• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Davinci by Karma

OF

Aren't you concerned that 1\4 of the vapor density you're getting is partially food grade silicone vapor?
Even if its not toxic i wouldn't want a vaporizer that has a foreign vapor coming out of it
I wouldn't either, mine doesn't.

Mine doesn't seem to be poisoning me, either. It's a personal call, of course, you should be comfortable/happy with your vape. If not, move on no matter what the reason. Each guy's call?

I'm kind of interested in how it's determined that 25% of the "vapor density" is involved and what is "food grade silicone vapor"? AFAIK it does not evaporate, therefore has no vapor....... Could be wrong, but I think I understand the Chemistry involved. Well, OK, some of it's Physics.....same difference from here?

Just a passing interest, mind, since I've already made up my mind based on my experiences.

OF

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
I have just bought a used davinci. Newer model, magnet lid. All good but the temp buttons. I have to press at least twice fo go up or down. Is this normal?
I too use the oil cans without the silicon top. Works great with dry skunk and with afghani black both on highest setting.

peterpiper,

Tanmantk13

So i've had my DV for about a year now. Man do i love this thing. But it's been beat up. First of all, my bottom chamber cap is stuck really good. And also when i try and unscrew it the straw spins with it. So i have to try and hold it while unscrewing the chamber cap, and there's not much to hold, i haven't got it yet, lol. Have tried heating it up and unscrewing it too. But if anyone had any ideas, i'd love to hear them. Also, lately i've felt like my DV hasn't been lasting as long as it used to. I used to be able to get atleast 15 big hits at 345 and 15 big and 370 and now it's about half that and not as good hits. Has anyone else noticed this? Or do i just need to clean it out? Another thing, my brush tip broke off and the metal part is still stuck in the holder. Also hard to get out.

FrozenTundra

How large of a chamber on the Davinci? I am letting a friend borrow mine, and he just called me asking me that question. I couldn't answer, but I told him I could try to find the answer for him :)

FrozenTundra,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
@Tanmantk13 My Top chamber cap also spins like yours now what I do to remove it is use two needle nose pliers to hold both parts and unscrew them when it's hot, it left some scrape marks on the metal but works to remove the screen to clean. Cleaning should take care of the decline in performance. You Joined the club with the rest of us with the now brushless brush seems to be one sign of a well used DaVinci.

@FrozenTundra I can pack nearly a gram of finely ground herbs in the chamber although now I just shove whole bud in mine.

:peace:

RUDE BOY,

Tanmantk13

Thanks! I'll have to try that out. So what do you clean it with now that your brush doesn't work, and what all do you clean?

Tanmantk13,

kayaman

I need help!!!! I have been using my bowl now.. because my charger broke for my dv!! I don't know what to do... I don't know if its the DV or the charger.. So im scared to buy a 20$ charger that wont work.. :(I have tired other chargers that fit in the DV like my Comcast box power cord and old phone and radio chargers.. but nothing works... One of cords when pluged in turns on the blue screen on the DV but never chargers. I left it there for 2 hours.. Any one have an extra that wants to sell me for super cheap.

kayaman,

kayaman

any help please. I have been with my sweet davinci for a long time now... I miss it so much. I called support and they want me to send my unit in.. Which is ridicules. Any body have idea? Or an extra charger that they don't need. Davinci should just give me one for free I'm not paying another 20 for old chargers those things are 2 bucks to make. I spent lots of money on my dv and this is really sad.. Customer support just keep wanting me to send my dv.. I don't have time for that. And it would make me risk and have to clean it out because I use it for medical marijuana. And that would screw me up.

kayaman,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
You can clean it well enough to send via Mail IMO and I personally don't think their warranty is out of line. I say send it back and let them handle it. Or buy a charger and see if that works.

KidFated.,
Reactions: OF

OF

I called support and they want me to send my unit in.. Which is ridicules. Any body have idea? Or an extra charger that they don't need. Davinci should just give me one for free I'm not paying another 20 for old chargers those things are 2 bucks to make.

I'm sorry you're having troubles. But since you said "I don't know if its the DV or the charger.." I sure don't see how you can expect any more from DV than 'please send it in and we'll check it out for you'. If you don't know what's wrong holding it in your hand, it's not realistic for them to act on your description I think.

There is an agreement on how this is to be handled, covered in the contract you agreed to when you bought it. It (the agreement) spells out what they promise, I'm sure their request is in line with that? If free chargers were as easy as an email, I dare say they wouldn't sell many?

That charger costs way more than $2 for them to put in stock, trust me here, please. It's pretty unique so that aftermarket chargers (all of which are WAY more than two bucks....) are not likely. Where are you (geographically)?

Again, I'm sorry you're having gear troubles, but that happens. This is exactly why I think a guy should have a backup vape (much better to say break out the VG than go back to blazing in an emergency).

Anyway, it's a rare beast, unlikely to be found IMO. A car cord is another option?

Sorry you're having troubles, where are you located?

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
kayaman are you sure it's the charger? if so isn't it worth $20 to get your DV working again ?

If your unit isn't working I don't see what Davinci can do for you if you don't send it in for them to see what's up. That's just how warranty service works for most products, you got to do What you got to do.

ISO the herb chamber and the top chamber remove all screens and the mouthpiece and send it in you should be OK. I've sent a couple back, one of mine and one for someone else and all was good.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Right on kayaman ! Glad to see you up and running now ya gotta find a way to get a second vape of some kind so you don't have to go back to burning your herbs.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Yoosh

GeekyGodiva

Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie
My DV has been on the shelf since March, because the charger broke and I got a DB. My friend sent me a new straw because he got a great deal on buying a few of them. The new straw design is super nice. The solid cover instead of the woven one is a nice change feels quality. Now no air leaks (a problem I had with each of my straws before). I just need to address the charger issue and get this back on rotation.

GeekyGodiva,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

leo_the_vape

Question: My straw broke (this is the like the 5th that's broken), will a MFLB stem fit into the little metal bit that the flexi-straw fits in? If so that would be sweet to be able to switch out that acrylic one for a glass MFLB stem.

leo_the_vape,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
My DV has been on the shelf since March, because the charger broke and I got a DB. My friend sent me a new straw because he got a great deal on buying a few of them. The new straw design is super nice. The solid cover instead of the woven one is a nice change feels quality. Now no air leaks (a problem I had with each of my straws before). I just need to address the charger issue and get this back on rotation.
Can you post a pic of the new style?.. Please :)

Top Bottom