Dabtabs

Tranquility

I wonder what problem they're trying to solve. It will be interesting to hear for anyone who has tried them to see what they're about. But, spending more for a form factor that does not seem to provide benefit and adds waste I have to deal with is not going to put them on my purchase list unless someone who has tried them really, REALLY likes them.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
I think it's mostly for the ease of consistent dosing, especially on the go. But yeah I agree, it just seems wasteful. Same reason I avoid carts and pods as much as possible... I still use them, I just try to be mindful about when and where I really need to.

Baron23

I wonder what problem they're trying to solve. It will be interesting to hear for anyone who has tried them to see what they're about. But, spending more for a form factor that does not seem to provide benefit and adds waste I have to deal with is not going to put them on my purchase list unless someone who has tried them really, REALLY likes them.
I think it's mostly for the ease of consistent dosing, especially on the go. But yeah I agree, it just seems wasteful. Same reason I avoid carts and pods as much as possible... I still use them, I just try to be mindful about when and where I really need to.
Also, I believe that they are clean and easy to handle which is often not the case with 'trates.

Seems to me to def NOT be made for the FC'er with a bunch of dab rigs, enails, and torches.....more for the folks who might want an all in one like a Peak or Carta. People new to MMJ, maybe older folks, who like nice clean access...things like carts.

They on are sale here in MD now....haven't tried them but next time I'm buy a dispensary, I will give it a try just to know where the tech is heading and how I like it.

Cheers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Not tried the dabtab, but these are going around California. One click dosing.

bakked_dabaratus-S.png

ChooChooCharlie

... After picking up an assortment of concentrates, I can set up one of those tasting trays like at brewpubs. Wouldn't it be nice for clumsy noobs like me to create little pea sized concentrates so I could just drop them into cup, from a tic-tac box

Be careful what you wish for ...

dabtab-tictac.jpg

... Big problem for me with tremors is getting sticky stuff in the cup. Retrieving cup reminds me of the old kid's game, Operation. Would make an amusing video, me with those tweezers.

Doh !! ...

dabtab-in-peak.jpg

Tranquility

Not tried the dabtab, but these are going around California. One click dosing.

bakked_dabaratus-S.png

Have you tried one? It's less magic than one might suppose. I've used them for filling pods and they do that pretty well. I've just not had much luck in having it be useful over time in a dose-by-dose way. It gets clogged extremely easy and has always resulted in a mess for me. It IS a big improvement over the way some of the syringes work though.

Deleted Member 1643

It may be commom knowledge, but it's easy to cut shatter into individual (roughly) measured doses. Do it all the time.

First, weigh your shatter. Then, warm the shatter to about 95F and roll into a thin column. Divide the weight by the desired dose and, with a sharp knife, cut the warmed shatter into the desired number of doses. So, if you have 0.8g (800mg) of shatter and want 25mg doses, cut into 32 doses. It's easier if you repeatedly cut the column in two - so 800, 400, 200, 100, 50, 25mg.

The individual doses can be stored in a PuffCo Prism container.

PKDabs.jpg

Voila!

Dabtabs look kind of interesting, though, especially if they make available empty tabs to fill with your own concentrate.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Have you tried one? It's less magic than one might suppose. I've used them for filling pods and they do that pretty well. I've just not had much luck in having it be useful over time in a dose-by-dose way. It gets clogged extremely easy and has always resulted in a mess for me. It IS a big improvement over the way some of the syringes work though.

No I haven't had a chance to try one, that brand Bakked was recommended to me by a fellow I trust, but oil syringe access is really bad in SoCal. AFAIK they are one of the only brands in the state who produce a syringe with cannabis derived terpenes though.

I can definitely see it clogging though as the bore of the syringe tip looks pretty tight. I typically have to use a hair dryer whenever I fill any type of cart.

I remember Jetty was doing the Dablicator, I think it used a twist mechanism to apply, sort of like deodorant sticks.

@Accept
I rarely see Shatter in my market anymore, most stuff is very gooey these days. But I just read a post on Reddit the other day though where somebody was rolling their shatter balls in CBD isolate like a sour gummy worm to keep them from sticking to eachother, thought that was pretty neat.

ChooChooCharlie

Looks like Tim Leary dropped by

Dab-Tabs-display.jpg

Scifi freaky shit coming out all the time. Seems more a session, lighter cloud experience, can stop and return to finish. Will be better matched with their upcoming 510 atomizer gizmo designed around these DabTabs. Price is not out of line, paid $36 for package of 10, concentrate "weight" is 0.5g total. Half gram carts cost about the same

Certainly no mess. Taste too subjective, so no comment, but it works. Kandypens Crystal after pic shows color change. Sucks in capsule in Mighty, needs hot plate style bottom IMO

DT-package-b.jpg

Baron23

Looks like Tim Leary dropped by

Dab-Tabs-display.jpg

Scifi freaky shit coming out all the time. Seems more a session, lighter cloud experience, can stop and return to finish. Will be better matched with their upcoming 510 atomizer gizmo designed around these DabTabs. Price is not out of line, paid $36 for package of 10, concentrate "weight" is 0.5g total. Half gram carts cost about the same

Certainly no mess. Taste too subjective, so no comment, but it works. Kandypens Crystal after pic shows color change. Sucks in capsule in Mighty, needs hot plate style bottom IMO

DT-package-b.jpg

Thanks Charlie! I have seen these tabs advertised by one of our MD MMJ dispensaries so some processor in my state has a franchise for them.

I'm not sure I need this for anything, but I would like to try it.

Have you used one, pulled it out, then later used it again and it worked and didn't taste like crap?

ChooChooCharlie

Don't notice a nasty taste after a break. I said session, because it's a drawn out "gentle" delivery system IMO. Doesn't milk the Carta glass, just cloudy. Crystal hits also weak in vapor production. Takes a while too, had Crystal maxed out, glass mouthpiece hot after a few ten second draws. Don't think dabbers will like it, but med patients new to the game should love it -- gentle and never overwhelming, and of course the precise dosage and ease of use. I hate messing with sticky concentrates. Interesting if traditional nail rig cooks the tabs better, but don't have one

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: Baron23

ChooChooCharlie

Extra steps for the producer

Fewer steps for the consumer

Please consider med users' needs, and lazy rec users' wants

ChooChooCharlie,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
"Fewer steps for the consumer"
Bullshit

The substrate doesn't appear to vaporize. Therefore removing it is an extra step.

Baron23

"Fewer steps for the consumer"
Bullshit

Wow, feel strongly about this, do you? :-)

I always like to keep in mind that many...probably most....vaporists are not as geeked out over everything vaporizer like members here on FC and that many of these people look at a dab rig like a crack pipe and highly value efforts to shrink wrap products (so to speak) into clean delivery methods.

I look at the clientele of med dispensaries in my state and I see a LOT of these typs of folks and this is why 510 carts, ERA, and other packaged means of delivery are selling so well.

There really are a lot of folks for whom traditional dabbing is a bit over the line.

Just saying....we really are varied and different in our approaches to MJ.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I just wonder, if @ChooChooCharlie was having issues with his assortment of devices - how likely is it the demographic these are targeted at will really have the right tools to use these properly?

It seems hard to beat the standard 510 cartridge when it comes to ease of use. Especially if the DabTab vapor is whispy and slow to release, we all know how finicky non-vaporizer enthusiasts can be when it comes to clouds and dense visible vapor.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Wow, feel strongly about this, do you? :-)

I always like to keep in mind that many...probably most....vaporists are not as geeked out over everything vaporizer like members here on FC and that many of these people look at a dab rig like a crack pipe and highly value efforts to shrink wrap products (so to speak) into clean delivery methods.

I look at the clientele of med dispensaries in my state and I see a LOT of these typs of folks and this is why 510 carts, ERA, and other packaged means of delivery are selling so well.

There really are a lot of folks for whom traditional dabbing is a bit over the line.

Just saying....we really are varied and different in our approaches to MJ.

I just disagreed with the less steps part. I know plenty of people will probably buy it. It is what it is. It seems more complicated to me, and probably harder to keep one's banger clean.
It just made me giggle a bit. That's all :smug:

Last edited:
Ramahs,
Top Bottom