1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily smokers, why are you still buying China glass?

Discussion in 'Glass' started by sevenhundredten, Apr 29, 2018.

1. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

This thread’s taken a funny turn. If you get some time check out this documentary @Dan Morrison posted in the Nomad thread. I was blown away at the speed things develop in Shenzhen. It’s a bit long so grab a session vape, sit back and enjoy.

duff, ataxian, RUDE BOY and 4 others like this.
  2. miguelovic

miguelovic Well-Known Member

Heady glass posers and scenesters abound. There is at least one glass competition that could be relabeled "Who Bough the Headiest of Heady This Year".

I think you need to be wearing at least three pendies to compete.

3. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

A Ferrari owner is probably the target customer for a $5000 pipe.

4. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v4.0a (unstable) Staff Member

Please stick to discussing Chinese glass and avoid commenting about anything else produced in China. In particular, the nature of the Chinese people is not open for discussion. This thread is not about racism. Thanks for your cooperation.

Pyr0, ataxian, Drexciya and 7 others like this.
  5. Kanna_Kult

Kanna_Kult Well-Known Member

So imho china won't really make any innovative glass designs because there's not much of a cannabis culture there... they do it for money like 90% of other businesses, not for passion (not saying working for profit is a bad thing) personally I prefer my American glass but I have China too. Idk they both have a place in anyone's toolbox imho I'm not going hiking with a piece that cost me $400 and I don't want a $40 fragile and usually (minorly) flawed daily driver. Idk why everyone is getting so damn uppity about this shit Jesus

6. 530rasta

530rasta Well-Known Member

interesting enough there is a wave of extremely talented blowers coming out of Japan, their stuff has some awesome energy in it, very cool unique designs and takes on classic designs...

7. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I also buy Chinese glass because the bong was invented by the Chinese, so anything not from China is a knock off, right?:rofl:

8. sevenhundredten

sevenhundredten New Member

OP here.

This thread has taken some turns since my original post. There is no reason to attack me for my questions. I do not have a big ego, and I am not rich. The $1000 piece was just an example. I save up for my glass, and other accessories.

I spend way more on hash than I do glass. I buy maybe 3 pieces a year. Some years I don't buy any glass, and I use my money for other things.

I apologize that I was under the impression that this thread was mostly US and CA based. I am really interested in international cannabis scenes, and what is happening all over the world. I'd love to hear what it's like in your area.

Most of the glass I have is around $300, but is all produced in the US. My most recent purchase was a Leisure Incycler for $200 USD.

There is no hate on products produced in China except cannabis related items.

For example, the Puffco Peak. It is a big hype item for cannabis concentrates. They threw a big contest for glass blowers to make rig attachments, including drawings and pictures during production. 2 days ago, I saw someone post on Instagram that they found the Puffco Peak on Ailbaba and DHgate for $14, when it originally went for $400. Puffco decided to do business in China, and got their designs stolen. I would not be shocked it rigs made in this contest were knocked off as well.

My issue with China cannabis products is sweatshop labor, inferior materials mostly in the color variety, a lack of passion and intention of creating fuctional artwork, and stealing of others designs and brand to sell as their own.

If you are worried about breaking your glass, make yourself a station with everything you need to smoke comfortably. I use a wood tray with moodmat pads to easily move and put away my entire set up without risk. I move it from my kitchen table to my coffee table pretty regularly. I don't have children or pets, so it's not really at risk of random accident. I haven't broken anything more than an adapter or quartz insert in about 6 years. The most expensive break in recent times was a $40 item.

9. LesPlenty

That is how you can afford $1000+ glass :)

This happens a lot, it seems a lot of the 300million odd people in the US do not realize there is another 7 billion people on the planet. :razz: Fuck that is a lot of people, you and I must be some of the greenest people around, not having kids to keep overpopulating the plant would have to be greener than driving a Prius.

Apart from a few misguided stereotyping comments, I don`t think anyone has been attacked, you asked a question and people have given you their opinions, some in a more flamboyant way than others :tup:

ataxian, Tweak, divinetribe and 4 others like this.
  10. tharealmclovin

tharealmclovin Well-Known Member

For the record every seller on alibaba listing the Peak right now are scammers. They all have a 100 unit minimum order, none are from china, none will offer samples, and none will use alibaba payment which protects us from scammers. Every single one has tried to redirect me to email sales which then lead to a moneygram request. Major red flags. Have yet to find anywhere else to actually purchase a peak besides authorized dealers.

11. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Fuck I just broke my rare prized dewaar drop down adapter! All I was doing was putting my bong (w/ adapter) away in the cupboard and clipped it on the cupboard lip. At least it was $15 instead of $100!

I guess I have to be more careful! :doh:

12. 530rasta

13. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

You do realize that if your dropdown didn't cost at least $100, and was not hand-formed by the most hipster of hipsters in a secret-location on pinterestagram, then you're just being a lazy stoner that has no concept of quality glass, right? :razz:

Lol :horse:

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  14. alittledabwilldoya'

alittledabwilldoya' Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

15. LabPong

LabPong Well-Known Member

16. 530rasta

Ramahs, SSVUN~YAH, miguelovic and 2 others like this.
  17. mrbonsai420

mrbonsai420 I love Grass and Glass!

Nice Bubbler collection!
    I fucking LOVE glass. Taking a dab out of a beautifully functioning, awesome colored rig makes the experience that much better for me.
    That reminds me, it's time to switch out my rig of the week!

I agree that artisan made glass is so much better than factory made glass. But it can be a good opening point to get people's feet wet.

FYI, My first heady was actually a nice , piece from a glass factory worker from China that was actually good! He worked in the shop that created TAG pieces and made me some of the best functioning pieces I own to date.
    I don't buy rigs off of DH Gate anymore, but if a real artist making real pieces comes out of China I'll surely check them out!

I have a pretty nice glass collection, and these "China" ( from the TaG guy) rigs were the start of it all for me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgsDWzfnVE0/?taken-by=mrbonsai710

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMMgrUkBVmA/?taken-by=mrbonsai710

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL5KI1KBTDs/?taken-by=mrbonsai710

18. Likes2vape

Likes2vape Well-Known Member

Looks like those are from Hemping. I have the double mai tai straight fab and love it. The perc fires awesome and it hits like a champ.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  19. 530rasta

20. alittledabwilldoya'

21. 530rasta

22. LesPlenty

Daily smokers, why are you still buying China glass?

No smoke or mirrors here, just plain old value for money with nothing added to poke your eye out or break your teeth on.

[​IMG]

Under US$40 delivered to your door atm, great value, although they should offer it without the cone for even less, mine should be here soon, I hope.

23. 530rasta

24. alittledabwilldoya'

25. 530rasta

tripline

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors