1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

Discussion in 'Glass' started by MarcellusWiley, May 5, 2012.

1. PhotoRider

PhotoRider Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.

or BINGO - match made in heaven...
    ataxian and Snappo like this.
  2. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

3. MPZ

MPZ Well-Known Member

:drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]

I water tested one of these bad boys at Piece of Mind in the U district (Seattle)... EPIC!!!

But seriously... I love the way these pull, it's like taking a deep breath. I want one to use with my Cera really, really, really bad.
    ataxian, Snappo and ogcook like this.
  4. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

5. PhotoRider

PhotoRider Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.

I was at NVS a couple days ago and checked this bad boy out in person... Boy it really perk's with two frets
    ataxian and VapeNStone like this.
  6. aj0125

aj0125 Well-Known Member

This thread is pretty dead recently... Just got a Mobius awhile ago and am thinking about getting another piece, possibly a DG. Are people still enjoying theirs? I have never tried one but they look awesome.
    King and Snappo like this.
  7. aj0125

aj0125 Well-Known Member

Wow... this thread is dead. So I did get a mini DG and I have to say while I do like it I was a little surprised that the quality of the construction is quite a bit below my Mobius for about the same price...
    King, Caligula and ogcook like this.
  8. mvapes

mvapes Surrounded by the healthy!

I've never had an issue with Daves quality. Really heavy duty and solid but would never compare it to a mobius.

Although I totally see what your saying, it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges.
  9. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

What is the issue(s) with your piece?

My DG straight tube and Proto mini can are both put together very well.

I've got a couple of cheaper fritter pieces, and there is clearly some less clean work on them, but my DGs are rock solid...

I know the quality of work from mobius is always as tight as a dolphins butthole (watertight :lol:) but I'm curious what about your DG piece is so far below that?
    ataxian and Puffers like this.
  10. aj0125

aj0125 Well-Known Member

It isn't way below the quality of the Mobius but it has a bunch of bubbles in the glass in a few spots and doesn't quite have the blow you away quality feel that the Mobius does. I am new to high end glass and foolishly thought that same price=same quality.
  11. Frederick McGuire

Frederick McGuire Aggressively Loungey

Aww, that's a shame :(

For the premium he charges, you have every right to expect a DG piece to come out perfect...

Though, just a heads up, very few pieces of glass give you the blown away by quality feeling that Mobius does...

^^^ Every time I look at my matrix :lol:
  12. Caligula

Caligula *results not typical.

Too bad mob doesnt use frits.
    ataxian likes this.
  13. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

While my DG frit wasn't my favorite piece ever, the quality was second to none. The frit just took away too much of the flavor I felt, and it got dirty so fast. But quality, A+.
    ataxian and Caligula like this.
  14. aj0125

aj0125 Well-Known Member

That was my next question: How do you guys reclaim from this guy? I have the mini and it seems like putting in as little iso as possible and shaking isn't going to work because of the disk. Any suggestions on getting back that sweet oil the easiest with the least amount of iso?
  15. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

I don't reclaim.
    Mrmrmrmr, ataxian and Caligula like this.
  16. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

I do exactly that. Pour in a little preheated ISO and Shake. Then I have a dedicated Pyrex dish that I use for reclaim. I clean all my bongs this way to save the reclaim. It does get dirty fast though. Like seriously after 15 dabs it's done lol. But it diffuses like no other! I just cleaned mine and did a dab the other day.

EDIT: here is a picture of my reclaim dish. It still needs evaporating but that's only from cleaning like 5 bongs in the way I explained above. And since I only vaporize it is usually a really nice full melt hash. I usually let it completely dry than I run water over it for a few times and then let it dry again just to get all the little impurities out of it.

http://load.imageshack.us/
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    Caligula, aj0125 and mlo4sho like this.
  17. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Does anyone have any better image hosting sites? I use photobucket or imageshack and neither of then are working anymore?
  18. next level

next level Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  19. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Neither of them work from my phone? I don't use a desktop computer really.
  20. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Imgur has an app...what kind of phone do you have?
  21. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

iPhone
  22. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

Got imgur thanks everyone.

[​IMG]

And here is the pic I took today

[​IMG]
    Quetzalcoatl and aj0125 like this.
  23. Caligula

Caligula *results not typical.

Imageshack uses a mobile theme and has an app. Not sure what your issue was there?
  24. VapeNStone

VapeNStone Mark

I had the app but it stopped working. Wasn't allowing uploads or even to view my photos. So I deleted it to install again but it's different now or something. The new app doesn't allow me to sign in it's a different incon now. I cannot seem to find the exact imageshack deal I had before? Got it handled though thanks. Sorry for the thread derail.
    Caligula likes this.
  25. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

ImageShack is beginning to charge for their service. Its $1/month if you want to upload so I told them to fuck off and went to postimage.org . . .
    VapeNStone likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors