1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

DaVinci MIQRO

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Davinci_vaporizer

Davinci_vaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Lots of happiness and joy lol... Sign up for the newsletter to get all the details for our Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals :-)

sd401k, yourtokingbuddy and stark1 like this.
  2. Herbalist23

Herbalist23 Well-Known Member

Hey Folks, has anyone had problems with the top lid? On my cobalt Miqro (standard bundle) its really hard to open the top lid and it makes a squeaking sound almost everytime I'm opening it!
    After a closer look I noticed that the hinge part which is attached to the unit is loose and that seems to be the problem:\
    therefore the motion and pressure from my thumb first went horizontal instead of vertical first, where then the squeaking occurs and then it opens up, but with much more pressure than I need on my rust unit (explorers collection)!

Any suggestions?

3. Davinci_vaporizer

Hey Just sent you a PM!

yourtokingbuddy and Jill NYC like this.
  4. Herbalist23

Herbalist23 Well-Known Member

Hey, I already contacted Davincis customer service, thats why I'm asking here on FC if anyone has any suggestions!
    I was really disappointed with the cs! The technician said my unit is in working order and they are not able to send a replacement. I shouldn't worry about the squeaking, it will go away with time! :uhoh:
    And they didn't mention any word about the loose hinge, which is the bigger problem for me!
    After my second and third try they didn't answer at all!:shrug:

420Nerd likes this.
  5. yourtokingbuddy

yourtokingbuddy Active Member

I'm gonna have to play around with tiny amounts more but what Smart Path or temperature do you use?

That's so true about the small amount, and I need to remember that more for the latter hits as the Miqro has turned me into a bit of a flavor chaser! The first few pulls are so tasty and often fruity. Surprisingly I only get a hot hit on long draws with Smart Path 4. Otherwise it's nice and cool. Sneaky, like you said

StringTheorista likes this.
  6. StringTheorista

StringTheorista Well-Known Member

And DaVinci’s reply:

I overlooked these posts a while back in the excitement of my new device. I too have been cleaning just the oven, vapor path and mouthpiece. I’m apprehensive about following DaVinciks advice to occasionally spray ISO into the hole and shake. I just stuck a bent pipe cleaner down the tube the vapor path fits into, and did scrape up a bit of very dark resin. Has anyone done the suggested deep clean technique? How did it go?

Vapeur Rogue and yourtokingbuddy like this.
  7. yourtokingbuddy

I just did a full clean this morning (about 20 minutes after 6 weeks or so of use) and I would say don't wait any more - do a deep clean. I had just been cleaning the same parts as you plus the mouthpiece and was surprised at how much honey I got out with some Brushpicks and a few iso soaked q-tips. It wasn't terrible by any stretch, but there's more to maintaining than just what you're currently doing, as I found out.

For getting in the intake holes I recommend The Doctor's Brushpicks. They should last you a while per pack and they're great for cleaning/stirring so many things in general but specifically with a device as small as the Miqro with lots of little paths.

Edit: I didn't pour ISO directly in then plug+shake, but I did use a number of iso dipped q-tips and didn't seem to have any issue. That's what helped me know I was getting close to being done with that spot by going in through the mouthpiece end. I used dry q-tips to dry after that.

While the air path is totally isolated and should be fine to shake, I haven't been courageous enough to yet haha.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Copacetic and StringTheorista like this.
  8. Copacetic

Copacetic Somewhere North of The Wall

Thanks for the cleaning report and heads-up :tup:
    To be honest, my mIQro use has been fairly minimal since the honeymoon period.
    Not due to a loss of love for the vape, as I still rate it as my most convenient vape for outdoor stealth situations.
    But It's probably my least efficient vape (up against some VERY stiff competition though : Millana, Ed's WS, Grasshopper, VapCap, Vapman) so since honeymoon it's only been used out and about.
    So I don't feel that I need to clean under the oven yet.
    I will soon though.
    I can't be bothered picking about inside, so I think I'll just do the 'ISO shake' as DV recommends.
    We'll see how that goes, but since the mIQro doesn't get heavy use I think any clogging will likely take a long time to appear.
    It may not happen at all, I think I'm happy to assume that the occasional ISO shake will keep things clear.
    I'll report back when I eventually get around to it.
    Until then I'll just keep cleaning the oven/air-path/mouthpiece every 5 or 6 bowls as I have been.
    It's nice and easy, so even my lazy ass doesn't mind doing it.

BTW, my method is either ISO Q-tips, or sometimes I just throw the MP and airpath into a little zip-lock with some ISO, and then submerge baggie in hot water and agitate a little before a quick rinse in hot water (gotta love that ceramic).
    I also swab out oven with dry q-tip (sometimes ISO too), no visible blemishes yet, comes up pristine easily.

9. StringTheorista

@Copacetic, yeah I’m also finding that because I’m used to my vapcaps, which are so parsimonious with my herbs, the miqro feels like it’s using “a lot”. Even though in fact it’s still a very small amount.

10. saffavaper

saffavaper New Member

My miqro has now replaced my pax 2 and my air and is my new daily driver. 2 batteries is enough for me to micro dose the whole day and now after 2 months of use plus minus i can honestly say im impressed. 0.1-0.15 in the bowl slightly pressed down and im good to go. i use 1 bowl for 5 x 5 min sessions. i statr at 165 and every session i up the temp by 5 and end on 190 and the AVB comes out super evenly roasted to a slight brown. Will post before and after pics with the next bowl! In that 5 min session i like to have around 5x15sec draws and feel it gives me the best overall experience.

11. StringTheorista

@saffavaper, I also return to a small bowlful several times. Not sure whether it’s overkill, but I’ve been opening the bottom after I’m done with a session and gently sipping cool air through the bowl so it stops cooking. I figure it can’t hurt...

yourtokingbuddy likes this.
  12. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

I tried this once and it was very clumsy. My thumb moved slightly and the ISO dripped out a little. I was freaked out that it may have leaked into the battery department (in hindsight, it probably did not). I was afraid to try it again until the next night. I was a *little* medicated at the time, but I won’t do it again sober or otherwise. I have been sticking with the pipe cleaner method and seems to work well.

13. yourtokingbuddy

After this weekend's deep clean I found that with a clean air path I also get lots of scooby snacks (aka tiny particles in the mouth, ew!) that I'd forgotten about since my first few uses. This time I came prepared though and cut up a 5/8" screen to size for sitting at the bottom (top?) of the chamber.

[​IMG]

At this point I get better airflow, no more scooby snacks, and I'm certain this is going to make cleaning and maintenance much easier and needed less frequently. I'd love to see Davinci sell these so I don't have to cut them down to size each time!

14. Davinci_vaporizer

Anyone at MJ Biz this week? If so come stop by and say hello!

yourtokingbuddy and stark1 like this.
  15. yourtokingbuddy

[​IMG]

Just learned that imgur isn't a good one for this board, so here's the image of the screen addition again.

I stopped by a CBD shop last night to try some of that out in the Miqro and it was a very nice (if not very EARLY) night. It did its job and I unexpectedly went to dream land at 9:30 PM and got a solid 8 hours of sleep. For some reason my body decided that was plenty of rest so I had an unexpected start to my day at 5:30 AM, which I used to get caught up on the news, have some breakfast, take a little walk, and have the smallest of packs in the oven (just enough to cover the screen) on Smart Path 2.

[​IMG]

With the pearl fully extended this was enough to just barely push into the herb at the bottom of the chamber but the screen kept (most of) the herb out of my mouth while retaining all of the taste of a morning pick-me-up.

I gotta say, it's looking to be a pretty great Friday. How's your friday going?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors