Daily smokers, why are you still buying China glass?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I'm a daily vaper, not smoker, and buy China glass at times.

Why?

1. I can afford it. Rest assured, I have exquisite taste, but I have also been blessed with a firm constitution, and am able to resist Things That Aren't In My Budget.
2. I have cats. I'm cautious enough with my reasonably priced glass, and don't want the flat out worry I'd have with expensive glass around cats.
3. I have Grandchildren. They don't know Grandma vapes, and while I don't mind keeping my affordable glass out of sight, I would want a nice display cabinet with decent lighting to show off artsy pieces, and I don't want to have to put decoy pieces out for visits while hiding my "art".
4. I live in earthquake country, and was hit pretty hard a few years ago. Much glass of every sort broke, and I am trying to avoid future heartbreak over losing that which is irreplaceable.
5. I love glass, and my heart is big enough to include the lowly glass which gets me high. One of my most treasured possessions is my DDave kit, from FC's very own @DDave . I get pure joy from an adapter. If I start buying art glass, I'm concerned my tolerance will be reset, and I will lose the ability to be thrilled by a a water pipe connector.
6. Much of the arty glass I see looks like monsters, aliens, and so forth. It doesn't appeal to me. There are other pieces and themes I like, but if I have to be concerned about breakage, it will end up as just another knick knack in a curio cabinet. Breakage would be a worry, as glass needs to be cleaned regularly, and a hard sink, soap, latex gloves and water are occasions for concern.
7. I don't want to watch postings by artists, and have to wait for a super sale opportunity. Only so much of my time is spent being a consumer, and I don't want to devote more time to it.
8. I have no desire to keep up with The Joneses in regards to glass, or anything else. I want what I want, not what other people think I should want. If someone thinks I should have nice glass, they can gift me any piece they want. I love gifts, and sentiment would attach and I would love the gift, even if it isn't what I might have selected for myself. I have found that people that don't care for what I can afford are not interested in providing what they think I lack, just judging how I spend my money.
9. Among my sesh supplies is a wonderful silicone bong. I call her Mimzy, I love her, and she was a gift. A soul such as mine that can love a silicone bong likely isn't the sort of soul that appreciates really nice things. While sad, I am glad I can love what I, and those that do give me gifts, can afford.
10. My weed budget has to include seeds, clones and other garden supplies, vapes including replacement parts, supplies for processing such as dropper jars, hair straighteners, parchment, mason jars and lids, bubble bags, etc. I'm not buying top shelf weed and expensive vapes and neglecting glass.
11. I was taught to live within my means, and appreciate what I have, and what I can afford. Like many others, I want more and better, but I do try to overcome my greedy tendencies.

I could continue, but I think I answered the question why I still buy China glass. Just this past week I purchased a glass piece from an online retailer, that makes a cyclone inside. It's amazing, and I liked the sale I stumbled upon, and the 50% off coupon I got for voting. I paid $24.00 for it, and if anything on this earth can delight me as much, I look forward to seeing it.

Last edited:

Jethro

Personally I just don't find much magic happening with a bong. We used to make them out of a 2 liter soda bottle when I was young. When we got fancy we used PVC pipe. It's not like there is much to it, channel the air path through water. Yes, get the diffusion right, I know there is more to it, but honestly, Chinese glass is fine for me. I really only use scientific glass anyway, it doesn't have to look or be fancy at all. And when you can get a D-020d from Hong Kong for $24.78 INCLUDING the shipping??? Well, there is your answer why I use Chinese glass.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
European here.
After a life of using only cheap glass last march I found out that one of the (very) few glassblower in my country lives a couple of hours by car from home. The idea of owning something custom handmade for me was super temptating and having a chance to talk to the actual artist and even being able to see my piece while it was being made was a huge plus.
That said it costed me 400€, I constantly have to keep an eye on friends and girlfriend when i take it out and it's a PITA to clean while it gets me high exactly as my old 25€ DHGate bubbler.
In the end I'm very happy with it and I can even see myself looking for some other nice piece in the future but I understand is not for everyone.

few glassblowers? Murano is world famous for its glasswork since hundreds of years. I almost cannot imagine that no-one had the idea to make pipes?

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
It is sad. I would love to see a murano pipe/bubbler whatever, but I understand.

I also only have started glass use with pure smoking, because you could use much smaller loads than when rolling a joint. And because a friend brought me a pipe from canada and introduced me to weed that actually tasted good and mild when smoked pure. (Not talking about the mind-blowing hash haha)

Now with vaping of course i do not like smoke in water pieces anymore.

arb

Semi shaved ape
IMG-20181120-082400-hdr.jpg

36.09 us...............that's why.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
https://www.420muranoglass.com/en/
:D I dont think that aesthetics and functionally justifies those prices and that ugly 420 logo looks like it is written by a child,also that grinding on the joints looks excessive and more appropriate for chemical glassware where PTFE sleeves are used ,could have been polished a bit or for that price even Custom made and transparent,instead of using ready made cheap-o,but i am a just poor guy hating here :D ....

Last edited:

Mr. Whitewall

Not exactly my cup of tea either, then again it doesn't seem like he does bongs for a living, not as big a market as there is in the US/Canada? :shrug:
Bear in mind its pretty much like the 90's never ended in the EU, regarding bongs :myday:! Most people still just assume its "to get real fucked" in a massive single hit, and judge accordingly, so a beaker-anything really would make more sense than a recycler (or whatever else) if you've never seen one?

He also does customs btw. :p :2c:

Then again, Murano glass-blowers having invented so many amazing techniques, I still find it hard not to want anything from there, if you state what you want??
Another thing is to want Leonardo to do you a bong! :lol:
I don't know a thing either about "raw" glass but those colours seem pretty unique too?

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Glass just hasn't got so mainstream here like in US.
The Czech Republic has a reputation in the world of being super weed-friendly.
Although there are a lot of stoners living here, and there is a very weak decriminalization of it... That's about it.
The police are arresting people for weed constanly, police propagate reefer madness propaganda constantly, 30 percent of population thinks of us deserving jail and calling police on us...
We have technically legalized medical, but the government completelly gutted that so there isalmost never any supply and wehn it is, it's total shit and insanely expensive, and not covered by insurance, so nobody can afford it.
We have recently elected the Pirate party to 20 persent of congress and they are planning a huge legalization bill, but honestly I don't think it will pass.
Both because it's just too liberal (allowing over a kilo of dried cannabis) and because the party is being mocked constantly by all the other parties and media for being total stoners and caring about nothing else and wating to turn everyone in this country into a stupid stoner (which of course is not true, and cannabis is onl a little point on the end of their priorities).
Sorry about the rant, this is a thread about glass and I went off topic after the first sentence :D

LesPlenty

Company Rep
They even got 200$ keychain jars
Ridiculous, makes you wonder who if anyone would buy that rubbish for that much.:myday:

I recently had a brain fart lockup from a too big Tera bong hit, when my brain rebooted I found another broken bong at my feet, that is why I still buy China glass, if I had done it with that long bong I would probably be dead.:tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ridiculous, makes you wonder who if anyone would buy that rubbish for that much.:myday:

I recently had a brain fart lockup from a too big Tera bong hit, when my brain rebooted I found another broken bong at my feet, that is why I still buy China glass, if I had done it with that long bong I would probably be dead.:tup:
Do you use the TERA with GLASS?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
A match made in heaven, I mainly use all my vapes through water but I also like the short glass mouthpiece that also comes standard with the Tera.
One of my favorite combos right now is Tera on FC RattleCan. flavor, big clouds and twisted...hard to believe it is a portable with so much power.:tup:
I smoked joints (zigzag) most of my existence on this Pale Blue Dot we live on.

Glass is new 4 me.

U don’t need it however it’s blissful!

What is this pure smoking bullshit? This is a vaping forum.
DUDE I was a JOINT smoker back in da daze?
I did not VAP unit 2012?

Waterpath shortly after!

VAPING is like so tasty?

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
In some countries the law is more relaxed than in others. For example Portugal, Spain, Czech Republic and obviously the Netherlands are somehow weed friendly while here in Italy the sanctions are still pretty harsh.
Not very civilized if you ask me...
How about FRANCE?
My sister lived in ITALY for 20 years ((Mediterranean area) cheap.
She moved last year because it was losing it’s charm?
CALIFORNIA was nice a long time ago?

Top Bottom