1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily smokers, why are you still buying China glass?

Discussion in 'Glass' started by sevenhundredten, Apr 29, 2018.

1. MegaMan2k

MegaMan2k Well-Known Member

I dont understand you seem upset about both american and chinese glass then xD

And I agree with invertedisdead, ive used a disconnected phone number for all my orders and had no issues so far :D

2. CurryLeafTreehugger

CurryLeafTreehugger Well-Known Member

Well I heard back from YinMing5. There is no way to get past that form requiring a phone #. So - if you have no phone, you can't order via DHGate.

Think logically. I am not AT ALL upset with "chinese glass". I am disappointed that I cannot GET the Chinese glass I want, LOL!

Actually I'm also not upset with American glass either. But I can neither identify it in a shop, nor afford it if it is actually genuine. For that matter I can't afford the grotesquely marked up Chinese glass the head shops sell, either.

*sad*

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    sweetherb, steama and LesPlenty like this.
  3. MegaMan2k

You must have faith brother,

enter a random number :D

Mulchmaker and LesPlenty like this.
  4. CurryLeafTreehugger

I actually used to do that, only it was the main White House # I used to give out. I stopped doing that (haven't had a phone # I would give out for years) when it occurred to me that if they ever DID actually use that number, somebody else was likely to be getting my order, LOL!

5. MegaMan2k

Just no, I think you need to go lay down and some hash my friend :D

6. CurryLeafTreehugger

Why?

MegaMan2k likes this.
  7. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure they do not check the phone numbers, I opened my account with them a few months back and the number I gave them has now been cut off (I have now got the Aussie NBN and have cut off my landline as my mobile is AU$10 a month unlimited talk and text in OZ)
    Just give them your old number so it at least looks real and you should be right, got to have access to some glass, no matter where it is from......because we all know...... glass=civilised :tup:

8. CurryLeafTreehugger

@LesPlenty

I REALLY wanted that bong. And I used to use the ploy you suggest, for many years, a couple of decades actually, whenever I ran across something that I couldn't fob off with the number for information or all 0's. Or the White House number, LOL!

But then it occurred to me, if there ever WERE actually a problem, and they actually USED that number, and whoever answered the # I had given managed to reroute the shipment, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Makes me nervous. The last time I had a phone # to give and actually gave it out, I started getting not dozens, but HUNDREDS of scam phone calls. My phone had hundreds of numbers on the blocked list before I gave up and gave the phone up. Eventually I will have an OOMA phone but I will never ever ever give that number out once I have it.

$10 a month unlimited? I WISH I LIVED IN AUSTRALIA! For that and many other reasons. Like sensible gun control, and health care. Although almost everything in Australia is just waiting to kill you ... giant sea crocodiles that swim upriver. Little blue octopi. Deadly spiders that drop on you out of trees. LOL! You guys need the health care!

LesPlenty likes this.
  9. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

And was there ever a problem?

Mulchmaker likes this.
  10. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I do not think DHGate would be `on the game` enough to give your number to a courier to help you if there was a problem, I second the motion to give them Pizza Hut`s number and tell them to ask for Dave, Dave`s not here man. :tup:

11. Mr. Gweilo 420

Mr. Gweilo 420 Dude

save your money for a phone. One step at a time mate.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  12. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

Get a google voice # ......if it is still possible? I got mine years ago and use it all the time for stuff like this.

matthend and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  13. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

Just give them Jenny’s phone number 867-5309 that’s what I do.

Edit: I had to!!
    Click to play YouTube Video

Mulchmaker and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  14. CurryLeafTreehugger

Yeah. No. Phone = not necessity. I have a cell phone with no service for 911, why would you need anything else? I have the interubes, I can chat at my son or even skype him any time for free. Plus e-mail.

DHGate may want a phone # and I may (do actually) want some glass from there, but want not = need.

15. steama

steama milk is good for you

...almost off the grid :cool:

CurryLeafTreehugger likes this.
  16. CurryLeafTreehugger

I was a homesteader for many years. Built my own house, as in with my own two hands. But not really "off the grid" per se - I don't really want to do without hot and cold running water, heat, air conditioning (and by extension power and/or gas).

I remember my grandmother being excited to get running water in her kitchen - which happened when my dad and uncles dug a new well in the basement so she could have the pump at the sink instead of out in the yard, LOL!

I have alternative means of communication, and after my last phone got spammed to death, not enthused about cell phones. I WILL get an OOMA phone eventually but for now, another phone is not at the forefront of needs. And when I DO get it, not giving that number out to anyone but my son and just a couple of friends.

Right now I'm just not confident enough to use a fake phone # to get around DHGate's intrusive demand for a phone #, but maybe later, when things are more settled and the potential loss of $25 or $30 doesn't mean I won't have grocery money for the month, LOL!

17. litrhino

litrhino New Member

Most American glass is being sold as art, rather than a practical tool, and that is probably why most opt in for the cheaper option. At the end of the day its to get you from Point A (sober) to Point B (stoned), so for $20-$200 if it gets the job done, then why not?

Plus, not everyone has $1000 in lump sum cash to buy a glass piece, the rich still own 99% of the wealth. :)

-
    This also reminds me of the time when I was in university and my professor told me to buy a "handmade" guitar versus "machined made/chinese made" guitar (because they are 'better') which I did, spent $6000 dollars and I don't hear a difference (my guitar was $600), and trust me when I was 21 I could have used that money for practical uses versus another guitar.

Too many people are swayed into thinking that western made is better, or pricier is better.
    Just watch this documentary about this million dollar violin that people think is better, but its not.

Click to play YouTube Video

Anyways, the guitar is chilling in its case, and you know how hard it is to sell art, especially when its $400+ or more? Super hard, waste of money, especially if you don't use it anymore.

Too much money for very little difference, again Point A (no music) to Point B (to creating music).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    LesPlenty and MegaMan2k like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors