Dabstorm Ceramic Dab Pen

zft

I'm also in the same boat, must have been a bad batch. i have two big boys that i will be shipping back and yes the service has been great thus far and they havent lost me as a customer yet

zft,

vapeape77

I actually had several defective donut attys that I ordered on Black Friday. All good to go when I ran a test on the replacements yesterday! Excellent overseas service and fast shipment, this only gives me more confidence next time I order from VapeFiend.

VAPEHUNTER

Has anyone been using theirs for Rosin? Yesterday I gave my wax pen to my brother with Epilepsy and now I'm looking to replace it. I like the idea of the donut Atty. but don't know how it will handle the added "material" in the Rosin.
TIA

vapeape77

Has anyone been using theirs for Rosin? Yesterday I gave my wax pen to my brother with Epilepsy and now I'm looking to replace it. I like the idea of the donut Atty. but don't know how it will handle the added "material" in the Rosin.
TIA

I guess it would depend on how well you extract the rosin, but should work fine. Can even run reclaim from a herb vape in the donut atty, just do a longer burnoff afterwards. I'm pretty lucky to have nice access to $30-40 bho grams to not need to take this route.

I did ruin a donut atty this weekend by soaking it way too long upside-down in 70% iso during a deep clean, doh! my bad totally forgot about it!

harmless healing

Anyone else getting as mall crack on their donut when burning off at 30w

Has happened on 3 atys now. They still work, just not as well and can't seem to fully burn off

Cheers

harmless healing,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I'm having a few issues with the doughnut replacement atomisers since they changed the design , to the point my battery seems to have been fried by a doggy atomiser.

@VapeFiend.com are on the case doing what they can to help resolve the issues, and I have no complaints there, customer service is top notch as usual.

In the interim I chanced my arm to get my vape working again and pimped my VapeFiend DabStorm with my Snoop Dog G-Pen....

ZdNenRe.jpg

I must say, I like this form factor, OK, it's missing the variable control, but I like it being shorter, especially when using the all glass mouth-piece.

OK, it's not a perfect fit, but at least it proves the battery was fried and not the atomiser!

@VapeFiend.com please bring out a shorter version, with the glass mouth-piece shorter also :rockon:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm having a few issues with the doughnut replacement atomisers since they changed the design , to the point my battery seems to have been fried by a doggy atomiser.

@VapeFiend.com are on the case doing what they can to help resolve the issues, and I have no complaints there, customer service is top notch as usual.

In the interim I chanced my arm to get my vape working again and pimped my VapeFiend DabStorm with my Snoop Dog G-Pen....

ZdNenRe.jpg

I must say, I like this form factor, OK, it's missing the variable control, but I like it being shorter, especially when using the all glass mouth-piece.

OK, it's not a perfect fit, but at least it proves the battery was fried and not the atomiser!

@VapeFiend.com please bring out a shorter version, with the glass mouth-piece shorter also :rockon:
I used my Snoop doggy dog battery with EO W9 cart (601 thread), amazing it fits the 510 thread too!

PPN,
Reactions: 1DMF

justcametomind

I loved mines and still this is the best pen imho. Beats aura on the ass since it's 30% cheaper and doesn't disassemble inside the pockets,lol :D

justcametomind,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer

ZdNenRe.jpg

The issue with this is that we find the Donut really needs that extra power to get going- even then it doesn't really give the best results without the Big Boy Battery, which pumps out the clouds, but is much bigger. Are you using the Donut on the Snoop battery?

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Are you using the Donut on the Snoop battery?
Yes, not sure what the power of the snoop battery is, but even holding the button until it flashes and auto-turns off, it still doesn't burn the hit like the Yocan does with less than a second press of the button.

I adore the dabstorm for flavour, it is awesome and was what made me buy a Rosin press, if I had got my Yocan first, I probably wouldn't have bothered and would have thought dabbing wasn't for me.

The dabstorm ceramic doughnut to me tastes totally amazing, and so far nothing I have tried comes any where close. Not even the dabstorm coils.

The only issue I have is the battery is very long, making it awkward to fit nicely in your jeans or jacket pocket.

Also the glass mouth piece, although helping keep the hit clean and fresh, separates from the device too easy with the rubber seals and then fluff gets inside the atomiser - yuk - seriously - yuk!

If you made the glass mouth piece smaller, the battery much shorter (fatter is OK) and put an anti-drip cap type attachment (like the Yocan), I'd buy another one tomorrow!

(though I hope the current atomiser issues I have had are isolated, your customer service is second to none, but it is still a pain in the arse waiting for the replacement!)

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Yes, not sure what the power of the snoop battery is, but even holding the button until it flashes and auto-turns off, it still doesn't burn the hit like the Yocan does with less than a second press of the button.

I adore the dabstorm for flavour, it is awesome and was what made me buy a Rosin press, if I had got my Yocan first, I probably wouldn't have bothered and would have thought dabbing wasn't for me.

The dabstorm ceramic doughnut to me tastes totally amazing, and so far nothing I have tried comes any where close. Not even the dabstorm coils.

The only issue I have is the battery is very long, making it awkward to fit nicely in your jeans or jacket pocket.

Also the glass mouth piece, although helping keep the hit clean and fresh, separates from the device too easy with the rubber seals and then fluff gets inside the atomiser - yuk - seriously - yuk!

If you made the glass mouth piece smaller, the battery much shorter (fatter is OK) and put an anti-drip cap type attachment (like the Yocan), I'd buy another one tomorrow!

(though I hope the current atomiser issues I have had are isolated, your customer service is second to none, but it is still a pain in the arse waiting for the replacement!)

Thanks for the compliments and your suggestions- we are in development with Dabstorm 2.0, so will definitely take these suggestions into account.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Thanks for the compliments and your suggestions- we are in development with Dabstorm 2.0, so will definitely take these suggestions into account.
I certainly hope so, as the Dr Dabber replacement is OK and better than the Yocan Evolve, well if you leave it on low (green) as high (purple) also tastes like burnt ass.

The dabstorm doughnut was the most amazing experience I have had with a dab pen, and I have had a few now!

Nothing tastes as clean and flavorful, while giving decent visual vapour as the dabstorm on really low settings.

I'll get by using the Dr. Dabber, but I cannot wait to try Dabstorm 2.0

Incidentally, Dr. Dabber is the exact size (in length) I was suggesting you make the Dabstorm and is also the exact length the Dabstorm is when using the Snoop Dogg battery in the photo above.

So make your glass mouthpiece the size of Dr Dabber ceramic one and your battery much shorter and get reliable atomisers, and you will have one of the best dab pens on the planet!

Keep up the great work and fantastic customer service, you took a lot of the pain out of an unfortunate reliability nightmare, and cannot thank you enough for the way you handled the warranty return. :clap:

Do you have an ETA for Dabstorm 2.0 - Do you need a tester :tup:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Can i use the donuts with any battery? Tried it on my eleaf mini and it was fine.

Just it says in the manual to only use dabstorm batteries.

VapourHaze,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
The missus is going to kill me... I just purchased mine :rockon:

The original dab storm tasted so amazing, I sure hope this lives up to expectations, considering the issues I had with the pen.

I have concerns with the glass mouth piece as the original one was way too easy to break, so hope this has been addressed.

Either way I can't wait to take it for a test drive!

I'm so excited...
penguin.gif

1DMF,
Reactions: PPN

vapeape77

Sounds like the old big boy battery will work with the 2.0 atty. You need a heating bowl with this atty, kinda expensive sounding? Please weigh in on how easy it is to keep the bowl clean and if there is any resistance when hit, thanks!

vapeape77,

VapourHaze

Iv3 ordered the atty .. got an eleaf istick running the ds1 its 30w so enough power to run.

Apparently this atty is same as longmada mr bald t .

VapourHaze,

Rishi Tank

Bought the Dabstorm 2.0 recently, an amazing piece of kit! It really smacks you in the face when you least expect it. Some questions/comments I have though:
1) the ceramic bowl doesn't seem to produce any visible vapour when heated, even at higher temperatures, although it definitely feels like you're inhaling something, is this intentional?

2) Quite a bit of the concentrate melts to an oil form and tends to stick to the sides of the bowl, so not all of the concentrate actually evaporates and consecutive hits don't seem to evaporate the remaining oil stuck to the sides.

3) will the atomizer need replacing less or more often than the ceramic bowl? It seems as if they are now separate items whereas in previous models they were one item (more profitable I guess).

Thanks in advance.

Rishi Tank,

VapourHaze

Bought the Dabstorm 2.0 recently, an amazing piece of kit! It really smacks you in the face when you least expect it. Some questions/comments I have though:
1) the ceramic bowl doesn't seem to produce any visible vapour when heated, even at higher temperatures, although it definitely feels like you're inhaling something, is this intentional?

2) Quite a bit of the concentrate melts to an oil form and tends to stick to the sides of the bowl, so not all of the concentrate actually evaporates and consecutive hits don't seem to evaporate the remaining oil stuck to the sides.

3) will the atomizer need replacing less or more often than the ceramic bowl? It seems as if they are now separate items whereas in previous models they were one item (more profitable I guess).

Thanks in advance.

I dont have one yet but sounds like its not working properly if your not getting any visible vapour?

VapourHaze,

Rishi Tank

I dont have one yet but sounds like its not working properly if your not getting any visible vapour?

It does work since I can feel the effect of the concentrates, it is just that there is no visible vapour. Even at 30 watts (the maximum suggested with the ceramic bowl) there is no visible vapour but you do feel something at the back of your throat as if there were. I've also noticed this same effect in the previous model with the ceramic donut atomizer, however with the ceramic rod atomizer there is always dense clouds no matter what. Therefore I've come to the conclusion it has to do something with how the concentrates melt onto the ceramic (no / less clouds) vs melting onto a titanium wire coil (clouds for days).

Edit: I found that in order to see some vapour through the glass mouthpiece you would have to keep hitting it until the atomizer gets really hot to touch and then making it difficult to take off (would burn you). After that I was well satisfied though, thoroughly hazed.

Last edited:
Rishi Tank,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
@Rishi Tank can you advise what settings you are using , joule mode, power, what time setting you have etc..

The manual is unreadable as it's too small, even with my reading glasses I can't read the damn thing!

I also get no vapour, I tried on 30W but it tastes like burnt ass. I used to get loads of vapour without loosing any flavour from the pen doughnuts?

Last edited:
1DMF,

VapourHaze

It does work since I can feel the effect of the concentrates, it is just that there is no visible vapour. Even at 30 watts (the maximum suggested with the ceramic bowl) there is no visible vapour but you do feel something at the back of your throat as if there were. I've also noticed this same effect in the previous model with the ceramic donut atomizer, however with the ceramic rod atomizer there is always dense clouds no matter what. Therefore I've come to the conclusion it has to do something with how the concentrates melt onto the ceramic (no / less clouds) vs melting onto a titanium wire coil (clouds for days).

Edit: I found that in order to see some vapour through the glass mouthpiece you would have to keep hitting it until the atomizer gets really hot to touch and then making it difficult to take off (would burn you). After that I was well satisfied though, thoroughly hazed.

Do you mean you dont exhale any visible vapour (no holdung hits in) because when i run the ceramic donut ds1 i get plenty of visible vapour at 18w.

VapourHaze,

Rishi Tank

Do you mean you dont exhale any visible vapour (no holdung hits in) because when i run the ceramic donut ds1 i get plenty of visible vapour at 18w.

I don't exhale any visible vapour (I always hold it in a few seconds at least), but having the dabstorm 2.0 really hot will allow you to notice sequential "bursts" of vapour emanating through the glass mouthpiece as you inhale at that high temperature. However at that point I'm a little worried on the lifespan of the atomizer by using it while it is so hot to touch.

@Rishi Tank can you advise what settings you are using , joule mode, power, what time setting you have etc..

The manual is unreadable as it's too small, even with my reading glasses I can't read the damn thing!

I also get no vapour, I tried on 30W but it tastes like burnt ass. I used to get loads of vapour without loosing any flavour from the pen doughnuts?

I've tried it at 30W and lower, although if I try to inhale at that wattage when the atomizer is hot to the touch then I can feel a tickle at the back of my throat and it is hard to hold in the vapour since you feel the need to cough, at that point I usually set it back down to 26W or so, but the results are similar i.e. no visible vapour on exhale, sequential bursts of vapour visible during inhale although I would say it seems negligible. However that isn't to say the dabstorm 2.0 doesn't achieve its desired effect, because you definitely feel the effects of the concentrates, even though there is no visible proof it is doing its job. The downside to that is you end up inhaling more than you should...

Other than the wattage I haven't changed any other settings.

Rishi Tank,

VapourHaze

Interesting @Rishi Tank .. i should get min3 2moro . Ill let u know my findings. If i get no visible vapour i will be very disappointed

VapourHaze,
Top Bottom