• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

StringTheorista

It's going to be a while before we announce further details however you're able to purchase mini spacers for the MIQRO from smoke shops and even Amazon. Hope this helps!
Anyone know what this is referring to? What kind of “mini spacers” should I be looking for on amazon?I’m assuming they mean a repurposing of something else that is readily available, but I don’t know what that would be. And searching “spacers for davinci miqro” yields nothing.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Only Davinci knows:shrug:

These?

28mflhy.jpg

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Hmmm. They are 8mm round x 2mm thick. Bowl appears to be about 9mm wide tanwidets part, not clear whether the tapers to the oval edge leave room for a 8mm circle. I would worry about getting it stuck...might have to get som win hand and *gingerly* experiment

Edit: they seem to also come in a 7mm size

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
If you are into experimentation, try HR’s Fury dosing Caps, the baskets
Become shaped by walls and oval “pearl” of the mIQro, effectively
Forming a limiting volume. (Sans cap)

Until Davinci makes dosing limiters, we have to improvise a
stopgap measure? :buzz:

Grey hair

Flop shot guru
I just had a couple of CIVILIZED sessions (not the OLD DA)
Maybe the small one?
I don’t know what I want?

KIEF & CANNABIS COLAS = Da way it is meant!

Never met you Ataxian, but sounds like you'd appreciate the IQ ( biggy ) over the mini ( smally). My two cents. No pennies in Canada anymore. So 5 cents.

Kief is the shit.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Anyone know what this is referring to? What kind of “mini spacers” should I be looking for on amazon?I’m assuming they mean a repurposing of something else that is readily available, but I don’t know what that would be. And searching “spacers for davinci miqro” yields nothing.
@Davinci_vaporizer You are embarrassing yourself. My question was on the existing spacers for the IQ, and why they are still black after leaving in alcohol for a week. I realize this is the Miqro thread, but you obviously have done nothing to resolve this, and don't even remember the issue! I'm losing my patience; can you please do your job? Thanks.

Hi There, sorry, I did actually respond last week asking you if you put the spacers in the unit before the herb as that's one of the ways they can blacken and get as dirty as they are. I also confirmed with our repair dept. that ultrasonic cleaner works. Not sure why you didnt get the message. I'll inbox you the screenshot. Sorry if you felt neglected. Sometimes these forums can get a bit muddied when there are a few questions in one message box, so I may have indeed gave your answer to someone else, that possibly chimed into the question when you created the thread. Hope this helps! Happy Holidays :-)

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Is it inadvisable to try a 1200 mAh 18350 battery with the MIQRO?

Thanks.
As long as I thought the battery itself was safe, I'd be happy to use any high capacity 18350.
The higher the better IMO.
Unlike high drain convection vapes, a conduction vape like this which takes longer to heat up, can afford to use the highest capacity available (which might limit the Amperage available a little) as opposed to say an unregulated convection vape which must be used with a battery capable of (in some cases very ) high amp drain, which limits the capacity available.

I'd be quite happy with any reputable make of 1200mAh, but to be super safe (coz I iz an eejit) wait for someone more knowledgeable such as @Davinci_vaporizer to chime in!
Batteries are serious business after all, even if the mIQro is fully regulated.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Is it inadvisable to try a 1200 mAh 18350 battery with the MIQRO?

Thanks.
From a few months ago:
And the battery- we have a 900Mah that comes stock, although our engineer said he was testing 1200 Mah batteries as well. If you can find one that's "really" 1200 Mah, might get an extra session or two out of the unit. We're always searching for upgrades here too.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hey homies!

Do you use screen filters on miqro? I'm always "eating" herbs.. I don't know if I grind 2much or if the holes from miqro are 2big..

Any tip?

Much love!
I never have an issue with this and have never used a screen.
Maybe you should use a coarser grind? Sounds like you grind too fine.

Edited grammatical errors.

Last edited:

Chiron

Oddly enough I seem to get some with the mouthpiece extension, but not the flat one. I just got a Sneaky Pete micro bubbler and it happens to help with this:)

mulciber

Hey homies!

Do you use screen filters on miqro? I'm always "eating" herbs.. I don't know if I grind 2much or if the holes from miqro are 2big..

Here's what I found: I've had my MIQRO for a week and have been learning more (and appreciating more) all the while. But I thought that it was mysterious that the draw occasionally got much harder. I happen to prefer the flat mouthpiece. I cleaned it all once, just as a matter of course, and found that the draw improved - but I'd also been playing with oven quantities, so that might have been the reason. Just today I cleaned the flat mouthpiece again in isopropyl alcohol because I noticed that the draw had again become more difficult. On close inspection I noticed that there were small particles occluding the air passage. These floated out into the iso, and after a pipe cleaning and some compressed air, the draw was perfect again.

So I support the idea that unless you pack very tightly and grind loosely, it's likely small particles are going through, and I'm going to fiddle around with some screen ideas.

PS: I've also ordered an extra flat mouthpiece so I can switch it out in a pinch.

Herbalist23

Here's what I found: I've had my MIQRO for a week and have been learning more (and appreciating more) all the while. But I thought that it was mysterious that the draw occasionally got much harder. I happen to prefer the flat mouthpiece. I cleaned it all once, just as a matter of course, and found that the draw improved - but I'd also been playing with oven quantities, so that might have been the reason. Just today I cleaned the flat mouthpiece again in isopropyl alcohol because I noticed that the draw had again become more difficult. On close inspection I noticed that there were small particles occluding the air passage. These floated out into the iso, and after a pipe cleaning and some compressed air, the draw was perfect again.

So I support the idea that unless you pack very tightly and grind loosely, it's likely small particles are going through, and I'm going to fiddle around with some screen ideas.

PS: I've also ordered an extra flat mouthpiece so I can switch it out in a pinch.
I'm using the fine mesh screens from Storz&Bickel! They are easy to cut with scissors and you can get a few out of one! Unscrew the pearl and use it as template- works fine for me!;)

Sadly my mIQro looses its upper metal plate thingy below the top lid after I cleaned it! Seems I got a monday model:\
But IIRC someone else had this problem before:wave:

mulciber

Hey homies!

I'm experimenting with an arrangement similar to that shown here for now [https://image.ibb.co/daqAzf/miqro-micro-screen.jpg] [Use the "pearl" to outline the shape on a standard thin screen and cut around the outer edge. Curve gently, insert]. It seems to work well and has the added advantage of loosening up the draw a bit. It seems that the holes at the bottom of the oven do get fairly jammed if it's well-packed. The screen expands the air surface, resulting in what feels like a 10% or so increase in draw. The bad part is that it makes cleaning a little more difficult and tedious. And I haven't tested enough to determine if it completely eliminates tiny particles getting through to the mouthpiece, but so far, it appears to be doing that.

OF

So I just got mine today. PIU, ever anxious for yet more of my money, sent out a 'bait' email. Not the first time they've sucked me in this way. I'm very happy with my Fury 2 (very similar, really) but I started reading this thread (which I've now completed). By the time I was maybe 5 or 6 pages in reviews from several of the usual suspects (principally @Jill NYC in this case), folks who I know and put stock in based on their experience, I put the order in.

PIU, once again, gave amazing service. I ordered it Monday afternoon (it shipped that night), I was making vapor with it today, less than 48 hours later! Probably not possible to beat that? I went down to the local Dispensary (now Recreational only) and got a couple of grams for testing first thing this morning.

I'm as impressed as the others with it. With one issue nobody has posted about, sharp edges where they can dig into my hands? I mean there's some sadist sharpening the corners (beveling them so they're even sharper than otherwise). I got my microscope out and confirmed the light debris really was skin scraped off my palm in two sessions? How could this have escaped Beta review? It's just plain old distracting for no reason I can see.

I was 'bout to take a file to it (destroying the finish) but better ugly than irritating (which would lead to using a different vape). But then I decided to try a piece of self adhesive felt like you'd put on the bottom of a table lamp to protect the table. Fixed the sharp issue and even makes it sit better on the desk. For now, 'it's a keeper'.

More testing is called for, not to worry I'm volunteering for it. Might even end up taking another run for something else tasty to try? Worse things can happen for sure.

Thanks to all who contributed their experience and advice, especially Jill even if she does live on that other coast. New and better vapes coming out faster and faster. Brothers and Sisters, we are truly blessed. We're 'walking in tall cotton', no doubt about it.

Regards to all.

OF

mulciber

I'm as impressed as the others with it. With one issue nobody has posted about, sharp edges where they can dig into my hands? I mean there's some sadist sharpening the corners (beveling them so they're even sharper than otherwise).

Hope you enjoy the MIQRO (and yes, PIU is an exceptional company). But I had no issues with sharp edges. Part of the allure when I first held it was how smooth and seamless the satin finish felt. There was nothing sharp or aggressive about it. I wonder if it is something unusual about your unit, but if it's working for you, that's all that counts.

Good luck!

OF

There was nothing sharp or aggressive about it. I wonder if it is something unusual about your unit, but if it's working for you, that's all that counts.

I'm sure this is intentional, not a workmanship issue. Please check yours? Open the lower door then check where the cover has been machined away to allow the tab to enter and sit flush. The body is curved but the machined cut is 'straight' This leaves a 'corner' that's quite sharp. You can test it with your thumb like a knife blade (drag it across the edge gently) on both sides of the slot for the tab. The corners of the cover sit proud when the lid is down, but you can still 'get to' the sharp edge/corner. Same basic thing at the hinge end. The way I hold it, two of the corners press into my palm below my thumb where it takes the weight.

No doubt a different grip would not have the sharp edges against skin where shifts due to gravity run 'the long way'. Such owners are lucky, let me assure you as you sit enjoying a couple of casual hits and reflecting on the problems of this troubled world, that edge scraping/digging into your had can harsh your mellow toot sweet. You might have to 'look for it', but I think it's really there.

Same as a fine custom handgun, it should be 'dehorned' IMO. It should fit your hand comfortably (as any good tool should) and not interfere with the enjoyment of it's use. Not a deal breaker, of course (and mine is 'fixed' for now) it's just a bit disappointing to run into since it's intentional but not necessary?

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

Chiron

I'm sure this is intentional, not a workmanship issue. Please check yours? Open the lower door then check where the cover has been machined away to allow the tab to enter and sit flush. The body is curved but the machined cut is 'straight' This leaves a 'corner' that's quite sharp. You can test it with your thumb like a knife blade (drag it across the edge gently) on both sides of the slot for the tab. The corners of the cover sit proud when the lid is down, but you can still 'get to' the sharp edge/corner. Same basic thing at the hinge end. The way I hold it, two of the corners press into my palm below my thumb where it takes the weight.

No doubt a different grip would not have the sharp edges against skin where shifts due to gravity run 'the long way'. Such owners are lucky, let me assure you as you sit enjoying a couple of casual hits and reflecting on the problems of this troubled world, that edge scraping/digging into your had can harsh your mellow toot sweet. You might have to 'look for it', but I think it's really there.

Same as a fine custom handgun, it should be 'dehorned' IMO. It should fit your hand comfortably (as any good tool should) and not interfere with the enjoyment of it's use. Not a deal breaker, of course (and mine is 'fixed' for now) it's just a bit disappointing to run into since it's intentional but not necessary?

OF

OF, I see where you mean, but mine is mot sharp enough to disturb skin in any way. Perhaps you want to speak with the dealer.

Top Bottom