and took long draws so that's why I was lost with the Miqro to start with :D

THC 24/7 4-me!
SATIVA with ESPRESSO
HYBRID 4 reading
INDICA B-4 sleep
3 strains 4 my need’s?

I like da size of this thing?
I use the QUARTS nails and EVO B-4 bed!
ROSIN is getting cheap?
$20/gram?

Last edited:

StringTheorista

C1855-D30-F4-CE-4-EB4-B3-CE-7-FD288342756.jpg