David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
seriously thinkin about getting down on a piece of lab equipment. or buying a fritted disc piece iteself so i can take it to my blower "durr i dunno fritted what?" HERE TAKE THIS MELT THAT SHIT INTO THE BOTTOM OF MY BONG, THANKS, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Who's got 2 thumbs and just scored himself a Prototype of the mini can style rigs?
This Guy
:D
two-thumbs-up.jpg

I worked out a trade with a guy on BM.
I'm trading my Sov King Stemline for it.

It's slightly different to the one in the OP, and theres only about 10 or so floating around out there :D

And, as a bonus, he's an Aussie, so I won't have to wait weeks for shipping :tup:

EDIT:
Ok, I know you want pics ;)

I still might get one of these. But the slyme green is really fucking cool looking. So I'm going to try to get a fritted slyme green piece. If at all possible.

VapeNStone,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Let us know if you do get a blower to make a fritted piece for you.
I asked fishbone about it, and he said he wasn't quite sure how to make the discs themselves, as they are made out of a different type of glass to what he's used to, and I haven't heard back from anyone I've tried to contact about purchasing the discs on their own...

Frederick McGuire,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Ooh, Thanks for that one, what kind of porosity would we be looking at?
I'm thinking grade 0 or grade 1, but I'm not 100% on what the size is...

Frederick McGuire,

weedemon

enthusiast
if you went too fine i could see you needing to clean it more regularly as it would get clogged up faster.

weedemon,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
if you went too fine i could see you needing to clean it more regularly as it would get clogged up faster.
True, but assuming the finer holes lead to greater diffusion I'd be happy with that.
I'm more worried about getting one that is too fine and it restricting airflow or something.

The more I look at the pics, I'm thinking the DG pieces are pretty close to grade 00.

Frederick McGuire,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If you just use some RezBlock nothing will stick to the fritted disc . . .

t-dub,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
fuck my DG will only be at my door tomorrow because the address was incomplete... Frederick, nice pix!
If the fritted disc is similar to my herborizer fritted screen bowl then it is almost 00!
Frederick do you confirm the drag is minimum?

FLskwat,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I don't have the piece yet, those are the pics from the BM listing.
I should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday though :tup:

EDIT:
I just saw what these things must retail for in some head shops...
Holy ball-sack...
$420 for the mini can, $460-$500 for the full-sized :hmm:

Frederick McGuire,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You know, I called NVS this morning and was kind of "underwhelmed" at the experience I had. Just my :2c: , it was early and they seemed very busy . . .

t-dub,
I talked with both Josh's and they were both very helpfull. The first one sent me an email before they even opened like in 10 minutes. So I say they are pretty good guys just busy busy people.

VapeNStone,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Grats on your pickups guys!

that prototype is a beauty fred! Really like the can on that thing. you'll enjoy it i'm sure!

as for NVS customer service...mine was great but that was almost a month ago and they have been getting so much more popular since then! I think it is just a matter of them being busy like has been said.

MarcellusWiley,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I can see why you guys want one of these bad boys... I guess I'll get in line for wanting... :luv:

jambandphan03,
I'll take actual ones once it comes. I just received my tracking number from Josh earlier via text. The process took 5 minutes. It was great to be able to just picture text him my ID pic.

VapeNStone,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
MOUAHAHAHA, This morning 8 AM, the beauty arrived:

What can I say I'm totally in love, thick glass, beautiful base and mouthpiece, nice colors in the fritted, superb thick dome...ANd the most important, it creates a new inhaling sensation...no drag, no pull... insane filtration! First dab was awesome!

I have to leave for a wedding this week end but I'm so pleased to come back to this baby on Sunday!

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
super awesome piece FLskwat!!!:rockon: i really digging the fritted disc really wish DG would make something i can use sitting at a desk.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom