dangers of non-homegrown pot

Lil Dragonfly

vapor fetishist
My friend says that when you buy pot it is contaminated with dangerous non-food-grade pesticides/herbicides that fry your liver. Is it true?

(If so, that would explain why my friend who is a heavy smoker has skin the color of a yellow crayon)

Please help, I can't really grow my own because my nosy mom always visits unannounced and digs through everything.

Lil Dragonfly,

Mckdenton

i have heard some horror story's about what was in some regs. not appetizing at all

Mckdenton,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Lil Dragonfly said:
My friend says that when you buy pot it is contaminated with dangerous non-food-grade pesticides/herbicides that fry your liver. Is it true?

(If so, that would explain why my friend who is a heavy smoker has skin the color of a yellow crayon)

Please help, I can't really grow my own because my nosy mom always visits unannounced and digs through everything.
No offense to your friend, but he/she is rather confused. Pot that you don't grow yourself is out if your control, true. It could be grown, harvested and cured with love, or it could be grown sloppily, treated with pesticides and not nutrient flushed, etc. Mold, spores, spider mites, and so on. But to state that the pot you buy *will* have these is just wrong.

Is the risk small, or almost non existent? In my opinion yes. If you have enough money, you could buy a sunshed or supercloset. They lock, are pretty 'blend in' and tend to give good results. But they do cost a chunk of money.

Good luck

Tom

tdavie,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
If you are THAT worried about whats in your weed then I have one word for you -
Watercure. :D

AGBeer,

Purple-Days

"(If so, that would explain why my friend who is a heavy smoker has skin the color of a yellow crayon)" :cool:

No, that would be the person's liver function, completely out of whack, either through alcohol abuse or Hepatitis or a number of other reasons. Your friend should go to the clinic. If he/she comes back pos. for Hepatitis and you are close (spit swappers or needle swappers etc.) you better have yourself checked too. :2c: :peace:

Purple-Days,

GreenLeaf

You can also get various strains/types of Hepatitis including C from rimming and fisting/being fisted without gloves. Or from types of S&M that involve consensual cutting/piercing or blood.

Just get tested like you should be doing since you're active, and then get vaccinated for A+B since they have vaccines for those and in many cases you can get them for free like I did.

As for the herb, don't worry about it so much. Don't smoke low quality stuff that's mass produced, and you probably come in contact with worse things in the food you eat or if you smoke tobacco or use other drugs.

GreenLeaf,

Qbit

cannabanana
GreenLeaf said:
You can also get various strains/types of Hepatitis including C from rimming and fisting/being fisted without gloves. Or from types of S&M that involve consensual cutting/piercing or blood.
Damn - and I was just planning my next trip to Germany. :uhoh:

Qbit,

RussyRoo

GreenLeaf said:
dude :uhoh:
tmi!!

OP i wouldnt worry too much about it.
In the UK we have bigger concerns, as sometimes bud is sprayed with ground glass. But it's rare and pretty easy to spot. :rolleyes:

RussyRoo,

lwien

RussyRoo said:
In the UK we have bigger concerns, as sometimes bud is sprayed with ground glass. But it's rare and pretty easy to spot. :rolleyes:
Holy fuck !! :o Are you kiddin' me?

lwien,

RussyRoo

lwien said:
RussyRoo said:
Holy fuck !! :o Are you kiddin' me?
Lol, I wish I was!
but tbh ive only ever seen it once, and that was a couple of years ago. I think people caught on to it pretty quickly.

RussyRoo,
Top Bottom