Dabstorm Ceramic Dab Pen

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I am very disappointed with the device and vapefiend regarding this product.

I sent back a faulty battery as it does not show any charging / charged indication on the screen when not switched on but plugged in.

All that has happened is I've been sent back the same faulty battery with a different USB cable (like I don't have 20+ of them already!)

The screen still shows no charging indication when plugged in...

IMG_20161028_092842.jpg

... even with the new cable sent with the old battery.

It worked once, the day I opened the box, a big battery symbol showed the first time I charged the device, and it's never been seen since!

Does anyone else have this problem?

1DMF,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Yes I've experienced the same thing, especially when taking off the glass mouthpiece to clean the bowl, it sometimes loosens the retaining ring and I end up having to push down and twist it back into place, at this point it's quite hot to touch.

I have found it helps to twist off the mouthpiece in the same direction that the retaining ring is twisted on- this way it doesn't come off so much.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer

I sent back a faulty battery as it does not show any charging / charged indication on the screen when not switched on but plugged in.

All that has happened is I've been sent back the same faulty battery with a different USB cable (like I don't have 20+ of them already!)

Hey @1DMF I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems- we thought the new cable had solved the problem, as it worked perfectly during several tests that we performed before returning it to you. Of course if there is still a problem with the battery we can sort this out immediately. However please note that if the battery is completely dead it will take a few minutes of charging before the display kicks back in. Also- the indication does not show all the time when the battery is plugged in. You can check whether it is still charging by just touching the button.

When the unit is on and charging, the display will be blank, unless you "wake it up" by pressing one of the buttons- then it will show this display.

If the unit is in hold mode (ie the button has been pressed 5 times to turn it off), you will see this display.

However, if the unit is turned on when you plug it in, and then you turn it off by pressing 5 times while it is still plugged in, the charging display won't show until you press the button again.

If this does not happen, please contact us via email and we will arrange to get this problem solved for you asap.

Last edited:
VapeFiend.com,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@VapeFiend.com the device does not show charging indicator as per your second picture and as per the device when I first took it out of the box.

I have had this device less than a week, costing me a week's entire Giro, and now I not only have a faulty battery that has been returned to me after the missus had to pay the postage to send the battery back to you, but I now also have a cracked atomiser cup.

I cleaned the cup and filled with freshly pressed Rosin, had a few hits, put down for an hour or so, went back to have a few more hits, put back down, however on the third attempted usage I realised I wasn't getting any vapour any more.

So I checked the front and every time I pressed the power button the message 'no atomizer' was displayed.

I thought that's odd, so I took it out, put back in several times, even cleaning the electrodes on the bottom in case it was a bad contact, but it refused to work.

I tried the second cup and it worked, so I decided to waste my rosin and clean the cup again and once the Rosin was cleaned away I could clearly see the cup had completely cracked.

Now I know what that 'pop' sound was when hitting it earlier!

LIWOUQul.jpg

And before you ask, no I did not use higher than 30w, the max I have ever taken the device is 29w as I prefer as low as possible, hence the issue I had when using 8w and you said it has to be between 20w-30w

This device is less than a week old and I have already retired it to the junk draw :(:bang::cry:

Disappointed to say the least!

1DMF,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
@1DMF Thanks for your reply- there definitely seems to be something wrong somewhere- we 'd love to take another look at the whole kit and figure out what is causing these problems for you.

Of course we are very happy to reimburse you for any postage costs incurred in returning faulty goods to us - just send us pics of your receipts and we will sort this out, and we will also not rest until you have a fully working unit. As other users on this thread have noted, Dabstorm 2.0 is pretty awesome, it's such a shame that you have encountered these faults, but we stand firmly by the device and would love for you to experience the way it's intended to work.

VapeFiend.com,

Rishi Tank

Having used the Dabstorm 2.0 for several weeks now, I've found the experience to be really good with a bit of a rocky start. I'm putting in fresh dabs into the ceramic bowl, cleaning up with a Q Tip after hitting that loaded extract a few times (I change the angle at which I hold it so that it heats evenly) and I've found the flavour to be really amazing. I've come to realise that it doesn't matter if it gives vapour or not because I've found that the flavour is really delicious and having it produce more vapour would probably mean having to sacrifice that (as I have experienced with the original Dabstorm). Another benefit of not having huge clouds is that it doesn't cause the glass mouthpiece to have as much condensed extracts on the inside, making it last longer before I need to clean it. I've used several dab pens before but none have given really tasty hits like this. In terms of charging, I've had to charge it more often than previous dab pens since I've felt comfortable at 28.5W so I charge every 4 or 5 days. I usually have the charging cable connected to a USB extension cable, connected to a PS4 in suspended mode. Even though my ceramic bowl has a black center (from all the burnt extracts) the taste is amazing and it doesn't taste burnt, although I am cautious about how long this bowl will last and whether it would outlast the atomizer or even the retaining ring, so I may buy some spares. One thing I would request however, would be to sell a titanium bowl (maybe with a matching atomizer) so that it would be easier to clean as well as giving a way to produce bigger clouds at higher temperatures.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@VapeFiend.com I have sent the kit and provided copies of postage receipts.

I sure hope you can resolve this quickly, as I have never been able to enjoy my rosin as much as the first time I tried the original Dab Storm on the old 'holes in the side' doughnut attys!

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@VapeFiend.com Once again you show how you are not only one of the best vape shops in the industry, but one of the best internet retailers on the web, period!

Many companies could learn what real customer service is from vapefiend.

Not only did they refund both postage costs for sending the battery & entire kit back, but I also got a courtesy phone call yesterday confirming they had found the problem on further inspection and as an apology for the trouble I have experienced with both versions of the Dab Storm, they would throw in a few extra cups & retainers.

When I opened the package (arriving promptly today), I thought my Birthday and Christmas had come early...

GdlJgcz.jpg

And when I plugged in the new replacement battery, it correctly displayed the charging symbol...

c4WMl91.jpg

I've just taken a minute amount of rosin, put it in the middle of the cup, dialled in 27w... and WOW, the tastes is amazing, my eye are getting heavy and I can't stop grinning.

Now I get what you were talking about... you guys have done it again when it comes to taste.

OK, the cup still needs work to heat more even and the cup could to with some kind of anti-drip cap...

Also I have just had a retainer leg break on second usage and now the device say's 'No atomiser', but works if I don't use the retainer?

I hope I don't now have a temperamental atomiser... I'll keep you posted. :tup:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Happy to tell you I was able to use the 2.0 with better sucess using smaller load, higher watt and water filtration (with a silicon tubing): amazing taste first and fat clouds after!

Although I'm still unable to hit it dry without to kill my lungs, I was even thinking it was coming from my homemade shatter but year after year I refined my tech and I'm very proud of the quality I get now and I never experienced this issues with all my Oil gear (e-nail, ceramic and glass rods, donut, plate style,...). I'm very surprised to be alone to mention that...

Except that everything is amazing and convenient with this device, taste is fabulous, effects are total, you can get large clouds if you want, no waste (if you use small load), easy to load (the easier I can say;;.) and I love the small mod it comes with!

I will post some pics later .

Time to work now..

PPN,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
I think it really has to be your shatter- the most common feedback that we get is how smooth the hits are with dabstorm 2.0! I hope you manage to find some product that works better in it, because it's an awesome experience!

VapeFiend.com,
Reactions: PPN

anasrzi

Haven't seen this on your website @VapeFiend.com so thought I'd ask here before emailing about your 2.0 directly. Are you selling the atomizer separately at any point? I can't see this on your site like I've said I can see the replacement cups, mouthpieces etc but not the whole unit minus the 30w mod.

Still got my dabstar pen which gets a run while I have to do discreet dabs on the go (normally after a pint or two..... or ten hehe, helps immensely with drink induced nausea) but fancy a upgrade in the future, got a cheap ceramic donut 510 threaded coming soon which I'll try out using the dabstar body, turned up to max if needed to heat the donut enough.

Along with selling the atomizers for the 2.0 whats your thoughts on using a more powerful mod or should I say a mod turned up more. A friend of mine has a good few of these mods around the place but many are 150-200w running off two 18650 batteries, way to much I know but he's got lesser powerful ones which can also be turned down, so my thinking is I could grab a atomizer only off you and a mod off him, turn it down and off we go :tup:.

Great work on the dabstrom 2.0 by the way, looks a quality unit overall. Very close between that and the firefly 2 for concentrates I see on your best vapes for 2017 ;)

Doktor Dub

I m quite interested in the dabstorm 2.0, anybody has a Comparison to Dabbie / Dabbie Pro?
And is there a FC Code Vapefiend?

Thanks a bunch!

Doktor Dub,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hey guys,

I m quite interested in the dabstorm 2.0, anybody has a Comparison to Dabbie / Dabbie Pro?
And is there a FC Code Vapefiend?

Dabbie Pro delivers one big water-cooled hit, whereas Dabstorm 2.0 is more stealthy and convenient (no need for a bubbler), and the hits are smoother and a bit tastier.

There is an incredible offer on too now we have a great offer in the Retailer Announcements thread.

Haven't seen this on your website @VapeFiend.com so thought I'd ask here before emailing about your 2.0 directly. Are you selling the atomizer separately at any point? I can't see this on your site like I've said I can see the replacement cups, mouthpieces etc but not the whole unit minus the 30w mod.

Still got my dabstar pen which gets a run while I have to do discreet dabs on the go (normally after a pint or two..... or ten hehe, helps immensely with drink induced nausea) but fancy a upgrade in the future, got a cheap ceramic donut 510 threaded coming soon which I'll try out using the dabstar body, turned up to max if needed to heat the donut enough.

Along with selling the atomizers for the 2.0 whats your thoughts on using a more powerful mod or should I say a mod turned up more. A friend of mine has a good few of these mods around the place but many are 150-200w running off two 18650 batteries, way to much I know but he's got lesser powerful ones which can also be turned down, so my thinking is I could grab a atomizer only off you and a mod off him, turn it down and off we go :tup:.

Great work on the dabstrom 2.0 by the way, looks a quality unit overall. Very close between that and the firefly 2 for concentrates I see on your best vapes for 2017 ;)

Thanks man! We will have the atomizer available again separately soon- they sold very quickly. But the offer above is a better deal to be honest. You can use pretty much any mod, but you can't go above 30w with the Dabstorm 2.0 atomizer or you'll just burn out the ceramic heating bowl. Not the end of the world as they only cost £9.99, but still, not worth trying above 30w.

By the way.... Dabstorm 2.0 Bubbler is coming soon!

tankster420

Hey guys, having had the dabstorm 2.0 for a while now, I've noticed that there is some condensation build up happening on atomizer, especially under the retaining ring and also on the insides of the atomizer under the ceramic heating bowl, it would probably take over a month of daily usage to notice it as it does feel sticky. I've also noticed one of the gold pins on the atomizer become loose (which should come in contact with the ceramic heating bowl) and I've had to push it back in its hole. I will see if this affects usage with the new ceramic heating bowl and retaining ring I've installed. Furthermore, I've noticed that you can only put the retaining ring on one way, as there is a slightly bigger gap on one of the legs of the retaining ring which I thought I should mention in case someone decides to accidentally break it on installation. All in all amazing flavour as always :) I may need to buy a new atomizer as the gold pin becoming loose is worrying...

tankster420,

tankster420

UPDATE

The atomizer still works, although I sometimes get a message on the display "Power too weak" when starting a dab session, which I suspect has something to do with the gold pin becoming loose in the atomizer under the ceramic heating bowl. I then have to hold the button again to get things going. Other than that everything seems to be working smoothly with my newly installed ceramic heating bowl and retaining ring. It only took a few hits to notice that a black ring was forming in the center of the ceramic heating bowl as it did in my previous bowl, I wonder if this is avoidable at all?

Also I wonder if the design of the ds2.0 could be improved, for example having a screwable ceramic heating bowl would remove the need for a retaining ring and reduce the maintenance costs for the user. As well as having the glass mouthpiece surround the ceramic heating bowl only instead of part of the atomizer, in an effort to prevent the condensation from the vapour sticking to areas it shouldn't, which would also help minimise cleaning too.

tankster420,

JimmyJump

Evening all. Was browsing the vapefiend site as I am seeking a new dry herb vape when I discovered this device. I see in the description it says you can use dry herb in the atomizer (obviously there is a risk of combustion, but I have owned a Palm 2.0 so know how small the margin of error can be between vape and combust). I own a few excellent mods so therefore would only need the 2.1 Atomizer and was wondering if anybody had tried this device out with dry herb. I don't have access to dabs and have always wished there was a 'tank' I could just screw on my mod and use to vape some herb!

Any input would be much appreciated!

JimmyJump,

KLo

No Ember

The screen still shows no charging indication when plugged in...

IMG_20161028_092842.jpg

... even with the new cable sent with the old battery.

It worked once, the day I opened the box, a big battery symbol showed the first time I charged the device, and it's never been seen since!

Does anyone else have this problem?

Same here

@VapeFiend.com Once again you show how you are not only one of the best vape shops in the industry, but one of the best internet retailers on the web, period!

Many companies could learn what real customer service is from vapefiend.

Not only did they refund both postage costs for sending the battery & entire kit back, but I also got a courtesy phone call yesterday confirming they had found the problem on further inspection and as an apology for the trouble I have experienced with both versions of the Dab Storm, they would throw in a few extra cups & retainers.

When I opened the package (arriving promptly today), I thought my Birthday and Christmas had come early...

GdlJgcz.jpg

And when I plugged in the new replacement battery, it correctly displayed the charging symbol...

c4WMl91.jpg

I've just taken a minute amount of rosin, put it in the middle of the cup, dialled in 27w... and WOW, the tastes is amazing, my eye are getting heavy and I can't stop grinning.

Now I get what you were talking about... you guys have done it again when it comes to taste.

OK, the cup still needs work to heat more even and the cup could to with some kind of anti-drip cap...

Also I have just had a retainer leg break on second usage and now the device say's 'No atomiser', but works if I don't use the retainer?

I hope I don't now have a temperamental atomiser... I'll keep you posted. :tup:

I don't get the charging symbol as shown when plugged in. The complete display is there when the button is engaged, powered on, but no charging indicator while unit is off. The only time it displayed charging was right out of the box, brand new. Got one good session before things went wonky and the battery dipped really fast and minimized the hits. Plugged the cord in to charge and watched it level up and then the thing just refused to fire.

Bummer. Vapefiend has been great with the communications, offering to have a look at it and possibly send another battery.

Would you advise going through the paces to get a replacement? Have you had consistency with the device and new battery?

I, too, am impressed with the taste and, therefore, on-the-fence. Thanks for the input.

Hey guys, having had the dabstorm 2.0 for a while now, I've noticed that there is some condensation build up happening on atomizer, especially under the retaining ring and also on the insides of the atomizer under the ceramic heating bowl, it would probably take over a month of daily usage to notice it as it does feel sticky. I've also noticed one of the gold pins on the atomizer become loose (which should come in contact with the ceramic heating bowl) and I've had to push it back in its hole. I will see if this affects usage with the new ceramic heating bowl and retaining ring I've installed. Furthermore, I've noticed that you can only put the retaining ring on one way, as there is a slightly bigger gap on one of the legs of the retaining ring which I thought I should mention in case someone decides to accidentally break it on installation. All in all amazing flavour as always :) I may need to buy a new atomizer as the gold pin becoming loose is worrying...

Yeah, those little legs are brittle for sure. The gaps that hold the retaining legs in place are not the same size on mine and cause problems.

ds2_rr.jpg

The retainers are also spray painted. I'm pretty sure I got high from that on the first session. Not in a good way :zombie: Paint chipped off the atomizer whilst trying to reassemble the ring, as seen above. Resulted in a broken leg. So, replacements are essential to the kit.

Other than that, I like the replaceable bucket coils. Flavour is definitely the selling point. I used the atomizer with another mod and it worked perfectly.

I'm not thrilled about the mp on this thing. It's a cheapie. Very fragile glass. Looks like it was handblown at a carnival.

ds2_mp.jpg

Evening all. Was browsing the vapefiend site as I am seeking a new dry herb vape when I discovered this device. I see in the description it says you can use dry herb in the atomizer (obviously there is a risk of combustion, but I have owned a Palm 2.0 so know how small the margin of error can be between vape and combust). I own a few excellent mods so therefore would only need the 2.1 Atomizer and was wondering if anybody had tried this device out with dry herb. I don't have access to dabs and have always wished there was a 'tank' I could just screw on my mod and use to vape some herb!

Any input would be much appreciated!

Have you heard of the Black Sub-Herb https://www.migvapor.com/vaporizers This is not an endorsement, just saw it in passing. Pretty sure someone's reviewed them on the YouTubes. Might be harsh, imo. Let us know if you take the plunge.

Last edited:
KLo,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@KLo I haven't used mine for months and pimped my Yocan Evolve with the box mod.

vapefiend are a great company, have amazing customer service and will go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.

I cannot say a bad word about vapefiend, it's just this Dab Storm V2.0 I'm not impressed with and preferred the old pen style dab storm (when it worked). Perhaps the V2.0 is just not for me, and others enjoy it more.

Personally so far I think the best concentrate portable dabbing vape I've tried is the Divine Crossing V3 re-buildable doughnut atomiser. It has great taste, is easy to clean and replacing parts is a doddle. The white ceramic V3 with my white eLeaf Aster box-mod looks dope!

As for the charging symbol, I find it is well flaky, sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't, there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind it, though it doesn't' seem to affect the unit charging, but the battery life isn't that great and goes dead pretty fast even when just sitting on the shelf not being used for a week or two.

1DMF,
Reactions: KLo

KLo

No Ember
Agreed, Vapefiend is more than willing to accomodate and service. I'm not sure if it's worth all the back-and-forth with this particular unit. But that's on me. The DS2.0 atomizer seems to be alright..with more testing of the bucket coils to see how they perform over time. The interchangeability of these were the definitive selling point for me. This was the first mod set-up I tried and thought the price was fair for a beginner. I'm primarily a flower junkie.

@1DMF appreciate your input. I'll check out the Divine Crossing. Not sure if it's the same as Divine Tribe atty, but those are in demand. A lot of dedicated dabbers like the donut ceramics with portables. Haven't tried one yet. Potential pooling in the crevices might pose issues? not sure.

I'm rocking the Miracle coils right now for micro dabs. No exposed coils. So far, so good.

KLo,
Reactions: 1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Not sure if it's the same as Divine Tribe atty
Divine Tribe (USA) and SZ Crossing (China) have teamed together to create the Divine Crossing product.

I mainly vape flower in my solo or ascent, but love the portability and hit I get from a dab pen.

I also have the DT dry herb atty and that is now collecting dust as it gets way too hot to be of out-and-about use, it also drains the battery way faster compared to the concentrate doughnuts. So no one MF gets it right across all product lines!

I'm not sure if it's worth all the back-and-forth with this particular unit.
I hear ya, instead of sending my Dr Dabber Aurora in for warranty I just sold it for spares on eBay. I was then contacted by the buyer, saying it didn't work, I gave a £10.00 refund and then they contacted me to say they got in touch with Dr Dabber and they replaced the lot under warranty, but they never gave me my £10.00 back! From now on I just throw them in the bin or let them collect dust.

My Dab Storm 2.0 when I do try to use it most of the time refuses to work complaining about 'No Atomiser', if I remove the retaining ring clip that holds the cup in place, it works, but the second you suck the cup is removed from its housing by the suction. :bang:

1DMF,
Reactions: KLo

KLo

No Ember
Good infos @1DMF - Divine collaborations abound !

Re: DabStorm2.0, mine worked with a lopsided retaining clip that refused to couple with the atomizer. Not sure why it fit at first use, then not, but during the troubleshooting phase I removed the coil cup and the retainer then failed to cooperate. Much fiddling insued. Wedged a silicone gasket in the gap 'tween the ring and atty to stabilize things and...bink...broken leg.

For now, I'll hold on to the atomizer and extra cups/parts for backup. Tried once on a new mod and it worked nicely, however, I remain wary of using the DS2 atty until procuring at least one more battery. Noob with a single battery, ha

Thought I'd try experimenting with extracts and hadn't much luck with pens, even Firefly2 (for concentrates). Thought sub-ohm might be a proper fit and went with DS2. Saw the Vapefiend crew enjoying flavourful hits on YouTube. You gotta start somewhere, yeh? Now I have a better idea of what's out there and thanks to the forum, the picture is clearer. Everyone's in development and pioneering, mostly on-the-level, not all out to rob the train. I appreciate the intense hits with oils and such, now, with a bit of trial/error. I don't engage in tolerance breaks ! so "all aboard"

:leaf:LIFER:razz:

KLo,
Reactions: 1DMF

sNc

The Dabstorm 2.0 (with updated 2.1 atomiser and the battery mod) is now on offer for £39.99! Really tempted to get one of these as I'm looking to branch out into concentrates and not convinced my Pax 3 concentrate chamber will be up to the job?

Can anyone give some recent feedback regarding this unit please?

sNc,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
If you do get one let us know how you get on. Mine has gathered dust more or less since purchase, but would be interested to see if the new atomiser shows any improvements.

1DMF,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
If you do get one let us know how you get on. Mine has gathered dust more or less since purchase, but would be interested to see if the new atomiser shows any improvements.

Please drop us an email, there were some faulty atomizers in our first batch- and we now have replaced the ceramic retaining ring with a metal one which holds the bowl much better. We can help you out if you contact us :-)

VapeFiend.com,
Top Bottom