Darwin's Head Stash

aero18

vaporist
Wow. I don't know if this is the 4 week t-break or wow.

I will need to type up a report later.

Wow. :ko:

aero18,

flanman

idk if mine ever came in, the moms has the key to the mailbox so i never see my mail anymore.. :/

flanman,

aero18

vaporist
It was really difficult to type, so I'll write a more proper review now. Well, let me tell you folks, it works.

The high is different than a cannabis high but only slightly. I noticed that there was no stoned feeling that I usually get (since I try to vape at a higher temp) and that the chemicals (the psychoactive ingredient is probably the synthetic cannabinoid JWH-018) in the plant left a body buzz. Not a stoned feeling, but a muted buzz.

The onset of the high had a way longer duration than cannabis'. It took a while for it to hit me, probably twice as long, so initially I thought it was not working. Damn was I wrong.

I have a really small tolerance, especially after the four-five week break, and this just blew me away. My imagination went wild and the experience was very pleasurable.

The actives vaporized at a much lower temperature than what is normally used for cannabis. Vapor was pouring out of my MZ's stem. This is great for me since the hot cannabis vapors usually get me wheezing and coughing profusely the following few days. This fact contributed to its very low aroma (people in my room could not smell anything!).

I don't know how long the duration of the high is since I vaped around 2 am and went to bed at 3 am, so I will report back later on in the week. :)

I will definitely consider buying more in the future to mix things up.

aero18,

collegerower

Sweet! My sample came today, but I cant use it till Friday, so I will report back then!

collegerower,

claypool

i'd try a sample if they were still free. seems like this is getting really good reviews comparing it with real bud. wish it was real bud....i'd be buying the shit out of it at 12 bucks a gram :lol:

claypool,

lwien

You know what's weird about this? We have got into long debates over the various materials that are used in our vapes, from brass to stainless steel, to ceramics, to plastics, etc etc etc, and we question how safe it is when our vapor comes in contact with these various things, but do we question what it is, in fact, that we are actually vaping? I'm not suggesting that there is anything dangerous in Darwin's Head Stash, but in looking at their site, there is no explanation of exactly what is in this stuff, so do we know for a fact that it is a safe product to consume?

lwien,
Reactions: hibeam

claypool

Darwins Headstash Herbal Incense Ingredients: Coltsfoot, Damiana, Ginseng Leaf, Mullein Leaf, Red Clover, Wild Lettuce and Proprietary Extracts.
only thing we dont know is what the "proprietary extracts" are :lol:

claypool,

lwien

claypool said:
Darwins Headstash Herbal Incense Ingredients: Coltsfoot, Damiana, Ginseng Leaf, Mullein Leaf, Red Clover, Wild Lettuce and Proprietary Extracts.
only thing we dont know is what the "proprietary extracts" are :lol:
True, we don't know what those extracts are, but is it safe to inhale the vapors from the items listed above? What may be safe for our stomach may not ba safe for our lungs. Just thinkin'.............

lwien,

NoSmoke

At 225 a zip would NEVER consider buying this :lol: especially when for 125 more I can get the real thing, and i'm sorry you cant replicate the smell, taste, and high of GOOD weed, you just cant, well I guess replicating the high is debatable.

NoSmoke,

pbmagnet4

lwien said:
You know what's weird about this? We have got into long debates over the various materials that are used in our vapes, from brass to stainless steel, to ceramics, to plastics, etc etc etc, and we question how safe it is when our vapor comes in contact with these various things, but do we question what it is, in fact, that we are actually vaping? I'm not suggesting that there is anything dangerous in Darwin's Head Stash, but in looking at their site, there is no explanation of exactly what is in this stuff, so do we know for a fact that it is a safe product to consume?
I completely agree, people don't know the adverse effects of all these "herbal blends", for all I know it could be terrible for myself. Ill stick to the plant with tested results ;).

pbmagnet4,

collegerower

My problem here is that unless you are growing your own, or get it from a dispensary, you do not really have control over your weed either. In fact a commercial product to me seems safer than a shady deal done with a complete stranger that wants to make money off of you.

collegerower,

aero18

vaporist
If I could, I would stick to cannabis itself. It has proven itself to be a very safe product. I need to research a bit more into how safe JWH-018 actually is. The chemical itself is safe, but what about what it is metabolized into?

This blend is practical for me since I can vape whenever I want in my dorm room with no pungent aroma that could lead to police showing up at my door. Also, I can roll a joint or use my LB on campus (or wherever) and not be bothered by the fear that I might get caught.

Because cannabis is currently illegal, this blend works well in public.

In this sense, having both available to you offers you a great flexibility. Why not have both?

I agree that the taste and aroma is not on par with cannabis though. :/

aero18,

lwien

collegerower said:
My problem here is that unless you are growing your own, or get it from a dispensary, you do not really have control over your weed either. In fact a commercial product to me seems safer than a shady deal done with a complete stranger that wants to make money off of you.
Lots of dispensaries here in Cali sell some pretty tainted weed also, like in not properly flushed and when you light it, it's like the 4th of July. Got to just pick the right dispensary in order to get clean meds.

lwien,

Rin101

Ehhhh this looks pretty sketchy..I understand that it gets you high, but is there any medicinal value to it? And on the issue of safety..I read the following in their "Terms" section:

The FDA has not evaluated the statements made on this website or by anyone affiliated with the business via email, phone, or in personal conversation. Any information is provided for education and entertainment purposes only and these products are not intended to prevent, treat, cure, or mitigate any disease. It is possible that some information on this website may be incorrect as the original source may have been incorrect. Some of the herbal products offered are collected in the wild, and thus no guarantee is made regarding the accuracy of species identification, or purity of the material. Customers affirm that they are fully familiar with and have thoroughly researched each product prior to purchase.
Unless otherwise stated all of the products that we sell are not sold for human consumption. There are several reasons that an herb, extract, or incense is sold on the basis that the buyer knows that DarwinsHeadstash.com does not sell the product for consumption.
By ordering from DarwinsHeadstash.com the customer agrees to assume all responsibility to abide by applicable laws. The customer understands that s/he is under full liability for any personal injury, property damages, or other damages sustained either directly by his or herself or indirectly by another, that may result from the purchase, use, or misuse of any product from DarwinsHeadstash.com
This makes me cringe

Rin101,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
There you go... If our government is afraid of this shit because its 'harmful' then hurry the fuck up and legalize MJ. This way THEY can control what crap they put into it before it gets to us. (Kind of like they do with tobacco)

Otherwise other countries will continue to supply this for us without our regulations and safeguards.

Im going to be a guinnea pig, at least let me do it at the hands of my OWN government.

AGBeer,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I wouldn't touch this stuff with a 10 1/2 foot pole (cue sound of The Grinch). I took a peak around, and it seems as if this stuff is an agonist (meaning it is attracted and binds to) the same cb1 and cb2 receptors as the cannabinoids that we know and love. No problem, right?

Well, when you have a enzyme substrate interaction, you generally have conformational changes in the enzyme (receptor here, while cannabinoids or JWH-018 are the substrate) that leads to a biological cascade of effects. Because they both bind to the same target (in this case receptor), JWH-018 and cannabinoids may be said the be competitive substrates. This per se doesn't mean squat, but if you took some JWH-018 and then later vaped some herb you *might* find you don't get as high as you did before. Why? Perhaps because JWH-018 is still receptor bound, or perhaps because the receptor is still in a different non binding position.

Bottom line is....until I knew the half life of elimination of this synthetic agonist from the body, there is no way in hell I would touch it. Safe? Dunno. I don't know of any peer reviewed studies that have demonstrated LD50's. It's a gamble as to what it does or does not do on a molecular basis.

Tom

tdavie,

aero18

vaporist
tdavie said:
I wouldn't touch this stuff with a 10 1/2 foot pole (cue sound of The Grinch). I took a peak around, and it seems as if this stuff is an agonist (meaning it is attracted and binds to) the same cb1 and cb2 receptors as the cannabinoids that we know and love. No problem, right?

Well, when you have a enzyme substrate interaction, you generally have conformational changes in the enzyme (receptor here, while cannabinoids or JWH-018 are the substrate) that leads to a biological cascade of effects. Because they both bind to the same target (in this case receptor), JWH-018 and cannabinoids may be said the be competitive substrates. This per se doesn't mean squat, but if you took some JWH-018 and then later vaped some herb you *might* find you don't get as high as you did before. Why? Perhaps because JWH-018 is still receptor bound, or perhaps because the receptor is still in a different non binding position.

Bottom line is....until I knew the half life of elimination of this synthetic agonist from the body, there is no way in hell I would touch it. Safe? Dunno. I don't know of any peer reviewed studies that have demonstrated LD50's. It's a gamble as to what it does or does not do on a molecular basis.

Tom
I've seen some LD50's on the chemical. Very safe with a very low toxicity (on par with the cannabinoids in cannabis). Metabolites have been shown to be safe too. I can grab some links for you later, but in the mean time just google "JWH-018 safety".

aero18,
Top Bottom